The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Labor Day Telethon for MDA

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 am

Was thinking over the weekend on Monday where was the Muscular Dystrophy telethon? Every year its usually on, used to be a entire weekend, reduced and reduced more each year. Last years were embroiled with Jerry Lewis being axed, first year without Jerry, and last year the telethon was shorter, and the theme of "Jerry's Kids" had to be dropped all year. No more "Give to Jerry's kids" change boxes at counters.

This year I didn't even see it, and herd nothing in the news of how much $$$ was raised, which always broke records and topped $60 million last times. I just read the telethon was on TV, but it was reduced to 3 hours on Sunday night from 8-11pm, a few big names sang songs, but it appears to have completly fizzled out.

I think the MDA really shot itself in the foot, with the way Jerry Lewis was dismissed, like him or not, and Jerry has had some pretty bad moments, but the way they did it was wrong. I'm sure we do not know the behind the scenes story of how it all occured, but it seems like they sould have had a better way to pass the torch, and still retain Jerry as a part of it somehow.
greeney2

Postby En-Lugal » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:00 am

Yeah I'd forgotten about all that. It' easy to overlook it when you've got hundreds of channels to choose from but we've been back on the old antennae for months. Weird that it wasn't on television but I'm getting used to things going away. All of my heroes are dieing, favorite actors, musicians and comedians too. The few still alive are off the radar, probably won't hear anything else about them until they die. :cry:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts