The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The Vote Heard From Here to Israel

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Administrator » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Ok - so PLEASE help me understand. I kept quiet all day, but this has been bugging me. I was one of the lucky ones who saw the now infamous vote last night at the DNC wherein they amended their party platform. I am genuinely asking for responses on this.

With a room full of delegates, the vote was clear to suspend convention rules for the motion to amend by 2/3 (if you didn't see it, you can clearly hear like 3 idiots yell "nay" - the rest were fine to hear the proposed amendments - AMAZING politics - and I mean that genuinely. I am glued to stuff like that). Then, after Villaraigosa asked for the second vote to amend the party's platform after the amendments were stated out loud and shown on screen, it was CLEARLY not a 2/3 vote. He stopped himself, and with frustration in his voice, I assume he thought the voters didn't realize their mistake. So, in mid-sentence, he asked a second time. CLEARLY again, not a 2/3 majority. I would say safely 50/50, arguably the nay's had a SLIGHT majority. Villaraigosa CLEARLY hears that they don't have the majority. And I believe if it were not for what happens next, he would've not amended the platform. But a lady comes up stage, bleeding into the mic the words, "....let them do what they are going to do..." then Villaraigosa holds a THIRD vote. Clearly not the majority AGAIN. I am sorry - can any democrat, republican, or independent (or whatever party) tell me that was a majority? Seriously...

Now Clinton did a great job using the word Arithmetic... what happened to using arithmetic in this case? 2/3 is a majority - not half - a clear majority. Rules state if it is undetermined, they would go to a written vote. Obviously, that would take time, and would bleed into Clinton's time, so of course, it was erroneously amended amidst the boos and jeers. In addition, this was a crucial change to get Obama "in the clear" from have no mention of God in their platform, and not recognizing Jerusalem as the Capitol of Israel. Didn't he think of this earlier?

Here is my question - what happened to the American way? This is an amazing show of our American politics, and no sooner was I impressed and in awe of our system AND the DNC as a whole (and I was learning something I didn't know) the Democratic chair (Villaraigosa) clearly was in the wrong, and I would even say he wasn't fully to blame. There was an 'intervention' to do a third vote, and immediately pass the amendment despite him clearly not agreeing it was majority.

Why are so many ignoring this? 1) This is a blatant disregard for the American political system. 2) The VOICE of the people, the state delegates representing the people of their respective states, CLEARLY did not agree on amending their platform. I am not saying they should have not amended it, I am saying why didn't they follow the rules? Why did they disregard the delegates present, and force through an amendment (which I agree they should have passed - but fairly) and not listen to those nay-voters.

I'd love to understand this, and especially why the media is largely ignoring the root of all of this.
Administrator

Postby capricorn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Simply a crime. Here is the sound byte for those interested:
http://www.npr.org/2012/09/06/160686513 ... otte?sc=tw
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby blackvault » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:11 pm

-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Amazing to watch.....
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 pm

3 times in a row, they sounded equal to me, but he passed it declaring a 2/3rd majoriety. What part were they voting for or against, Including God, or declaring Jeruselum as capital of Isreal??? It sure wasn't a 2/3rds split by any longshot.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Does anyone find it interesting they denied God THREE times. Sound familiar?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 am

I am just amazed that this is not a bigger issue. Does anyone else agree?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am

Yes I agree. Seems like the Democrats have become more and more liberal, in that they are so far left, the platform is swinging to issues like taking God out of everything, and very liberal social ideas, rather than what they used to be. They used to be very pro workers rights, work conditions, wages, backing union based industries, now its more of giveaway and entitlment programs sliding from middle class issues to low income issues.

I think that the fact checkers have not tallied up all the lies told by Clinton in his speech, and other claims of other speakers, but this little vote seems to have gone over a lot of heads.
greeney2

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 am

Well it's not like the Liberal media is going to bring any attention to this. :lol: They're too busy trying to get their messiah re-elected. He had to get God thrown back into the platform so he can get re-elected, much to the displeasure of his minions. :twisted:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby thunder » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

another denied god 3 times, that didnt work well for him eather, now is the time for all of us to worry!
thunder

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts