The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Indian Jones Series

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby WarAngel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 am

Just saw Kingdom of The Crystal Skull so I thought to make a thread on this.

Each film has some supernatural aspect to it. From the power of God to "interdimensional beings."

The parts in the fourth film are my favorite because they're right out of the ancient astronaut theory. The part about early Peruvians being taught farming has been mentioned as similar to a claim made by the Sumerians. The Crystal Skulls are said to have been made by aliens due to being cut against the grain from single pieces of quartz.

I loved how the Roswell Crash and Area 51 (as Hanger 51) are mentioned. Always good to see some established lore in a sci-fi film or show. Interesting take on the greys with having skeletons of quartz. In an episode of Ancient Aliens they mention quartz as a good data storage method and this could maybe explain a robotic-like acting in the Greys from abduction scenarios.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Funny, every person I've ever talked to hates KotCS due to the alien factor. They're cool with dudes ripping the hearts out of folk and the Ark of the Covenant, but they can't handle some space critters coming down and doing wacky things.

It really doesn't help when Shia Labeouf gives a bad performance and Indy survives a nuke by hiding in a fridge, but still... you're the first person I've come across who actually digs it.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby WarAngel » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:37 am

Wing-Zero wrote:Funny, every person I've ever talked to hates KotCS due to the alien factor. They're cool with dudes ripping the hearts out of folk and the Ark of the Covenant, but they can't handle some space critters coming down and doing wacky things.

I know. They're ok with the Ark melting people's faces and electrifying others simply for having looked at it. And how would they explain a guy living for any amount of time without his heart (along with it bursting into flames?) Or how about the Grail keeping the Knight alive for hundreds of year or him not going insane from isolation?

All this they except, but aliens...no way. :lol:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts