The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

4th of July--BBQ tips or reciepes

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:48 am

BBQ is for all types of meat ....

Australian aboriginals have been BBQing for some 60.000 years.

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

& to that end .......

Modern Australian's tend to BBQ anything & everything.

Here are a few things i throw on the BBQ on a regular bases.

Mains, entries, & desserts.

Meats.
vegetables.
fruit.

Meat & vegetable kebabs, Meat & or Vegetable Kebabs, Fruit kebabs.

Grilled Pumpkin wedges served with a chilli & lime dressing.

Crispy potato skins.

Corn on the cob.

Char-grilled vegetables, .... Pumpkin, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Fennel, Egg Plant, Red & Yellow Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Asparagus. ....... ect ect.

Seafood, Fish, Crab, Prawns, Lobster, Scollops, Octopus, Crocodile, Shark, ...... ect ect.

Meats, Beef, Lamb, Pork, Duck, Chicken, Quail, Kangaroo, Deer, camel, horse, goat, Sausages, Burgers .... ect ect

Fruit Mangoes, Peaches, Pineapple, Apricot, Bananas, Honeydew, Cantaloups, Plumbs .... ect ect

You really can Barbeque Anything & everything.
rath

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:18 am

Of all the meats you mentioned, many can not be bought in the USA. Alligater is served once in a while is some place, not sure if it would be exactly like Crocodile, but I've never seen Crocodile served. Aligator is pretty common in southeastern states and Florida, its pretty rare to find in California. Most all the fish are found here, but you may have to goto an Asian market to get some things or Octopus. Kangaroo, I'm not sure if I've ever seen in the USA, Deer and other ususally hunted game like Deer is usually not found in markets. Same with gamebirds like Quail, Groose, pheasant, doves, etc. The Department of fish and game may control these things being commercially raised. Buffalo has become common to breed with cattle, and sold as beefalo. Camel and horse meat in not sold or eaten at all in the USA, is that something you can buy to eat in Austrailia? Goat is never found in the market, but many Mexican people eat goat, and if you have farm animals(we are allowed to have them in our area, even though we are in the city) people have to watch out for them being stolen.

One thing you didn't mention common in the south, are crawdads and froglegs, which I love.

rath wrote:Seafood, Fish, Crab, Prawns, Lobster, Scollops, Octopus, Crocodile, Shark, ...... ect ect.

Meats, Beef, Lamb, Pork, Duck, Chicken, Quail, Kangaroo, Deer, camel, horse, goat, Sausages, Burgers .... ect ect

The videos were cool to watch, I loved the part where he said the Kangaroo tails were frozen and hard, and using tin foil. :lol:
greeney2

Postby rath » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:34 pm

greeney2 wrote:The videos were cool to watch, I loved the part where he said the Kangaroo tails were frozen and hard, and using tin foil. :lol:

yhe, he just unwraps the kangaroo tails, all .... ( here's one i prepared earlier )

&
greeney2 wrote: Camel and horse meat in not sold or eaten at all in the USA, is that something you can buy to eat in Austrailia? Goat is never found in the market, but many Mexican people eat goat,

for sure, its not Camel & horse goat is not something you would buy at a supermarket, but you can get it from some specialty butchers an such, same goes for rabbit an that, ( rabbit & goat is used in French an Greek food )
Some African cuisines.

horse & camel is used in Asian cuisine & sold at Asian restaurants.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000009783

Erin Burnett & Jim Cramer Sound like tossers to me.

Are they or what ?

rath wrote:Seafood, Fish, Crab, Prawns, Lobster, Scollops, Octopus, Crocodile, Shark, ...... ect ect.

greeney2 wrote:The videos were cool to watch, I loved the part where he said the Kangaroo tails were frozen and hard, and using tin foil. :lol:
i guess tin foil is easier then going an getting paperbark from a tree.
rath

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Hope y'all had a good 4th! Mine kinda sucked.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Rath, rabbit used to be something you could buy in a market when I was growing up, and we have it about once a week. Havn't seen it in years in a regular market, and never have seen it in restraunts. Same with Frog legs, and I love them. wild rabbits here are mostly jackrabbits and not to eatable, or cottontails may have diseased livers, so the market rabbits were all farm raised.

I am not a hunter at all, but I used to do some hunting when I was younger. I respect legitimate hunters, who go by the rules, no not poach, and respect completly the folks who live in country where hunting game is a part of life, like Montana, Canada, Alaska and rural living. For me, if I had some exotic game meat, I've only had venison once in my life, peasant I ate one time when Dad went hunting. I can't imaging what I would do with a freezer full of Elk, deer, or Bear meat, I might try a single meals worth someday, if one of my friends hunted something. Fish is another story, I love to fish but not much of a fisherman. I get a lot more pleasure out of seeing a deer, or bear, taking its picture is the only thing I would shoot at it, for me. I have no real desire to kill wild game, for my purpose of eating. I certainly do not need to kill it for a meal, but I know there are folks who depend on hunting each season, I understand and respect that.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:04 am

http://www.exoticmeatmarket.com/weaulota.html

found this site, which really surprized me what you can buy. interresting to check out some of the things just to see they do sell almost anything. Some of it will surprize you that you can even buy, and some of the prices will surprize you even more. Kobe beef doesn't even give a price. Not a place I'll be buying from but interresting to look at.
greeney2

Postby rath » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Yhe wow, for a few reasons.

American Blesbok meat. ........... Don't even know what that is.

Python meat, Beaver meat, Raccoon meat, swan meat & yak meat. .......... Really.

Wow I can truly say i have never barbequed any of that. ( i guess these people never saw the movie ( breakout )

&

West Australian Lobster Tails (2 tails) 8-10 oz each
Regular price: $99.99
Sale price: $78.99
West Australian Lobster Tails (2 tails) 8-10 oz each WESTAUS802

WOW their $26 ( US$30 a kg in Australia ) for the whole lobster. about 600-2.5kg for the whole lobster.

SMALL 600g to 1,000g

MEDIUM 1,001g to 2, 000g

LARGE 2,001g & above.

1 ounce = 0.0283495231 kilograms

10 oz = 283.495 g

1000 grams = 1kg.

10 oz = 283.495 g

10 oz = 283.495 g x 4 = 1133.98 grams or 40 oz.

or
1.134kg, ( rounded up )

Meaning in Australia, we are paying around $30 Australian per kilogram (35-40 ounces )

While in the usa, for the same product your paying $99.99c for 8-10 oz ( lets say 10 )

10 oz x 4 = 40 oz .... around 1 kg.

$99.99c for 10 oz

10 oz x 4 = 40 oz

40 oz is 4 x 10 oz

US$99.99 x 4 = $us399.96

Thats $399.96c per KG

Or around

$Aus 392.11 per Kg

Americans are paying $392.11 Australian for Something that only costs $30 Australian to start with.

Australians pay $30 per Kg / $30 for 10 oz.

How does one justify selling something that costs $30 for $392.11. :silent:

WOW.

It's no wonder the Kobe beef had no price listed.
rath

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts