The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

ZIMMERMAN: I feel it was all God’s plan

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:04 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... _blog.html

Folks understandably have zeroed in on Zimmerman’s “God’s plan” remark. But if you read the transcript carefully — and honestly — you’ll see that he was responding to Hannity’s question about whether he thought he would not be alive today if he didn’t have his gun that night. Still, what he said immediately before that stood out as particularly callous.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby qmark » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:40 am

Maybe some hefty jail time was the plan. If he wasn't carrying a gun, he wouldn't have followed the kid, and the kid would be alive today and he wouldn't be in trouble with the law. Maybe he is just reaping what he has sown. Maybe that is the real plan.
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 pm

I'm not sure if Trevor Martin was up to no good in the neighborhood, but he was not running around with a gun, and at best, only looked suspicious, to some self appointed neighborhood watch idiot. Like a rent a cop, with a real cop complex. Trevor had not committed any crime, and all he knows is someone, not a cop, not in uniform, is following him and stalking him, and also carrying a gun.

Kids are taught everyday, and we all hear everyday about people posing as cops, kids to beware of strangers, which is all Zimmerman was to him. Zimmerman was told by the police, not to confront him or go near him on his 911 call. Zimmerman has no business packing a loaded gun, as a volunteer neighborhood watch, and I'm not even sure if he had the blessing of that area to be doing this.

Trevor had not broken into anyplace, didn't have break in tools with him, he was a 14 year old kid, being a 14 year old kid. Zimmerman probably confronted him too close and scared the crap out of him, and kids are told not to trust any stranger. To this kid, Zimmerman was a nobody packing a gun, he was not a cop, and acting like he had some authority over him. All the kid knew is this guy was armed, and stalking him, and could have thought he was in the process of being abducted by some nut, telling him he was a cop. If it was your 14 year old, you would be telling do what ever it takes to get away from this lunitic. I'm not sure I beleive for one second the boy was trying to get his gun, he may have felt Zimmerman pulling it out, now he knows he is in a fight for his life, and trying to get it away from him. Zimmermann is just too willing to talk the night of the event, the next day, and now on national TV, and give his violin speach to the kids family.

Zimmerman is a fool IMHO everytime he talks and speaks to anyone on film. He should just keep quiet for his own good. He is not sincere to me at all, and making the statements about God's will, was ridiculous. He lied about the money that came in at his bail hearing, and they are now saying he may have been planning the flee.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 pm

So there was something God did not account for? This was NOT God's plan??
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 am

You are asking the question becasue you are confused, or becasue you agree with Zimmerman?
greeney2

Postby DIss0n80r » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:05 pm

God's plan aside... well said, Greene. Just a kid who got murdered by a wanna-be.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:33 am

greeney2 wrote:You are asking the question becasue you are confused, or becasue you agree with Zimmerman?

No, I'm just illustrating that God's plan may very well suck and the "Greater Reason" for events might also suck.
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:23 am

:(
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby hxxx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:12 am

Oh believers, what isn't God's plan?
hxxx

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:13 am

qmark wrote:Maybe some hefty jail time was the plan. If he wasn't carrying a gun, he wouldn't have followed the kid, and the kid would be alive today and he wouldn't be in trouble with the law. Maybe he is just reaping what he has sown. Maybe that is the real plan.

Even you do not believe that.
greeney2

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts