The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Australia tops Gold Medal Tally ( Again )

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby humphreys » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 am

It's okay to have three nations because they form Great Britain, it's not just a random thing they decided to do. I don't make the rules, if you don't like the fact the Olympics officially allow us to compete as GB instead of England then take it up with the relevant authorities.

However, your comparison to teaming up Australia with China...I don't really get your point. China do well without the Australian's help, and England would do just fine without Scotland and Wales, far better than the Aussies still, and this is indisputable because Yorkshire alone would have come 11th.

And yes, this is the first time we have done better than you guys, but it shows an alarming new trend - like I said, you guys had better have an overhaul of the way you do things else you're going to become the laughing stock of the world.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby rath » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 am

humphreys wrote:It's okay to have three nations because they form Great Britain, it's not just a random thing they decided to do. I don't make the rules, if you don't like the fact the Olympics officially allow us to compete as GB instead of England then take it up with the relevant authorities.

However, your comparison to teaming up Australia with China...I don't really get your point. China do well without the Australian's help, and England would do just fine without Scotland and Wales, far better than the Aussies still, and this is indisputable because Yorkshire alone would have come 11th.

And yes, this is the first time we have done better than you guys, but it shows an alarming new trend - like I said, you guys had better have an overhaul of the way you do things else you're going to become the laughing stock of the world.

I never said there was anything wrong with it.

Im just pointing out, that we let you have that handicap because your so bad at sports.

& even with the handicap of competing as three different nations as one ........ you still can't beat Australia.

At the London 2012 games just gone, you had a second handicap given to you, as you had automatic qualification in every event as the home nation.

humphreys wrote:
rath wrote:Ar ..... your just saying that coz we beat the USA.

I am Team GB, don't really care how the US did.

Did you miss this part:

"If you want to mess with figures like this I believe YORKSHIRE alone got as many gold medals as Australia. Let that sink in mate. YORKSHIRE, is just a single county in England, and they got as many golds as you. Incredible."

You either got hammered by GB altogether, or if you want to diddle with figures you lost to Yorkshire. Either way LOL

humphreys wrote:However, your comparison to teaming up Australia with China...I don't really get your point. China do well without the Australian's help, and England would do just fine without Scotland and Wales, far better than the Aussies still, and this is indisputable because Yorkshire alone would have come 11th.

humphreys wrote:And yes, this is the first time we have done better than you guys, but it shows an alarming new trend

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's so cute, .......... You think your playing with the big boys now.

Once is hardly a trend. :lol:

humphreys wrote:
rath wrote:Ar ..... your just saying that coz we beat the USA.

I am Team GB, don't really care how the US did.

Did you miss this part:

"If you want to mess with figures like this I believe YORKSHIRE alone got as many gold medals as Australia. Let that sink in mate. YORKSHIRE, is just a single county in England, and they got as many golds as you. Incredible."

You either got hammered by GB altogether, or if you want to diddle with figures you lost to Yorkshire. Either way LOL

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

humphreys wrote:However, your comparison to teaming up Australia with China...I don't really get your point. China do well without the Australian's help, and England would do just fine without Scotland and Wales, far better than the Aussies still, and this is indisputable because Yorkshire alone would have come 11th.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

If Australia lost to Yorkshire, how is it Yorkshire medal tally put them in 11th place.

Yet Australia finished in 10th place.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nice fudge of the figures there humphreys.
rath

Postby humphreys » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:01 am

rath wrote:If Australia lost to Yorkshire, how is it Yorkshire medal tally put them in 11th place.

If you read what I said, I wrote "If you want to diddle with figures, you lost to Yorkshire", meaning if you want to make comparisons with the size of the nation compared to medal tally as you did in your OP, then you lost to Yorkshire. Duh.

You actually got level Golds with Yorkshire, which is frankly embarrassing for you.

Australia is a lot bigger than Yorkshire, yes?

You're losing this argument harder than Australia lost pretty much everything at the Olympics :P
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby rath » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:13 pm

humphreys wrote:
rath wrote:If Australia lost to Yorkshire, how is it Yorkshire medal tally put them in 11th place.

If you read what I said, I wrote "If you want to diddle with figures, you lost to Yorkshire", meaning if you want to make comparisons with the size of the nation compared to medal tally as you did in your OP, then you lost to Yorkshire. Duh.

You actually got level Golds with Yorkshire, which is frankly embarrassing for you.

Australia is a lot bigger than Yorkshire, yes?

You're losing this argument harder than Australia lost pretty much everything at the Olympics :P

Hardly ......... :lol:

A. you make a lot of claims. but you fail to back any of them up with any links to newspaper articles & such.

So it's just your word.

Start backing up your claims.

For all we know Yorkshire did not win any medals.

For all i know Scotland wales & the islands that make up the great British team, won all the medals & England was just there Claiming other nations victory as there own ( as they always do )

Show us some hard facts that highlight just how many individual medals England actually won at the Olympics.
( if any )

& Australia lost nothing at the Olympics, we may not have finished in the top five nations at this Olympics, but we still finished in the top ten. ( which is great for a nation as small as Australia )

When was the last time England finished in the top five at the Olympics ((( NEVER ))) :oops:
rath

Postby humphreys » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:16 am

No problem, rath, here is an article listing Yorkshire's medal tally:

"Yorkshire has finished up with seven gold medals, two silver and three bronzes, placing it twelfth in the medal table"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/the-northe ... sfeed=true

Australia also got 7 golds, putting them level in that respect.

Getting medal tallies for England instead of GB is difficult because they don't like to separate the nations, but if we merely add Yorkshire's 7 to Mo Farrah's 2 golds, that's 9 golds for England alone which is enough to eclipse Australia.

I know Ennis got a gold too, so that makes ten.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... -home.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympi ... n-Coe.html

Here's a couple of women rowers for more golds:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/au ... r-stanning

I think that's 12. There are lots more but I'm not going to list them individually nor do I need to because 12 alone is way more than Australia's 7.

Okay, one more:

Anthony Joshua gets gold in boxing, that's now 13:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... mpics.html

Actually, if you go through that full list above, you will see just what a great majority of the golds listed are from England.

Can I rest my case now or do you have any other lame objections? We didn't just beat you, we absolutely pulverized you.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby The_Joker » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 am

rath is talking through his ass again and giving real Aussies a bad name with his statistically doctored medal tally.

Grow up you moron!
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby chiselray » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 am

a bit pissed with Michaal Diamond..well then again he has had a good record at teh olympics through the years...

He killed his way through the preliminaries,till the final ,hsit i stayed awake for that too...mayb he didn't want is that much anymore !
chiselray

Postby rath » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:17 pm

humphreys wrote:Can I rest my case now or do you have any other lame objections? We didn't just beat you, we absolutely pulverized you.

Hardly, you had automatic qualification in every event, you have some 300 million more people than Australia, & you could only win 4 more gold medals than Australia.

I would hardly say you pulverized Australia.

& let us not forget .........

This is the first time since the modern Olympics ( over 100 years ) that great Britain has ever beaten Australia.

& i just love that you are making the most of the fact that this is the first & last time great Britain will ever beat Australia at sport...

by all means you enjoy your moment.

Coz it will never happen again.

But by all means you try your little arse off.

your next shot is the Para-Olympic games, & then we have the commonwealth games as well remember.

Great Britain has not beaten Australia at the commonwealth games since like EVER ( for 80 odd years )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rath

Postby rath » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Aussie Jacqui Freney has saved her best performance at the London Paralympic Games to last

JACQUI Freney saved the best of her London campaign for last, with a remarkable anchoring leg of the medley relay to snare her eighth gold of the Games.

Russia appeared to have the race in the bag after three swimmers, holding a 12m lead in the event that requires the four athletes' classification numbers - that is, S7, S8 etc - to add up to 34 points or less.

Russia's final swimmer, Oxana Guseva, was an S7, the same as Australia's Freney, meaning they were equally-able in terms of ability, yet Freney's heart proved larger.

Freney unbelievably dragged Guseva's seven-second lead back, before outswimming the challenge of American Mallory Weggermann, an S8 and more able-bodied competitor.

Parents poolside to watch Cowdrey gold

The brilliant win marked eight golds from eight events for Freney, who earlier in the Games became Australia's most successful athlete at a single Paralympics after surpassing Siobhan Paton's six wins at Sydney.

A stunned Freney said she had surprised even herself with the last-leg swim and credited the work of her teammates Ellie Cole, Katherine Downie and Annabelle Williams.
rath

Postby rath » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Medal Tally.

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/m ... dal-count/

Great Britain better get a move on.

Again.

Great Britain has automatic qualification in every event at the games.

great Britain has 3 different nations competing as a single combined group under the great Britain banner.

& still they fail to dominate.

LAME ... LAME ... LAME.
rath

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts