The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

simple question

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby inja » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 pm

qmark wrote:
inja wrote:My simple answer.....there is nothing in existence other than the Source. Personally I no longer call it the Source or God it has become the Absolute.

A more complicated answer would be that behind everyone of our ego's the source slumbers just waiting for us to awaken and connect. When we take the "i" out of the vocabulary and start to more think of ourselves as "I am" things start to change. Body, mind and soul all come and are a manifestation of the Source (which actually would include the ego), they are not 3 separate aspects but 3 that are essentially the same with different functions, one no better than the other.
Life is a game, playing out unawareness into awareness. If you look into hinduism you will find that the universe is set up in a very precise way, with the intentional intent by God or as I say the Absolute that creates veils for us to break through to discover the none separation that has always existed. Those veils are ego (sense of I), time which includes decay and the sense of mortality, desire which keeps you present in an individual identity...and I am pretty sure there are 2 or 3 more.

For me nothing exists other than the Source and for me there can't possibly be 2 Absolute authorities such as God and Satan reigning from above. Seems rather contradictory to me to believe there are two absolute sources. So ultimately what people refer to as evil and good is all from the same source and serves the purpose of God or Source constantly creating until the cycle is complete. Mu job....to discover that I AM.

inja, inja, inja ...................... its good to "see" you. Welcome back.

Although, the above sounds kind of New Age-ish to me. :think:

Hello there my friend :D I drove through Philadelphia a few weeks ago heading home from Cape May. Don't have your number to call you to have a cup of coffee :lol: we could thoroughly discuss what New Age is you know!!!!

What I wrote is only the tip of the iceberg. But let me give you an example of how old this path really is.

Quoted from a book that I am reading at the moment called Narada's Way of Divine Love

In the Chhandogya Upanishads we read, "The Infinite is below, behind, before, to the right, to the left. The Infinite is the Self. The Self (Atman) is below, above, behind, before, to the right, to the left. I am all this. One who knows, meditates upon, and realizes the truth of the Self - such a one delights in the Self, revels in the Self, rejoices in the Self."

While there is disagreement about exactly how old the Upanishads are they are estimated to be possibly 5000 to 7000 years old. So you see this path is way older than any New Age info. Besides new Age tends to forget the meat of the different subjects and they tend to be a bit too fluffy.

Now please understand delighting in the Self, revels in the Self, rejoices in the Self can only truly take place when the ego has vanished. So when you read that passage you cannot think of yourself as who you are at this very moment. It is why I said behind the ego slumbers the awareness of the Creator waiting for us to wake up and become aware of what we really are. But every one of us receives glimpses in life of this. 4 times in my life I have experienced unconditional love just swoop down over me (not by a person) and it took me many years to realize that that unconditional love did not come from an outside source (as I originally presumed) but from the Source that is within me or better put from the Source that all of me is a part of. Now in no way shape or form am I saying I have shed my ego entirely and live in a state of bliss.....because it is not an easy path but I certainly am working on it.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that the "knowing" of what is termed today as "Oneness" is much older than maybe what many people know.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby qmark » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 am

You are always welcome to stop by for a coffee, although I would probably have a soda instead. A friend of mine has a house in the Villas which is ten minutes at the most from Cape May. I usually go there once a year. I absolutely love Cape May, and if you like sea food, the Lobster House is the place to go.

As for the New Age, I have long believed there is nothing "new" about the New Age movement. Indeed, it is a very old belief system which was dressed up and called "New", and made palatable for modern man which has the attention span of about a thirty second commercial. The Bible says there is nothing new under the sun. I believe that to be true outside of technology.

Of course, I'm not one for those types of beliefs, but you know that. I too have had the experience of being enveloped by a pure and perfect love ( not by a person ) which is basically undescribable. However, in my case, I know the source of that was God.

Anyway, again, it's good to see you back.
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:28 am

qmark wrote:However, in my case, I know the source of that was God.

I'm not too skeptical that the source is God. I am skeptical about the attributes of God (e.g. whether or not it is the God of the Bible).
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby inja » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:41 pm

qmark wrote:
As for the New Age, I have long believed there is nothing "new" about the New Age movement. Indeed, it is a very old belief system which was dressed up and called "New", and made palatable for modern man which has the attention span of about a thirty second commercial. The Bible says there is nothing new under the sun. I believe that to be true outside of technology.

Of course, I'm not one for those types of beliefs, but you know that. I too have had the experience of being enveloped by a pure and perfect love ( not by a person ) which is basically undescribable. However, in my case, I know the source of that was God.

Anyway, again, it's good to see you back.

I would agree that there is nothing new under the sun. Even the questions we ask have all been asked before. But I will say that I include technology and what ever else that has not been discovered to already exist as well. All potential is only a thought away of discovery by man.

Of course the source of the love was God....my experiences is no different...we just differ on what that source is ;)

LOL....that is one consistant thing we have had over all these years. Nice to know some things do not change :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts