The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Bible and Homosexuality

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby qmark » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:29 pm

humphreys wrote:If you think your average Christian is not full of a little bit of hatred towards homosexuals I think you are closing your eyes to the truth.

I really don't have anything to add, I think frrosted covered everything perfectly. Certainly better than I would have.

But I will comment on the above. You may be correct when you say "average" Christian, because a lot of so called "average" Christians are not Christian at all. I believe most, if not all, Christians look at homosexuals not with hate, but with a sadness and concern for their spiritual condition. And don't even mention those clowns at Westboro Baptist Church. Anyway, that's the way I see it.
qmark

Postby orangetom1999 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:37 am

It is an interesting thing to me about men...intelligent, reasonable, logical men.

When they get educated ...they have a tendency to attempt to justify themselves by their logic Their reason, their religion.

In order to do this they fold, spindle, and mutilate, and or avoid history all together in order to remove history itself from the discussion.

And I include Believers in this because history is often not their strong suit...and for this I also hold their ministers at fault in addition to the Believers themselves.

What is not discussed in these types of debates or forums is that most of the world in Olde Testament times carried on in rampant runaway sexuality..of all kinds...particularly around their holy days or festivals. They did this in a manner which would make Playboy and others look like kindergarden works.

The Hebrew People were given a template and instruction which were for the purposes of showing that they were not like the nations surrounding them. That they were a peculiar people. They were not to go after strange gods or the practices of these nations. And one of the indexes or fingerprints of these nations was runaway rampant sexuality...of all kinds. They were not to do this conduct.

This is the fingerprint or index missing and not discussed in these types of posts.

This includes hetero as well as homosexual conduct.

The message from the Olde Testament to the New Testament is that the Believer in the God of the Bible is never to define themselves by their sexuality. Never to glorify themselves by their sexuality.
This is not to say that people do not have sex...or sexuality ..but that it is not used or misused to glorify ones self...or to declare ones greatness or acceptability. That is just plain olde dumb.

For what is known by the Word...is that people are so much more than sex and sexuality.

So when we who are of the Word and know this index or fingerprint ...of the world...when we see people debating these points about people declaring themselves by sex and sexuality....we know that there is something very missing from their thinking process.

We also know the name of their god. For they avoid the history and try to steer the conversation to the greatness of men....unto confusion.

Human beings are so much more than sex and sexuality. So why do reasonable, logical intelligent men spend so much time on this subject?? It defies logic and reason itself. That men should become as base animals...hetero and homo both.

And also when you understand the concept that men are so much more than sex and sexuality... and you see your leadership spending time promoting this counterfeit concept and belief system...devoutly/religiously....you also now know the name of their god as well.

Whenever in history ..men attempt to bring glory to themselves..they always go the sexual route. Even educated, enlightened men...particularly them.

You have to be educated into this kind of dumbness...for thinking people left to their own reason and logic are not this naturally dumb. They can think their way through this deliberate confusion.

Neither heteros nor homos..are to define themselves by their sex and sexuality as did the nations surrounding Ancient Israel...and in process of time..Israel herself did exactly as the nations surrounding them did..and they lost the land and God's blessings as a result.

When you realize this ..to it's full extent...you realize that the Homosexual argument and debate is a straw man argument...to keep people from understanding the sexuality point itself. That people homo or hetero both ..are not to define themselves by their sex and sexuality. It is just plain olde dumb..hetero and homo both.
It has no place among thinking people. This is not just a homosexual problem..but a hetero problem as well.

Hence that people are so much more than sex and sexuality. This is why the Hebrews were told not to do as the nations surrounding them did. This applies today in New Testament times as well. We are not to take on the appearance of the world.
And rampant, rabid, runaway sexualty is one of the key indexes of the god of this world.
And when you know and understand this....you can look at your leadership and find them very lacking...in everything.

People are so much more than sex and sexuality. When people must constantly bring up this topic...it tells you much about the limits of their thinking, understanding, and belief system.

For the Believer defines themselves by the God who Lives in them...never by sex and sexality. And the world hates this index or fingerprint of the Believer and would cause any and every type of confusion to disarm the Believer from this Understanding and Knowledge.
From His Wisdom.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:15 pm

How many gay friends do you have, OT?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:08 am

DIss0n80r wrote:How many gay friends do you have, OT?

LOL LOL LOL... Very deep DIss0n80r...very deep.

I dont ask them about their sexuality..it is none of my business.

And I dont approve of people who only define themselves by their sexuality. For they would be telling me clearly how dumb they are. Just like much of our leadership today.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:06 am

Does talking about sex bother you?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby humphreys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:42 am

Here is Bryan Fischer of The American Family Association’s take on the homosaxual debate:

"The American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer has sunk to a new, disturbing low with his anti-gay statements. In two separate tweets last night, he called for an “Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/08/0 ... ?mobile=nc

Oh dear oh dear, Christians, let's hope you consider this guy as sick and crazy as I do? :eh:
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:32 am

DIss0n80r wrote:Does talking about sex bother you?

Oh no DIss0n80r.

What bothers me is people ...who only have sex and sexual orientation by which to define themselves...hetero and homo both ..and then want respectability and recognition ...even acceptability with only this one tool in their tool box by which to identify themselves.

And then you have people,, even leaders looking for votes, who promote other people who only have this one tool or skill set in their tool box...and then try to label those who know the difference as intolerant and haters.

The recent business at Chick Fil A cleared up alot of this about tolerance and hate to those who can think for themselves.

It also cleared up much about the character and caliber of leadership.

Once again DIss0n80r, People are so much more than sex and sexuality.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 am

So you won't mind if I send you a sexy PM? We can talk sexy to each other, yes?
DIss0n80r

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 am

DIss0n80r wrote:So you won't mind if I send you a sexy PM? We can talk sexy to each other, yes?

Zooooooooommmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Not very intelligent nor evolutionary...not the upward reach of mankind DIss0n80r.

But I understood that this is where you were going when you began this tack.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby humphreys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 am

I too would like some sexy talk with orangetom.

Mmmm yes, pompous, self-obsessed, narcissistic old guys with a public education obsession really get me going. I'm only human :drool:
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts