The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Quotable Quotations

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 am

"I adore you, I think.
So there.
(in a totally non=romantic/mom-sexual nature, friendly-like)" - Bionic

:thumbup:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby bionic » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:58 am

:P
you is a charmer..a meanish one..but a charmer..non the less
:mrgreen:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:15 pm

14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:26 pm

"To be fair, much of the Bible is not systematically evil but just plain weird, as you would expect of a chaotically cobbled-together anthology of disjointed documents, composed, revised, translated, distorted and 'improved' by hundreds of anonymous authors, editors and copyists, unknown to us and mostly unknown to each other, spanning nine centuries" - Richard Dawkins
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 27, 2012 8:32 pm

"The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was, but the gun shoots death, and purifies the Earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth ... and kill!" -- Zardoz
DIss0n80r

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 pm

"It is our expression that the flux between that which isn't and that which won't be, or the state that is commonly and absurdly called 'existence,' is a rhythm of heavens and hells: that the damned won't stay damned; that salvation only precedes perdition." -- Charles Fort

"Existence is Appetite: the gnaw of being; the one attempt of all things to assimilate to some higher attempt." -- Charles Fort

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -- Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:41 pm

"Drowned idols swirl like seeds in chaos' wine.
Look, Job! Caught Beauty, held to light, now apes
A good, now evil, thing — the shifting sign
And spectrum of archaic, psychic shapes."

~ Philip Jose Farmer, Job's Leviathan
DIss0n80r

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm

"Strong blasphemers thrive only when strong believers thrive." ~ Philip Jose Farmer

"Everybody should fear only one person, and that person should be himself." ~ Philip Jose Farmer
DIss0n80r

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:55 pm

"This is what the visitor said the Ethicals had learned from the Ancients. The Creator, God, the One Spirit, call it what you will, forms all. It is the universe; the universe is it. But its body is formed of two essences. One is matter, the other, for lack of a better word, is nonmatter."

"The visitor said that his kind called themselves the Ethicals, though they had other names for themselves. They were on a higher plane of ethical development than most Earthlings. Notice that he said most. This indicates that there have been some of us who have achieved the same level as the Ethicals."

"By now you must have accepted the fact that your religion, in fact, none of the Earthly religions, truly knew what the afterlife would be. All made guesses, and then established these as articles of faith. Though, in a sense, some were near the mark, if you accept their revelations as symbolic."

~ Philip Jose Farmer
DIss0n80r

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 pm

"Let's give this entity which you call soul another name. Soul has too many incorrect meanings for humans, too many verbal reverberations, too many contrary definitions. Speak the word soul, and unbelievers will automatically become deaf to what follows. Those who believe in souls will always hear you through the mental constructs that they formed on Earth. Let us call this nonmatter twin the... ah... ka. That is the old Egyptian word for one of the several souls in their religion. Except for the Egyptians this will have no special connotation. And they can adapt to it." ~ Philip Jose Farmer
DIss0n80r

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts