The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

9-11 eleven years later.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 am

It still makes me cry, even without the video I can't listen to that song without tears streaming down my face. The images of that day are burned in my mind, all of the horror and shock. I also remember the way people came together though, how polite we all were. Suddenly, getting somewhere fast wasn't important anymore. People took their time at four-way stops, waving each other through with a smile. Even at the grocery store, everyone was polite and mindful of one another. We were all one people, joined together by what had just happened to "our country".

Fast forward to today and we couldn't be more divided. Our government seems to have forgotten what this country stands for. We have become a police state, instead of living the way we always have in the face of terrorism. Instead of triumphing despite these extremists, we have sex offenders and child molesters employed by the TSA to grope your wife and children. We have "free speech zones", drone surveillance, unwarranted wire tapping and spying, militarized police forces, political parties with zero respect for the electoral process and Homeland Security.

This is just barely scratching the surface of what's wrong with this country today. I'm sure everyone could create a thread of their own and come up with at least a ten bullet point list of things wrong with this country today. Where is our pride? Did it get sent to other countries like all of our jobs? Are people too afraid to be proud of this nation anymore? Maybe their afraid being "patriotic" will get them labeled as a "home grown terrorist" and hauled off to prison with no charge or trial? This is what makes me cry the most.

Our country is being destroyed and it is being done in the name of those who died that day. Reminds me of a saying, "remember the dead but fight for the living".
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby greeney2 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:21 am

Yesterday embassies in Libya and Egypt were attacked killing an Ambassodor to Libya inside the embassy. Muslims giving a reason of retaliation over a anti Muslim film produced in the USA.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:32 am

I treat a lot of what I read about politics as hearsay.

This is a solemn acknowledgement of what happened 11 years ago.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby hxxx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:56 pm

One reaps what one sows.
hxxx

Postby greeney2 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:15 pm

Only an idiot would think those people reaped anything like this, Oh speak of the Devil Hxxx is back.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Do people ever deserve to be raped?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby En-Lugal » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:09 pm

greeney2 wrote:Yesterday embassies in Libya and Egypt were attacked killing an Ambassodor to Libya inside the embassy. Muslims giving a reason of retaliation over a anti Muslim film produced in the USA.

Yes I know. One of the staffers, killed in the attack, was a well known and beloved member of the EVE Online community. Very small world. I was going to burn a PLEX so I could log in with my main but the only PC I have capable of running the client crapped out again. Lot's of people paying their respects, unfortunately I can't participate. :cry:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:57 pm

En-Lugal wrote:
greeney2 wrote:Yesterday embassies in Libya and Egypt were attacked killing an Ambassodor to Libya inside the embassy. Muslims giving a reason of retaliation over a anti Muslim film produced in the USA.

Yes I know. One of the staffers, killed in the attack, was a well known and beloved member of the EVE Online community. Very small world. I was going to burn a PLEX so I could log in with my main but the only PC I have capable of running the client crapped out again. Lot's of people paying their respects, unfortunately I can't participate. :cry:

eve online
Sep 14, 2012 7:30 PM
Get our top stories follow kotaku
by Owen Good

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Pays Tribute to Slain Diplomat and EVE Online Gamer

In a memorial service today for four American diplomats assassinated in Libya earlier this week, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton paid tribute to Sean Smith, a consular officer for the United States who also served as a diplomat in EVE Online and as a member of that MMO's real-world governing body.

In her eulogy, Clinton directly referenced Smith's work in that video game's community.

Clinton, in a service attended by President Obama today at Andrews Air Force Base, said that Smith was survived by "a loving wife, Heather, two young children—Samantha and Nathan—and scores of grieving family, friends and colleagues.

"And that's just in this world," said Clinton, "because in the virtual worlds Sean helped create, he is also being mourned by countless competitors, collaborators and gamers, who shared his passion."

Source

Just a follow up to the story.
En-Lugal

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts