The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Chick-fil-A turn out unbelievable

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby humphreys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 am

greeney2 wrote:I think you know exactly what I mean about the kiss in example, and what you should not have to be subjected to, with your children. You would not stand for it from any hetrosexual pair, why should anyone from this group?

Like I said, depends what is meant by "kiss-in". If they're just showing affection I put up with it from heteros all the time. Don't have a problem with it. Snogging and fondling and the like goes too far.

I also agreed that a "kiss-in" would not be my chosen method of protest as it plays into the other sides hands.

greeney2 wrote:Nobody in this line was doing a thing to intimidate gay people, preach against gay lifestyles, they were in line to eat.

This is not even true. They went there to show support for Chick-Fil-A, which by extension shows support for the company president, who used funds to support anti-gay marriage groups. You may not appreciate it, but yes, by simple extension this is clearly a show of support against the gay lifestyle.

Dunno who you think you're kidding. You think it's a coincidence they all showed up on the same day after the whole debacle with the homosexual groups? Please. They were making a political and religious statement, deal with it.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:29 pm

At least we might agree on one thing, I could care less about a little peck of a kiss and show of affection. I think you understood what I ment comparing 2 adolesants with a long passionate display and spectacle. You would feel uncomfortable just with your wife I would think, and would not appreciate your kids being subjected to either.

I never thought it is was a coinisodence, I said I by coinsodence thought to goto Chick-fil-a, the night it happened on. I had herd there was a planned appreciation day, I did't realize it was going on the night we got hungry for chicken. And that it had been over the CEO' s freedom to express himself. I think you are missing the idea that it is not enough that religions are persecuted for believing homosexual acts are a sin, but not only do our laws protect that, we are not allowed to even express an opinion now. Shut up or you will be hurt if you say anything!!! That CEO, is just as equal and you or me, to express his religous beliefs and not have an army of people seeking to cause harm to him over it. If you do not believe that, you would not be enjoying the same right to be an Atheist. You should yell just as loud for all of our rights, but the gays are willing to oppress freedom of religion and speech, which is just as oppressive.
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:38 pm

greeney2 wrote:At least we might agree on one thing, I could care less about a little peck of a kiss and show of affection. I think you understood what I ment comparing 2 adolesants with a long passionate display and spectacle. You would feel uncomfortable just with your wife I would think, and would not appreciate your kids being subjected to either.

Sure, but your assumption was that the "kiss-in" they had planned was going to be long passionate snogging instead of a bit of a kiss or peck.

I wanted to know where you got that assumption.

greeney2 wrote:And that it had been over the CEO' s freedom to express himself.

It wasn't really, obviously. Like I said, had he come out in support of gay marriage, these same people would not be so happy about his freedom of expression then. This is political and religious BS masquerading as a free-speech issue. Nonsense.

greeney2 wrote:I think you are missing the idea that it is not enough that religions are persecuted for believing homosexual acts are a sin, but not only do our laws protect that, we are not allowed to even express an opinion now.

That's the most skewed version of events I've ever seen. LOL.

Who is it not being allowed to marry again, and lacking rights? It's not the Christians, it's the homosexuals.

Once again your bias is showing.

greeney2 wrote:That CEO, is just as equal and you or me, to express his religous beliefs and not have an army of people seeking to cause harm to him over it. If you do not believe that, you would not be enjoying the same right to be an Atheist. You should yell just as loud for all of our rights, but the gays are willing to oppress freedom of religion and speech, which is just as oppressive.

What gays are oppressing now? I believe you are referring to the very small number who caused some damage, which is not right, everyone else is content to boycott the restaurant (their right), and perform harmless protests.

That's freedom of expression too, right? No one's freedom of speech has been barred here, the guy was not arrested, however, he is using Chick-Fil-A money to fund anti-gay groups (one of which has been labelled a hate group), and he is facing the result of exercising his freedom of speech.

Perhaps if you'd just give homosexuals equal rights already they'd stop whining and being so vocal.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:27 am

I assumed nothing, I saw how they did it on the newscoverage Humphreys. Let just say it was designed for shock value.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:03 am

Homosexuals are not special to me. For I know heteros for whom I also dont approve of their lifestyles and don't associate with them as well.

I resent that a individual chose to answer a question asked of them and a whole machine was turned against them for giving their view and opinion. I thought this very immature and coercive...very unprofessional..even of leadership/politicians. This is not leadership of our leaders. It is a cheap shot and against their oath of office.

It was the same years ago with that individual who asked a question of a beauty contestant and then proceeded in similar outrage to turn a whole machine against her to warn the rest of us to tow the line. They themselves ask the question and then don t like the answer and become divisive, vitriolic and insulting to the rest of us. They then turn a machine on the rest of us called a Kiss a thon or whatever they called it to run it down our throats....like immature children....while claiming we are intolerant. A kiss a thon is not the moral ethical high ground here???? Ordinary people can see and know this for themselves.

The public had enough of this that Wednesday and demonstrated so. The people had enough of the "Intolerance" of these groups demanding tolerance of others while giving none themselves. They have discovered that these groups are not "Victims."

For these groups try to put the onus off on others for what they themselves do by example...and do clearly.

People have seen enough of this type of "Wildlife." They are also beginning to make the connection with our leadership to the promotion of such "Wildlife." The MSM as well.

In case some of you missed it. Homosexuals are not that special...for I know heteros whom I also dont approve of their lifestyles and will have little or nothing to do with them as well.

People are more than sexuality..much much more.

Do not limit yourself to this issue...to demonstrate that you believe people are their sexuality....and that there is something wrong with the rest of us for not wanting to jump on this bandwagon...or approve of such.

For this is indeed a First Amendment issue..both in religious beliefs and free speech. For it is clear that the Divisive amongst us will try to separate the issues and then try to handle them with vitriol...and guilt.
They are not separate issues.

This technique does not work with those of us Salty.

Greeny2,

I assumed nothing, I saw how they did it on the newscoverage Humphreys. Let just say it was designed for shock value.

I do hope that people still capable of thinking for themselves..have had enough of this type of "Shock Value." For between the MSM, Leadership, and Public Education...people have had enough of this insulting nonsense.

For once again...this shock value has detiorated to insult value by non virtue of it's being overdone..over and over and over ad naseum. People can be tolerant for a long time..but when it becomes insult ..over and over...it becomes just plain stupid. These groups believe so much in "Entitlement Beliefs" because of perceived "Victimhood" that they dont realize they are biting the public hand whom they expect/demand to support them.

They are not the only group out here with this operational template. There are many others. And our leadership is trying to whore us out to all of them for votes.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:32 pm

I think the overwhelming statement, is that everyone is sick and tired of being told their religous views have to take a back seat, and shamed for a belief. LIke you said Perez HIlton, blindsided a Miss America, Prejean, becasue she expressed her idea, marriage should be between a man and woman, and destroyed her over it. They took a simple belief a young woman believes in traditional marriage, not see her own parents as her example, and that she should deny God in the process. Made out to be a homophobic bigot of some sort, while Perez Hilton only shows what a dispicable human being he really is.

The Chick-fil-a response to the first protest, had lines around them in many states and areas, where the protests were limited, showing thier numbers are not quite as big as they imagine.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:45 pm

greeney2 wrote:I think the overwhelming statement, is that everyone is sick and tired of being told their religous views have to take a back seat, and shamed for a belief.

Equal rights is an affront to the Christian God. Tis a shame.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:56 pm

at1with0 wrote:
greeney2 wrote:I think the overwhelming statement, is that everyone is sick and tired of being told their religous views have to take a back seat, and shamed for a belief.

Equal rights is an affront to the Christian God. Tis a shame.

I think you totally missed it here...at1with0...totally.

People are making the connection with stupid and intolerance here from people who demand the same from others but are not willing to respect the rights of these others to dissent or disagree..and instead label them with vitriol.

This is clearly not equal rights on their part..but coercion, intimidation and intolerance....translate that as...Bullying. And people are waking up to this fingerprint of nonsense. As I am often want to say...it doesn't even make good nonsense...the expectation verses the conduct and behavior of these people.

And remember something else at1with0...people will decide for themselves whether they will choose the path of their God or the god of this world.

For you to confuse deliberately their choice in the manner you do..indexes yourself ..your fingerprint to these people who can think for themselves and see what you are doing.

These people have broken no law and the oath of government states that government shall make no law establishing a religion or prohibiting the free exercise of religion. Government is very very close to crossing this line today...for political purposes...translate that for votes.

Let me see if I can find the Amendment..

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Over and over and over..we see intelligent, educated, sophisticated people trying to overlay what they claim is a "Higher Moral" law across the land and using/misusing this other moral law...as if it is the "New law of the land."

That someone has broken this new moral law..unwritten...unchallanged...unquestioned ...in the news media..among politicians..etc etc etc.

This is exactly what this Administration is trying to do with this new tax charges against the Romney challenger.

I have enough savviness to know that if the tax charges are true ..they would already be arrested. This is trial by press...Phony.
Trial by public opinion...emotions...good guy bad guy...good cop/ bad cop.

This phoniness too is exactly what the Ancient Hebrews did..in trying to overlay another law..another phoniness on top of the Law of Moses as if it was the Law when it was no such thing. And we have the record of this phoniness in the Bible for us to see, know, and examine.

For we too are carrying on in exactly the same manner..and our leadership is leading the Phony charge using exactly the same technique. Another morality..another law..not known or written down in the law books and putting people on trial as if they had broken this new law someone thought up with all it's speculation and character assassination.

The Chick Fil A business follows exactly this same pattern as the Ancient Hebrews in their Sin.

Tax Breaks for the Rich. Show me the law broken here??? This is nothing more than divide and conquer.

For I know enough history to understand that when these phonies get done they will run all of us through the wringer and conquer us by division ..not by unity. They are dividers not uniters.

So too with this issue..it is designed to divide us asunder.

Ahh...Greeny2,

Yes..thank you for rounding out the names concerning the events of which I previously spoke. These names had escaped me at the time of making that post but I recall the events with a bad taste in my mouth for the cheapness/baseness that I knew it was.

I would love to see disgusted Americans do the same with the Main Stream Media..as well as the phony politicians for whom they shill.

While I am at it....I put no confidence in Romney or this fellow he has chosen for a running mate. I think it is just a continuation of the same olde nonsense...it just looks different on the outside. It is designed to do exactly that.

I certainly put no confidence in the current Administration.

Oh..and I agree...their numbers are not as big as they had imagined. It is just that they ...in like manner to politicians ...have the MSM in their pocket and thus making their numbers look bigger than they are....particularly in high population states.

Chick Fil A just happens to be an American business to which many out here like and enjoy their product and service. And independent thinking Americans do not want to see another American business made merchandise of by the cheapness and baseness of Politicians nor by this cause celeb ...to their detriment. They have had enough of this trial by press and phony leadership. The people will decide for themselves...and for once ...they did.

This time... as far as I am concerned ..these phonies have gone a business to far. The MSM and politicians have gone a business to far with them.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby at1with0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Well if my pearls of wisdom aren't appreciated.... :mrgreen:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby humphreys » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:05 am

Can we stop pretending that the rights of the Chick-Fil-a president have been obstructed in some way.

He wasn't arrested, was he? So, he has free-speech, he said what he wanted to say and has faced the ramifications (both positive and negative) for it.

orangetom wrote:This is clearly not equal rights on their part..but coercion, intimidation and intolerance....translate that as...Bullying.

You don't suppose homosexuals occasionally feel intimidated and bullied by Christians too?

orangetom wrote:These people have broken no law and the oath of government states that government shall make no law establishing a religion or prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

How far does prohibiting the free exercise of religion go? If Islam tells believers to kill non-Muslims for instance, should the government try to prohibit that, or not? Seems pretty ridiculous to me that religion should get special treatment in any way. I as an individual, whether straight or homosexual, should not have to have my rights suffer in any way because you decided to adopt an absurd set of beliefs and protect them under the label of "religion".

As an Englishman I am not well versed in US laws and such, but I did think there was supposed to be a separation of church and state, which I took to mean in some respect that the religious beliefs of Christians should not interfere with the rights of its citizens, or influence its laws.

Why should I be negatively affected by what your book tells you is right and wrong, when I neither believe in your religion or the morals of your book? The default position should be equality for all, it seems, and religion is truly standing in the way of that.

In a nutshell, if the best reason for establishing a law is "it says in the Bible XYZ", as appears to be the case regards homosexual marriage, then that law should be revoked immediately as this is clearly religious nonsense interfering with the rights of everyone.
Last edited by humphreys on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts