The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Do Atheists Brainwash their children?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby boastonline » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:26 am

qmark wrote:This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Whats is so funny is that using your logic you have proven the existence of Casper the friendly Ghost. What is so sad is that for almost everything else you probably do use good logic. Otherwise you would have gotten run over because God told you to walk in front of a moving car. You choose to make an exception in the case of a supreme being.
boastonline

Postby boastonline » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 am

With all due respect to you Grandmother, nobody in the Catholic Church ever told anyone, the left and right side of the church would have been for some racial reasons. Maybe it had to do with how an older hispanic culture recieved Communion? Placing on the tounge not in the hands.

Obviously one side or both did not want to associate with the other. (there was also a Mexican Baptist Church and an Anglo Baptist Church in my hometown) It had been happening for years until years later a new priest saw the situation and thretened to ex-communicate the entire church if they didn't mix. And so they did. Don't get me wrong, I highly respect the institutions that were built by mostly Anglican Ideals that we have today. (Government, Schools, Law etc.) But segregation was not a pretty thing. (self induced or not)
boastonline

Postby greeney2 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:40 am

No offence Boston, but I am not buying your story about the Catholic church left and right side, no Priest of Nun ever taught that to anyone. If ethnic groups sat togather, that was their choice. Baptist Churches do not have Priests, they have ministers. If there were 2 diffent churches in different ethnic neighborhoods, it would be becasue the neighorhoods were predominatly one ethnic group. Neighborhoods are not always very deversafied, they usually have neighborhoods that are one ethnic group or another, or at least used to, especially in the East. That has nothing to do with any church doing. My wife lived in a predominantly Italian neighborhood, other ethnic people had their neighborhoods, etc. etc. Its the people who are making that split, not the churches, and your Grandmother sat on a side where her own people were since ethnic groups didn't mix in those day. Things are much different now, and much more deversafied, pretty much everywhere from churches to schools, and the workplaces.

Since this subject was about brainwashing, how would you characterize that kind of brainwashing, where as a child you were taught to only be with your own ethnic people? The Catholic Church certainly did not teach you that.
greeney2

Postby qmark » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:37 pm

boastonline wrote:
qmark wrote:This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Whats is so funny is that using your logic you have proven the existence of Casper the friendly Ghost. What is so sad is that for almost everything else you probably do use good logic. Otherwise you would have gotten run over because God told you to walk in front of a moving car. You choose to make an exception in the case of a supreme being.

My logic is simple. Only with extreme arrogance can one claim with absolute certainty that "God is a myth". The fact of the matter is, YOU have no evidence that God exists. That is not proof of the non-existance of God. So . . . yes . . . I find that funny and sad at the same time. I'm pretty sure you can figure out why for both of them.
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Lack of faith is not proof that God does not exist, no.

So?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby boastonline » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 am

Actually the correct situation is that I've never even met someone who expressed Atheism. But you hear the proponents of a Supreme Being all the time. My mother is the only one that knows about my beliefs and she is shocked and treats it like Blasphemy from me (How dare you speak like that) . So if there is any indoctrination (Brainwashing) by Atheist, it is warranted. We are the ones who escaped the societal brainwashing. And as a parent, you will indoctrinate (brainwash) your children about with your beliefs.

Sorry about the misdirection in the thread. I guess I was trying to show what kind of spiritual life I had that resulted in my belief. God is a myth (all gods) And his followers are Make-Believers.

I will start another thread about the segration in the churches that I experienced, in the Religion section.
boastonline

Postby boastonline » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:03 am

My logic is simple. Only with extreme arrogance can one claim with absolute certainty that "God is a myth". The fact of the matter is, YOU have no evidence that God exists. That is not proof of the non-existance of God. So . . . yes . . . I find that funny and sad at the same time. I'm pretty sure you can figure out why for both of them.

Thereis a slight chance that Casper does exist, that you/I will be struck by lightning, that you/I will win the lottery, that the world will end soon. I prepare for none of these. Would you?

And if there were no Dinosaur remnants in the rocks, I would doubt their existence.

It has been said many times that the Bible is a collection of myths and legends. And at the very least a collection of over-translated writings by some scientifically illiterate people. Had scientific logic been allowed and excepted at an early age, this illogical conclusion would not have been as engrained. Instead societal and government Blasphemy laws were prevalent. Many were threatened or killed for expressing disbelief. And even now, we are surrounded by believers some who are ready to punish you for your beliefs by affecting your ability to get/keep a job.
boastonline

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:55 am

event_horizon wrote:This is the dumbest topic I've ever seen.

What the hell are we going to "brainwash" them with? Science, facts, and logic?

:lol:

Yes..!!

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 am

boastonline wrote:
But segregation was not a pretty thing. (self induced or not)

Sorry Boastonline,

But Segregation and its placebo pill ...racism has been used/misused by logic and reason to promote today ...social shakedown and guilt political education...grooming/brainwashing in order to let some groups play through by default and on the public purse...for votes.

It is obvious to some who can still think for themselves..that very devout segregation/racism religion has spawned by logic and reason...devout religious controls over other peoples behaviors by guilt conditioning ...and at the same time access to the public purse. You cannot get rid of racism....when you are dependent on it to sustain ones political base. You must privily promote it and hope the public does not catch on. But some of us are catching on.
Same thing with other issues.

In short ..by brainwashing ..someone has conditioned a whole group of people to silence..or censorship...by guilt conditioning.

This too has become a very powerful tool for another devout religion called Politics.

Segregation is still going on ..but it is concealed and hidden by logic and reason...and it is also carefully cultivated for this very purpose....to divide a people and nation.

A independent self taught person can reason this out for themselves. A publicly educated person would have difficulty in it. Yet it is right out there in front of us if one wants to see.

To see it for yourself ...you have to break out of public education conditioning/brainwashing. And also...science is helping with this kind of ignorance/brainwashing for political reasons.They are even teaching and promoting the sustenance of this kind of thinking in public schools. Promoting one kind of racism/segregation for another.
Segregation and racism has become necessary for politics..by logic and reason. They are dependent on it as an investment.

And much of todays political/social dogma is working off of "divide and conquer" which is why segregation and racism have become a more dominant political theme while they falsely claim they are against this template.
This is what happens among ungodly men by logic and reason...by intellect..by science.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby event_horizon » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:43 am

orangetom1999 wrote:
event_horizon wrote:This is the dumbest topic I've ever seen.

What the hell are we going to "brainwash" them with? Science, facts, and logic?

:lol:

Yes..!!

Orangetom

Can you possibly point out anywhere in these forums where any of your "brethren" (excluding the senile greeney2, of course) has actually agreed with you about anything?

You're batshit crazy. Somebody needs to track down your IP and have you institutionalized. For real.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts