The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Quantum Teleportation Sends Information 143 Kilometers

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:27 am

The fist team in the world to teleport information was the Australian team in 2002.

here is some more from later years .......

Scientists teleport Schrodinger's cat

Fri Apr 15, 2011

Researchers from Australia and Japan have successfully teleported wave packets of light, potentially revolutionising quantum communications and computing.

The team, led by researchers at the University of Tokyo, say this is the first-ever teleportation, or transfer, of a particular complex set of quantum information from one point to another.

They say it will make possible high-speed, high-fidelity transmission of large volumes of information, such as quantum encryption keys, via communications networks.

The research appears today in the journal Science.

Professor Elanor Huntington, of the School of Engineering and Information Technology at UNSW's Canberra campus, explains that teleportation - the transfer of quantum information from one location to another using normal, "classical" communications - is a fundamental quantum communication technique.

"It relies on having two things," she said.

"One is the normal fibre-optic internet or even copper cables, and the other is a shared resource between the sender and the receiver, that could have been shared at any time in the past: we call that entanglement."

Professor Huntington says the idea of quantum teleportation has been around for about 10 years, but has been difficult to put into practice.

"There used to be two ways of doing teleportation and both had their limitations," she said.

"One was quite fast, but had a limited probability of succeeding. The other way of doing it was quite slow, but had a very good probability of working.

"What we've done is managed to get it both fast and good quality."

Schrodinger's cat comes back
They did it by teleporting the wave packets of light in a "Schrodinger's cat" state.

In Schrodinger's famous thought experiment of the 1930s, a cat would be placed in a sealed box with a device containing atomic material.

A Geiger counter was included to measure radiation if at some point an atom decayed. Should that happen, the Geiger counter would trigger the release of cyanide gas, which would kill the cat.

The idea was that it was impossible to know whether or not the cat was alive or dead without opening the box and observing it, and that until that happened, both realities existed. This became known as superposition.

Schrodinger is said to have devised the experiment to ridicule the emerging theories of quantum physics, but since then physicists have found many examples of superposition in the quantum world.

"What was funky about Schrodinger's idea was that you could take a normal macroscopic object, which we all think we know and understand fairly well, and you could put it into a quantum superposition - and that's kind of weird," Professor Huntington said.

"Nowadays any kind of system where you do that is known as a Schrodinger's cat.

"So in our case what we've done is take a macroscopic beam of light and put it into a quantum superposition, which is extremely fragile, and teleported that from one place to another.

"One of the ways that we encode digital information is by its phase, so what we've done is created a wave packet that's simultaneously a one and a zero in its phase."

"Superposition is exactly what underlies the power of things like quantum computers. You enable parallel processing because at the same time it's a one and a zero. The point is, we've managed to teleport it from A to B without the one and the zero getting confused."

Professor Huntington says being able to demonstrate this will enable researchers to take the next step in quantum computing.

"[Being able to transfer data packets] is a necessary thing to do in order to build a proper quantum computer or a quantum communications device," she said.

LINK:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-04-15/s ... at/2614780
rath

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 am

When are they going to have a break through that's important though? Like sending my broccoli farts to someone via their cell phone number?
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:28 pm

An important breakthrough? Apparently sending information 2 meters is as important as 143 km. :lol:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:58 pm

I'd settle for 143 km right now but my flatulence surpassed 2 meters a long long time ago. :D
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:40 pm

:sick: :sick: :sick:
at1with0

Postby bionic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:22 am

Let's face it. Some of us are way beyond that....we are a , group mind', after all.. Jung saw it. Just tap into that.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby rath » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:37 am

at1with0 wrote:An important breakthrough? Apparently sending information 2 meters is as important as 143 km. :lol:

you go on about that, but like i keep saying .....

show me what they have done that improves the science here.

You posted this topic going on about what a great american breakthrough this was.

But i pointed out that it was not. Because the American team just copied the Australian team who really were the worlds first at this. & more over the Australian team did it over 10 years ago already.

& because i showed that the American team has done nothing neither great nor new .... & that they have just copied & stolen somebody else's research for their own glory .... thus lying an cheating for a quick buck.

it was only after i had shown that your entire post was based on one lie after another .... that you then made the claim that because the American team sent the info/beam of light further than the Australian team, that it is somehow new research & a new invention.

to which i say

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Just last week NASA ...... sent a voice message from mars to earth. & the reason it never made the news ...... even tho it was the longest voice message ever ....

well know-body gives a crap, as we have all turned on a radio or made a phone call before.

& just because something is done faster or longer or from further away doses not often change the science behind the original version.

you don't hear about the person who first put wheels on a travel bag, or on a shopping trolly ( do you )

But we all talk about the person who first invented the wheel .... ( even tho we don't know who he is. )

Same goes for fire. we all give the unknown person who first harnessed fire ..... but know-body cares about the person who created matches.

same goes for the car ...... & just about everything else in our world.

people who copy other peoples inventions & research get no credit. ( just like your post )

Why because they were not the first, & that they are just copying somebody else's creation.

So

like i said already.

Distance means nothing.

a. show me how distance changes the original ( Australian ) research.

b. show me how you can prove that just because the Australian team didn't sent their Info/beam of light further than they did ...... that some how you think that means that they couldn't send the info further than they did.

& lets not pass over the fact that you wrongly claimed that the American teams research, was a vast improvement on the Australian research because they sent information where as the Australian team only sent light.

& only after i showed that you had no understanding of what you were talking about, because the American team sent the same information as the original Australian team, ( the info being the info encoded in the beam of light )
Did you then change your stance from the science involved to the distance they sent the beam of light.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Like i said, show me your research paper that explains that because the Australian team only sent the information they sent, just a few meters, that it also means that they could not or did not send the information further.

Also you need to show how the science has changed to allow the American team sent their information further then the Australian team.

& you will also need to prove that anybody who seeks to do this research in the future will need to invent a new method of delivery if they wish to send any information further than 143km.

& then show what changes they had to make & what new inventions they had to create, that were different from that of the Original Australian team.

But first

you still need to explain what the American team did different from the Australian team.

& how it was different.

& until you can do that. ........ Which you thus far have failed to do.

:lol:
rath

Postby at1with0 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:30 am

rath wrote:
you still need to explain what the American team did different from the Australian team.

Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:
at1with0

Postby rath » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 am

at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:

Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:

You make yourself look more & more silly with every post you make at1withzero. & you are really living up to your name son.

Again distance means nothing.

at1with0 wrote:Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:

A. the technology the Australian team invented & used to sent the Info / beam of light a few meters ...... is the same technology the American team used to send their info/beam of light 143km.

like i said ..... YOU show me, what it is you think makes the American teams attempt to copy the Australian team .... any different from what the Australian team did in 2002.

B.

at1with0 wrote:Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:

you keep going on about the Australian team only sending the info/beam of light a few meters in 2002.

But you keep ignoring the Australian / Japanese attempt in 2011, & thu ingnoring the fact that the 2011 attemp sent the info/beam of light further then the 2002 attempt.

Q. .... how far is it to Japan from Australia.

your 143KM still means nothing.

You go on about how 143km is the distance to satellites ........ SO

Distance means Nothing.

You still need to show, how the American team ( this month 20012 ) improved the technology so it would allow them to send the information / beam of light further than the Australian team.
&

You need to show how distance is relevant at all .....

& YOU CAN'T

because the American team didn't do anything new, they just copied Australia ( Again ) ....

like i said before, already ..... Just because the Australian team back in 2002 only sent the quantum information / beam of light a few meters at the time.

Does not mean they could not have sent it further than they did.

Ergo the Australian / Japanese attempt back in 2011.

So until you can explain the holes in your statements, you will just continue to look silly.
rath

Postby at1with0 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 am

rath wrote:Again distance means nothing.

Don't be stupid.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts