The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

World Politics

‘America In Decline’: Mitt Romney Gets Grim Warning

This section is designed for foreign politics, outside the United States. The Black Vault serves many different countries, and this forum will hold threads regarding world politics, events, etc.

Postby rath » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:11 am

Monday, 24 Jul 2012

The Australian foreign minister has privately warned Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney that foreign leaders see "America in decline."

That's according to Romney, who says he met with Foreign Minister Bob Carr in a San Francisco hotel Sunday evening shortly before a Republican fundraiser.

Romney says Carr suggested that America could improve that international perception "with one budget deal" that helps balance the budget.

A Romney spokesman says the foreign minister requested the private meeting. The campaign would not say whether the two discussed foreign policy.

Romney is scheduled to launch his first trip abroad as his party's presumptive presidential nominee later this week. He's set to meet with leaders in England, Israel and Poland.
rath

Postby rath » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:19 am

Robert Kagan, an adviser to GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, speaks to "CBS This Morning" co-host Charlie Rose about his article, "The Myth of American Decline," its influence on President Obama, and the shift of power and politics around the globe.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7399547n

http://www.politicususa.com/romney-schooled-american-ally-score-political-points.html
rath

Postby En-Lugal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Mitt Romney can go to hell, hades, ragnorak and any other supposed bad place. Same goes for the GOP and The Republican Party, period. Personally, I'm done with them and will never vote for another Republican candidate again. The way they treated the delegate process and Ron Paul at the RNC, which is basically the same dirty tactics they used all across the country in the primaries, was such an obvious taunt and show of disrespect for the man and the movement as a whole.

People can say what they want about the "Paulite's", which is probably the nicest way I've heard them described, but they played by "the rules". The current party changes the rules to their liking when the going gets tough because frankly they didn't even seem to know or understand the rules or the process at all. Apparently they were so used to making it up as they went, they never bothered to actually learn how the process worked. :lol:

I don't trust Mitt Romney and I damn sure don't trust the party. I mean, their whole platform is "don't let Obama win!". That's it, they can't even muster up a compelling argument to vote for the guy because they're about as energetic and enthused about their guy as a box of rocks. Speaking of a box of rocks, in my opinion it would have more charisma than Mitt Romney or his wife. I'm sure it was rough for her raising five boys all alone with a full staff of nannies and caregivers.

Please, don't these people realize how condescending they come off trying to relate with the common people? This is the future of my party? I hope they enjoy their little victory against the Libertarians because I'm sure it is going to cost them the White House.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Return to World Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts