The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Chick-fil-A turn out unbelievable

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am

We had no idea this was the Chick-fil-A appreciation day, and by chance decided for a change to go to Chick-fil-A about 6:30 last night. Got near it and traffic was very heavy to our suprize, wondering why. As we turned into the lot from a side street, we could not believe it. A line of people at least several hundred people long out the door, winding all over the parking lot to an ajoining parking lot for at least 300 feet. This was 1 1/2 hours before sundown, and our local news covered it, after sundown still with that long of a line. Totally surprized at what we saw, we realized we stumbled onto the appreciation day. Quite a statement, and all I could think of was how same sex marriage people brand all these people as just homophobic bigots.

Chick-fil-A plucks one-day record from gay marriage blowup
Reuters – 1 hr 30 mins agoShare0EmailPrint(Reuters) - Adding a bit of controversy to the menu doesn't seem to have hurt Chick-fil-A.

The chain restaurant had a "record-setting day" on Wednesday, according to a spokesman, as customers descended on its roughly 1,600 locations across the United States in support of its president's contentious stance against gay marriage.

The one-day blowout came after Republican ex-Presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum called for supporters to send a message about "traditional values" by eating at the chain, known for its chicken sandwiches and waffle fries and for being closed on Sundays.

Lately, the chain has been making news because of comments from company president Dan Cathy that he supports "the biblical definition of the family unit" and that backers of gay marriage were "arrogant".

"While we don't release exact sales numbers, we can confirm reports that it was a record-setting day," executive vice president of marketing Steve Robinson said in a statement on Thursday.

He added, "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day was not a company promotion; it was initiated by others."

Gay marriage supporters have pushed for a boycott of the chain and are seeking to block new Chick-fil-A outlets from opening. The mayors of Chicago and Boston have spoken out against the company, and same-sex couples around the country plan a kiss-in at Chick-fil-A restaurants on Friday.

Chick-fil-A said it was unconcerned.

"We understand from news reports that Friday may present yet another opportunity for us to serve with genuine hospitality, superior service and great food," Robinson said.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:07 pm

I am in the transportation industry and, as expected, my company got several calls last week with emergency shipments of frozen food to the Chick-Fil-A restaurants in the region.

My heart was warmed by the turnout. And not because of the gay marriage issue. My heart was warmed that people would take so many hours (the lines were hours long) out of their busy day to show support for freedom of speech and expression.

Those nasty progressive Liberals better be careful what they wish for. How would they feel if a Conservative Governor were to black-ball select companies from his city because they expressed this or that opinion. They would be outraged and the front page of every newspaper would call for that governor's head on a stick.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Meanwhile I guess the "Kiss In" was a non-event. Haven't heard a thing about it.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby humphreys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 am

I have never seen so many Christians turn out like this at a feed-the-homeless shelter. I guess this is more important.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby boastonline » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 am

humphreys wrote:I have never seen so many Christians turn out like this at a feed-the-homeless shelter. I guess this is more important.

And in General " That's why the rich get richer".
boastonline

Postby humphreys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:03 am

frrosted wrote:My heart was warmed by the turnout. And not because of the gay marriage issue. My heart was warmed that people would take so many hours (the lines were hours long) out of their busy day to show support for freedom of speech and expression.

So your take on this is that this is about free speech?

So if, for instance, the Chick-Fil-A president came out in support of gay marriage and was criticized for it, you and these same people would be flooding Chick-Fil-A with the same messages of support?

We need to get real here, whatever side you take, this is clearly a religiously fueled argument about homosexuality and has nothing to do with free-speech. Anyone thinking otherwise is dreaming, I think.

What you really meant to say is "My heart was warmed that Christians would take so many hours (the lines were hours long) out of their busy day to show support for Chick-Fil-A's stance against homosexuality as promoted by the mainstream interpretation of the Bible."

Sorry, just the truth. Like I said, if only so many people could be convinced to gather in numbers to do real good in the world (like help those truly in need), instead of rallying support for a rich company who does not need the support. Maybe if they would all go buy sandwiches to give to the poor, it would not have been such a sad illustration of current times.

I doubt Jesus would have been impressed by the turnout.
Last edited by humphreys on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby humphreys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 am

frrostedman wrote:Meanwhile I guess the "Kiss In" was a non-event. Haven't heard a thing about it.

I take it you support the "Kiss-in" for demonstrating freedom of expression? Would you have been happy if it was a huge event?

No, because this is not about freedom of speech or expression, it is about freedom of oppression, and your satisfaction over the "non-event" makes that pretty clear, to me.

I don't blame you for it, you are a Christian, and the mainstream interpretation is that homosexuality is wrong, so you and others are going to take that side, but I think we should not fool ourselves on what this is really about.

For the record, I support gay-marriage, and I also support free-speech and I do not agree with the reaction of those who have barred Chick-Fil-A from building in their city and so on. I just really wish this was about free-speech and not religion.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:34 am

Yeah Right! just like I wish a word you write is about logical superior thinking, and not religious bigotry you think you are hiding. You are someone who will argue until the cows come home, how bad religions are, even if it is a lie doing it. Like the ridiculous statement, "Where are all the Christians when it comes to feeding the homeless" wisecrack, is totally false. We have covered that ground already in the religion forum, who are the real charitable givers worldwide.

I think it is you who does not reviel his true motives in any opportunity to cheapshot and trounce Christians, if you want to get real. like you know why all of them were in line, or that they are even all Christians either. It might surpize you that it was not only Christians who voted same sex marriage down. Even if it was all Christians, they are not allowed to support Chick-fil-A, but the liberals, you condone a protest that only hurts good workers with a job? I did not see a single person in line, making a public spectical of themself, all they did was order dinner and eat, in a place that is run by someone who provides a good work enviorment with benifits. Another reason many supported this place. On the protesters side they taunted patrons, stuck their signs in their face in the parking lots, intemidated people to not go inside.

Maybe you are confusing Conseratives and liberals locking horns on issues, instead of this being a religious affront by the liberals. In turn your liberal protesters took it a step further the next day, defacing one of the Chick-Fil-A's with a hate filled message, which should be prosocuted as such. Is that an issue of free speach you think is OK? They have that "Puke in", or "military funeral protest" mentality to them with no sense of decency.

As far as the kiss in goes, its no more than a temper tantrum display by making a public spectical, like the puke ins, again by design to hurt innocent workers and ruin business. Humphreys you have 2 small children, and if 2 normal boy/girl teenagers was sitting next to you lip locking in a spectical in front of your kids, like 2 dogs in heat, no way would you not walk out or demand the manager stop them. You would also not place your kids in harms way, in the middle of a protest that could turn into conflict, and eat while gay rights activists are taunting from the sidelines. So get real yourself, as to which side was throwing gasoline into the fire. Who was trying to harm who?
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 am

Ha ha. greeney in full rant mode, hardly know where to start.

greeney wrote:Maybe you are confusing Conseratives and liberals locking horns on issues, instead of this being a religious affront by the liberals. In turn your liberal protesters took it a step further the next day, defacing one of the Chick-Fil-A's with a hate filled message, which should be prosocuted as such. Is that an issue of free speach you think is OK?

No, I don't think that's okay. I also don't think a few idiots doing bad things changes the message either way, or affects any of the arguments being made. A bit like when the Westboro Baptists turn up to picket a funeral of a soldier telling fags to burn in hell.

Is that okay?

greeney wrote:Humphreys you have 2 small children, and if 2 normal boy/girl teenagers was sitting next to you lip locking in a spectical in front of your kids, like 2 dogs in heat, no way would you not walk out or demand the manager stop them.

What makes you think "kiss-in" means "lip locking in a spectical in front of your kids, like 2 dogs in heat"?

Your bias is showing. When you're foaming at the mouth like this about "the gays" it really tends to detract from the point you're trying to make.

For the record, not the best way to get the point across from the gay-marriage side. A terrible example of modern America all round, if you ask me, fat gluttonous so called-Christians supporting oppression of homosexuals and trying to please Jesus with a mass fast food eat-in, and homosexuals trying to make their point by shoving their sexuality in other's faces - poor all round. Everyone loses.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 am

If you ever had paid attention to anything I've written, you would know what I've said about the Westboro idiots, and how dispicable I thought is was the US Supreme Court had to rule in their favor. It comes under the heading of common decency, when Freedom ignores all its boundries.

I think you know exactly what I mean about the kiss in example, and what you should not have to be subjected to, with your children. You would not stand for it from any hetrosexual pair, why should anyone from this group?

humphreys wrote:For the record, not the best way to get the point across from the gay-marriage side. A terrible example of modern America all round, if you ask me, fat gluttonous so called-Christians supporting oppression of homosexuals and trying to please Jesus with a mass fast food eat-in, and homosexuals trying to make their point by shoving their sexuality in other's faces - poor all round. Everyone loses.

Nobody is oppressed in any way shape or form, certainly not gays, that premise is idiotic. And that this is a Christian hate the homosexual affront is ludicras. Nobody in this line was doing a thing to intimidate gay people, preach against gay lifestyles, they were in line to eat. They were not sticking protest signs in anyones faces, and yelling at patrons, like the gay rights people were at others on the first day. They were not making a spectical of themselves, nor did they break the law defacing any buildings. In addition to the fact, the company hires and has discrimination policies for gay employees, he provides benifits, no other fast foods places give. The man deserves a medal, even giving everyone Sundays off. Even high end restraunts, do not give a single benifit to servers, not a vacation, insurance, or savings plans. They are like part time help, work and hour, and get paid an hour.
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts