The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Leaning towards Reincarnation

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Nesaie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Hey Bionic?

Ignore them!
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby bionic » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:25 am

Thank you,!!
I do Know Nag Hammadi..
sometimes I need reminding
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am

Nesaie wrote:Hey Bionic?

Ignore them!

Ignore who? Ain't nobody did nuttin' to bionic. What's your malfunction? :eh:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:45 pm

I believe co-incarnation across parallels is feasible. Some parallels look like ours but set in the past (or future) which would make the phenomena resemble reincarnation.

Other than being a part of the nature of reality, what does it matter if we're reincarnated/co-incarnated or not?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby khanster » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 am

Early Christianity and reincarnation:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen03.html#a05

Notice that the Pharisees questioning John were expecting the reincarnation of an Old Testament prophet. And John did not refute the concept of reincarnation when he stated his ignorance about having a past life as Elijah. But Jesus was not ignorant about John. Jesus knew better and said so in the plainest words possible:

This is the one ... there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist ... And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. He who has ears, let him hear. (Matt. 11:11-15)

Jesus revealed John to be Elijah; but John denied it. Which of the two people are right - Jesus or John? The answer should be very clear. John's denial of his own past identity as Elijah does not mean he did not have a past life as Elijah. This is especially true when Jesus claimed that John was indeed Elijah.

khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:33 am

The Bible is proof of reincarnation? That book seems like it can be proof of anything.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 am

Lets assume it may be true, and if it was, those who believe in reincarnation, they are unaware of their past lives, so the Bible story could make sense the John would deny it. Many people think they may have had past lives, and have visions of that past life. The Bible does not give a promise of reincarnation for everyone, maybe it did happen in this one case, nobody will know for sure. Are there other mentions of reincarnation? The Bible does give a promise of eternal life however.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am

The exact nature of that eternal life is not disclosed.
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Perhaps "Hell" is being reincarnated over and over and over again until you get your life right -- only then are you allowed into Fantasyland? :think:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:01 pm

event_horizon wrote:Perhaps "Hell" is being reincarnated over and over and over again until you get your life right -- only then are you allowed into Fantasyland? :think:

I agree that life is not just a reward/punishment scheme.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts