The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Forbes on the Buffalo Bills

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby capricorn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:01 am

I'm from Buffalo, and yes I am a Buffalo Bills fan, Sympathy Aprreciated ;)

But in all Seriousness, this article blames a small market and an aging stadium as key points to why the Bills are the most troubled franchise in the NFL. I disagree... I do however agree with their point of an aging owner. Ralph Wilson is 93 years old and has stated that "he will die with the team" and has refused to sell it.

Now The same speculation was made about the Buffalo Sabres. They blamed a small market for the troubled problems. Then.. a real businessman (Tom Golisano) stepped in, purchased the team, and transformed the Sabres into one of the top tier businesses in the NHL while also taking us to a Presidents Trophy and the Eastern Championship game within his 5 year tenure as owner. Then, not only that.. put us in a position where Terry Pegula (now one of the wealthiest owner is ALL sports) purchased the team and has vowed to win us a stanely cup.

Deliver a product that is worth it and people will spend money on the games. We have a population of 1.3 million people in WNY and that doesnt include nearby Rochester and Toronto. What we need is a new owner who has vision for the future (much like Tom Golisano.. who has already expressed interest in having ownership in the Bills organization).

Until then, I will suffer with a sub-par tema who struggles to make the playoffs :(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... line_stack
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby bionic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 am

My H is from Wset Senica..we are Bills fans, mainly!

heh, heh, heh

On a baseball sidenote..we live near Oakland, now..have you seen how well the A's are doing? yowza
:thumbup:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:33 am

Awh, Razorcake fans! I've never seen them so close before.

have you seen how well the A's are doing? yowza
:thumbup:

Don't remind me.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm not a big football watcher at all, but since I'm from Kenmore, part of Buffalo for non-Buffalo folks, I have a soft spot for Buffalo if I routing for anyone. Capricorn could walk to my old home.

While on the subject of Buffalo, I was watching the movie Buffalo 66, and in the beginning I am convinced the scene shot with them sitting in the car, was filmed at the end of my street. If either of you watch it, there is a scene just after he abducts the girl where they sit in a neighborhood and he is telling her what he wants her to do. He gets out of the car to go to the bathroom, and walks across the street by a tree overlooking a football field and school. My mind instantly recognized it as Wilton Place, and the back side of St. Joes. Remember me telling you I lived on Deumaunt Terrace? Deumaunt was the street that would have been in the center of the field area, and Wilton Place is divided with an Island. I checked it out on google earth, and am postive this is the location of that scene in the movie. The movie was horrible, but I watched it only to see Buffalo archtecture. I could see on google earth, the houses they parked next to and the back yard garages, plus the house it had to be showed the front walkway the same. Talk about memory lane, I last saw that school when I was a kid in 1960, but the building and chimney was imprinted in my memory.
greeney2

Postby capricorn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 am

I haven't seen Buffalo 66, yet.. but you know what, I'm going to rent it this week and watch it :) .. i heard it wasnt that great but seeing as that I'm from Buffalo, i should probably see it.
capricorn

Postby capricorn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 am

oh.. and bionic.. Go Bills! :thumbup:
capricorn

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts