The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Clint Eastwood at the RNC

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:01 am

Happy Friday, everyone! So, I have to comment - for whomever cares out there in cyberspace. Last night, I watched the RNC speeches, and was eager to see Clint Eastwood. I will admit, in the opening minutes, I thought.. "uh oh... what is he doing?" Then... it hit me. In my BRIEF state of doubt, I realized, I was watching genius. The man is 82 years old. He ad-libbed that speech, and said everything that needed to be said. I've been blessed to do a lot of public speaking in my life, and have spoken to thousands of people across the U.S., and what Clint did last night is no easy task - especially to 30+ million watching. Regardless of the side of the aisle you sit on - think about the guts it took for him to go against 99% of the rest of Hollywood (HIS career and life), and not only attend the RNC, but he be instrumental in setting up the nominee.

There are like 8 of us in Hollywood that sit on the RIGHT side of the aisle (Ok, that was said in kind, don't crucify me...). Clint, Jon Voight, Gary Senise, Duane T. (my buddy ol' pal who I won't fully out without his permission), myself.... and ummmm that's like it.

Ok... my point. I wake up this morning, to see multiple media outlets mocking Clint Eastwood, and attacking him personally citing his age, his delivery, and his message. In one breath the left (and left media) say republicans want to push senior citizens off cliffs, and yet, in the next breath they mock an 82 year old man delivering a speech about his beliefs calling him an "embarrassment." He used comedy and sarcasm to delivery his message - a sign of genius in a sometimes stuffy, politically "safe" atmosphere filled with polished speakers and hard-set beliefs. Clint Eastwood - THANK YOU. You proved last night how strong TRUE American's can be in the face of ridicule and mockery. I know you saw it coming, and you went full force forward talking to an empty chair in front of millions. That was an absolute brilliant metaphor for our current President who will soon be leaving office.

To the media: relax. You'll have your lefty time in the spotlight next week. And we all know you're going to use mockery, jokes, comedy, and name-calling, let alone the blame game, while you have your turn.

Rant Over.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:36 am

Did anyone else get the impression last night that the Romney / Ryan ticket really is a DIFFERENT, NEW, and ESSENTIAL direction our nation needs to go? I mean, take politics out of it. Take your beliefs out of it. Just think about the peopl
e and their background. You have Obama, a lawyer who hasn't done much of anything these past 3 1/2 years, and Biden... a... well, fill in the blank. Then you have Romney, a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS man (who takes bad situations and makes them better - uhhh - kind of a good formula for us as a nation, right?) and Ryan, a young, energetic republican with new ideas and passion for helping lead our country (rather then making sticking a foot in his mouth a habit).

Let me see... failed policies and ideals - old and stuffy... or young and new, with proven success? Is it really that hard?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:05 am

Clint is taking a lot of flack on the intenet over his speech, which I did watch, and I also watched very close the entire speesch again to digest it. I completly agree it was a stoke of genius and those who do not see that, only seek to discredit how powerful the messages were. Clint is 82, and this is Clints usual style of talking, and at 82 has earned the right to ramble a little. Was his rambling style, only the act of pretending to be having a sit down converstation with the President, like a normal everyday person, who hit him right between the eyes with the truth?

The story rambled about when we elected him, candles, all the crying, Oprah crying, Clint said even he cried, and than zinged it with having not cried that hard since he learned 23 Milion people are out of work. GENIUS!

All the act of "I can't tell Romney that" He was demonstrating how condesending the White House is to everyday folks, and how the treat us all like we are stupid. GENIUS!

The comments about polititions being our employees, and we all own this country. GENIUS!

Only the Democrats are putting down Clint, and the White House right away issued a statement putting him down, and making some wisecrack about referring him to Salvador Doly. Ever watch a boxing match where a guy get clobbered? When ever he shakes his head to blow it off, he is hurt bad and covering up. Thats what Obama just did with Clint.

Obama likes to flaunt Oprah friendship around, mainly becasue she is a self made billionaire. Ol Clint is a self made man too, and I'm betting isn't too far off the financial chart from Oprah.

Romney and Ryan I think are pretty energized, and Ryan as I can see it, is part of that catalyst. No, Romney is not the most eleqant speaker, but lets not forget something very important. Obama was built up for the 2008 election, by the speech he made at the 2004 Convention, when Ted Kennedy began giving his blessings to him, and he was built up as the next Democrat during Bushs second term.. All from being the key note speaker at that 2004 Democratic Convention-----and look how that turned out. This administration is a disaster, he look good, is likeable, but his ideas failed totally. But his is a powerful speaker!

Obama was unable to talk without a teleprompter---Clint adlibs his total speech, rambling or not, he spoke the truth from his heart. Clint is an American Icon, and who was first to insult him publically? None other than Obama and the White House staff.
greeney2

Postby boastonline » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:41 pm

I preferred his ad about the Auto Industry and any of his movies. I am a fan of his Republican or not.
boastonline

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:40 pm

I didn't watch but man he sure seemed to tick off the Liberals. :lol: Sound like you saw the same comments I saw. :P
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:43 am

I like Clint Eastwood's movies too..but they are just movies.

I have great difficulty with Washington DC using or misusing Hollywood for such propaganda and vote grabbing purposes. Mostly this has been the bailiwick of the left for various causes including and especially charity and environmentalism.

I did not at first see the Video of this speech but mostly , because of my busy schedule, heard short clips on the radio. Just a few minutes ago I finally managed to see the whole thing and it was funny but at the same time with a undertone of seriousness. I greatly appreciate Clint's version or explanation of conservative types in Hollywood playing their cards close to the vest. I can appreciate and respect such in an individual..not just Hollywood but anyone.

The skit of talking to an empty chair was very appropriate for both the President and Vice President currently in office.

However ..this is still an election campaign and I don't put much more stock in the Republicans than I do the Democrats to carry out any of their promises. I am a realist in this. I've watched enough elections and the aftermaths of both parties to take my own measure of this.

Nonetheless I enjoyed Clint Eastwood's dry humor very much as well as his straight talk.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts