The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The God Delusion (or lack thereof)

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm glad someone else here can admit to seeing the same kind of discrimination abuse claim in our work places, and every part of our society. It boils down to both a liberal way of thinking that seems to never cease, finding the grey area in everything, to lawyers who sue over being stupid enough, to spill hot coffee in you lap, and jurys awarding millions for it. Deep pockets lawsuits result in huge settlements becasue jurys are laymen when it comes to deciding the law. Its called legal blackmail! They gave assinine awards for nothing in trials, so they settle. At1 questions my "attitude", like something is wrong with me thinking the imagined persecution of gays is not just a great act, after I've watched 30 years of great acts, over bullshit discrimination claims.

Like I said before, prior Supreme Court Rulings said there was no discrimination, and the most recient overturn of prop 8, only 1 Judge in the middle tilted the verdict, leaving nearly half ruling again there was no discrimination.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 pm

greeney2 wrote:How about if I tell you I herd the same voice, "Tell At1 to detonate the sun today, he should leave ASAP". :roll:

You are not making any case at all about delusions, and believing in God.

Poor dodging. Very obvious.

I never said belief in God is always delusional; so your second statement is redundantly true.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 pm

En-Lugal wrote:I do take issue when someone claims their deity told them kill, mutilate and hump their coworkers corpse every Thursday at 11:30 A.M. while facing East and humming mary had a little lamb.

I do take issue with that as well. That alone (me taking issue with it) isn't enough to qualify as delusional. But it sure seems like a delusional belief...
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:40 pm

greeney2 wrote:I'm glad someone else here can admit to seeing the same kind of discrimination abuse claim in our work places, and every part of our society. It boils down to both a liberal way of thinking that seems to never cease, finding the grey area in everything, to lawyers who sue over being stupid enough, to spill hot coffee in you lap, and jurys awarding millions for it. Deep pockets lawsuits result in huge settlements becasue jurys are laymen when it comes to deciding the law. Its called legal blackmail! They gave assinine awards for nothing in trials, so they settle. At1 questions my "attitude", like something is wrong with me thinking the imagined persecution of gays is not just a great act, after I've watched 30 years of great acts, over bullshit discrimination claims.

Like I said before, prior Supreme Court Rulings said there was no discrimination, and the most recient overturn of prop 8, only 1 Judge in the middle tilted the verdict, leaving nearly half ruling again there was no discrimination.

Quit trolling this thread NOW.

It is about whether or not delusion, in fact exists, and whether belief in God is delusion and/or certain beliefs about God are delusions. More importantly, how to tell the difference. Self-deception and all that.

:mrgreen:
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:05 pm

at1with0 wrote:
greeney2 wrote:I'm glad someone else here can admit to seeing the same kind of discrimination abuse claim in our work places, and every part of our society. It boils down to both a liberal way of thinking that seems to never cease, finding the grey area in everything, to lawyers who sue over being stupid enough, to spill hot coffee in you lap, and jurys awarding millions for it. Deep pockets lawsuits result in huge settlements becasue jurys are laymen when it comes to deciding the law. Its called legal blackmail! They gave assinine awards for nothing in trials, so they settle. At1 questions my "attitude", like something is wrong with me thinking the imagined persecution of gays is not just a great act, after I've watched 30 years of great acts, over bullshit discrimination claims.

Quit trolling this thread NOW.

It is about whether or not delusion, in fact exists, and whether belief in God is delusion and/or certain beliefs about God are delusions. More importantly, how to tell the difference. Self-deception and all that.

:mrgreen:

I gave you several answers and they were not trolling, you justs don't comprehend them becasue you are on a one track mind concerning delusion, which only shows you may not understand delusion. Your examples are easy to answer, if they are rational or not to believe.
detonating the Sun would not be rational, Loving they neighbor is rational. Your assessement of me and my "Attitude", shows your delusion that if you do not buy into one way of thinking, something is defective about a person. On 2 occasions at least Half the Supreme Court justices ruled according to the way 51% of the voters think, the issue is virtually split down the center. Do you think 1/2 of this state and the Supreme Court is delusional?

You still since the beginning of this fail to give a resonse to why half the Surpreme Court Justices did not rule their was any such discrimination.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:31 pm

greeney2 wrote:I gave you several answers and they were not trolling, you justs don't comprehend them becasue you are on a one track mind concerning delusion, which only shows you may not understand delusion. Your examples are easy to answer, if they are rational or not to believe.

You went off on a tangent not related to delusion or God. I don't care like some people, hence the :mrgreen: at the end of that post.

detonating the Sun would not be rational, Loving they neighbor is rational.

Of course they're easy. I'm just getting warmed up. Does believing that prayer helped someone through surgery constitute delusion? Does believing a loving God would commit genocide (whether by flood or by detonating the sun) constitute a delusion? Does believing that Jesus is somehow needed in the grand scheme of things in order for God to forgive your sins constitute a delusion? How about believing Jesus walked on water or raised the dead? Are those delusions? How about believing a Priest can turn wine into the blood of Christ? Is that delusion?

How about believing in the negations of the above statements. Are any of those delusions?

I never said I agreed with the link; I did not include it to support this or that position. I am attempting to flesh out a better definition of delusion. Perhaps it is belief in something knowably false but then one wonders what knowable means exactly.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:57 pm

God only knows what you are trying to figure out! If you herd a voice about detonating something to cleanse the world, i'm just glad you herd sun, and not son! :lol: Next time the voice comes, as for an email to clarify it instead! :lol:
greeney2

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts