The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Gap Creationism

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby khanster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:10 am

http://gapcreationism.com/

Genesis 1:1 Is the original creation from nothingness by the power of God. This is supported by geological science and it is scriptural. Genesis 1:2 is a vast destruction of earth, that was the result of the flood of Lucifer. Lucifer's sin was rebellion with pre-Adam man against God. There is a vast undetermined amount of years between verses 1 and 2. Genesis 1:3 onward is the restoration and creation of the destroyed earth which is seen in Genesis 1:2, which was done in six literal 24 hour days.

http://creationwiki.org/Gap_theory_creationism

Gap Theory Creationism, also known as the Ruin-Reconstruction interpretation of Genesis, is a belief system which holds that there is a "gap" of time inferred from the Bible during which the Earth became "ruined", and was then "reconstructed" during the six days of creation described in Genesis. The gap theory claims that God pronounced a cataclysmic judgment upon the earth during this period (Gap) as the result of the fall of Lucifer (Satan) and that the verses following Genesis Chapter 1:2 describe a re-creation or reforming of the earth from a chaotic state; this re-creation, then, is not the first creative work of God.

The gap theory allows for both the geologic evidence of an old earth and the literal wording of the Holy Bible. It does not need to appeal to evolution, parable, symbolism, or allegory, nor does it deny accepted scientific data. Therefore, proponents believe it deserves full consideration.

[...]

Where Moses left off in presenting the revelation he recorded the 80 days he spent with the LORD, Jeremiah expounded on the judgment that existed before Adam in greater detail.

"I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger." - Jeremiah 4:23-26

Proponents of the Gap teaching point out that the men that 'could not be found' & the cities that were destroyed were not men from the seed of Adam. In agreement with natural geological studies, the 'men' that rebelled were beings that lived during the Ice Age period. Where science does not have an answer for the spiritual events on planet earth, it inserts it's opinions & hypotheses. However, in their study of the 'men' during the Ice Age, they have found beings with a genetic code unlike ours, yet very human-like.

There was a pre-history between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 where God wiped the slate clean with global catastrophes. Earth became a desolation and waste. All ancient fossils could belong to those pre-histories. Then God created Adamic man, ancestor of all living humans today, and a newer Earth. The fall of Lucifer could have happened during the pre-history. Lucifer might have been messing with the creation and causing abominations through DNA recombination.

The mark of the beast will be a alteration of the genetic code of those who accept it. People who accept the mark of the beast will become the children of Satan in the true biological sense.

Where Christians experience a spiritual rebirth and a death to the carnal nature, the people who accept the mark of the beast will be re-born in the flesh as Satan's genetic offspring and have a dying of the spirit.

Children of the beast...

khanster

Postby qmark » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Maybe, maybe not. The Gap Theory depends on speculation. I don't think it matters much. There are 31,102 verses in the Bible and approximately only 53 verses deal with creation. The remainder of the verses deal with our relationship with God and His son our savior. Why get hung up on something that wasn't a big deal to Him?
qmark

Postby khanster » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:30 am

qmark wrote:Maybe, maybe not. The Gap Theory depends on speculation. I don't think it matters much. There are 31,102 verses in the Bible and approximately only 53 verses deal with creation. The remainder of the verses deal with our relationship with God and His son our savior. Why get hung up on something that wasn't a big deal to Him?

You are correct qmark, my interpretation of gap creationism is a hypothesis that could be wrong, yes.

The six day creation and seventh day rest, could also be prophetic.

There are many prophesies in the Old Testament concerning our Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2012/0 ... e-messiah/

khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Creationists have a gap between their ears.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts