The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Liberal Press Inundated with Right Wing Radio

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby boastonline » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:28 pm

I live in south Texas and cannot stand when I hear Republicans call the Media Liberal. One reason being that I cannot turn on any Radio Talk Show that does not have a Right Winger (Nationalist and Exclusivists) at its helm. Some that I recall are Praeger, Gallager, Limbaugh, Beck, and Hannity. What is your situation? Would a Republican admit that they own the radio waves?
boastonline

Postby leeah » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 am

I would tend to agree with you concerning talk radio being mostly "right". I live near the Chicago metroplex and the republican presence on talk radio is very dominant. The "liberals" have a few low power stations, but the stations have few listeners.

To be honest with you, I pay very little attention to the "game" of left vs. right politics. I look at the left-right paradigm as part of a control mechanism to keep our minds in well defined "boxes". The solutions to our many problems will not be found in voting for either party. The same overall negative agenda moves forward regardless of which party is in place.
leeah

Postby frrostedman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 pm

boastonline wrote:I live in south Texas and cannot stand when I hear Republicans call the Media Liberal. One reason being that I cannot turn on any Radio Talk Show that does not have a Right Winger (Nationalist and Exclusivists) at its helm. Some that I recall are Praeger, Gallager, Limbaugh, Beck, and Hannity. What is your situation? Would a Republican admit that they own the radio waves?

Left Wingers have tried many times to fight back with their own talk radio programs. But they all fail. Conservative talk radio succeeds because the majority of what is being discussed is interesting and the talk show hosts are saying what the majority wants to hear.

Left wing programs usually devolve into pathetic, endless rounds of childish insults hurled at Conservatives. Generally speaking, Conservative talk show hosts deal in facts. They may "spin them" at times, but at least it starts with facts. Liberals on the other hand like to make fun of politicians in kindergarten-style fasion, submitting only slanted opinion.

Hannity bothers me though. He parrots Right Wing talking points on a constant basis. Again, the facts that surface in his programs are what I'm interested in and I'll make my own mind up, but he doesn't convince me of any viewpoints by spewing rhetoric constantly, which he does. I generally avoid his radio and TV programs.

I find Limbaugh to be interesting and at least he talks about different things that haven't been repeated a thousand times over. He has a huge fan base for a reason. People like him, find him interesting, and agree with what he says.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby boastonline » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Thanks for your response, Frrostedman. But, do you agree that Right Wing pundents rule the radio waves in your area or in the nation?
boastonline

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts