The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The Gates of Hell

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:53 am

Yes coming to you live from the absolute " GATES " of " HELL " and I'm talking dangerous, serious heat. This past Tuesday it was 55 or so degrees when I got up at 5 am, as usual. Checked the forecast, it said a high of 104 Thursday, and 106 Friday......HEHEHE, I laughed and said " I'll believe it when I see it " Well I NOT ONLY SAW IT, I felt it's wrath, and lived it's intensity which soaked right to my core.

Never, and I do mean never have I witnessed such heat, such a struggle to stay properly hydrated, it was intense.

I was a Volunteer at the first ever Nationwide/Web.com Tour event held at Victoria National in Newburgh......I had a head set and could hear the insanity right from the very first Tee ball, people were dropping like flies.

I was a walking scorer, it's where the scores and data come from that end up as live scoring on the PGA's web site. All wireless and an easy job for someone who really knows golf, sadly many first timers were involved, most just wanting to be near to the players..........typical " I WANT IT ALL " human nature honed by a sick society...............jmho

I am still utterly amazed that no one died during the event. I had to summon EMT's three times, as did other scorers. Had a player start bleeding from his nose with two holes left to play on Friday, he refused medical treatment. Had a caddie go down Sunday after just 6 holes of work, countless patrons obviously out of their minds, and bone up ignorant for being out in such conditions, fell to the heat.

It touched 104 Thursday as advertised, 107 Friday, 108 Saturday.........and by Sunday most in shape types were climatized enough that the 106 degree temp was a non factor..............104 Monday...........a break Tuesday only 98-99...LOL............102 Yesterday before a much needed heavy heavy downpour late in the day.........lots of humidity this am.........104 today and tomorrow, Saturday to be 103 or so..............and Sunday they say it may break by evening.

I drank upwards of 40 oz of liquid on every hole, every day.....at least that much before I went out, and afterward, as well as on the drive home every afternoon...Figure that up................Saturday I urinated once before I left for work, not again until 5 in the afternoon after three very cold beers.

Gallons of fluid every day.............Never have I ever been anywhere near to that hot in my lifetime..........not even close.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:28 am

Coupled with your humidity is the killer. Out in California 100-104 is pretty normal in Los Angeles. My Daughter lives on the hottest place in the country next to Death Valley, but it doesn't have humidity. Seems like you have all had some real odd weather shifts this year. Capricorn said Buffalo didn't get much snow for quite a while, the midwest rains and floods. Other weather, and now your heat wave. We have had a relatively cool June, which gets usual offshore clouds, they call June Gloom.

Weather patterns seem to be changing all over, the show Ice Road Truckers they all are talking about thinner ice and warmer winters that affect their Ice roads, and crossing lakes or rivers.
greeney2

Postby qmark » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:47 pm

The physical heat is just one of the "heats" that is being turned up. The heat is being turned up in our financial institutions. The heat is being turned up in our civil interactions. I believe we are only a few short years of all hell literally breaking loose. In other words, we aint seen nothin yet.
qmark

Postby frrostedman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:44 pm

qmark wrote:The physical heat is just one of the "heats" that is being turned up. The heat is being turned up in our financial institutions. The heat is being turned up in our civil interactions. I believe we are only a few short years of all hell literally breaking loose. In other words, we aint seen nothin yet.

:!:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:53 am

Another record yesterday...high 107.....lol I sat right out in it like it was nothing. Amazing how we can adapt to things we simply can't control. Today they say 106.....tomorrow 107.....revised upward from my initial post.

We had near to an inch of rain here locally during one of those pop up T-Storms...on Wednesday afternoon.....first drop of rain since May 5 th.......

Severe drought has taken hold............this is dangerous because Trees run out of water which causes them to become brittle so when a t-storm kicks up and has winds of 40 plus mph...............some could simply snap due to their lack of flexibility ................this happened to my neighbor, they have a basketball sized hole in their roof as a result...

I water mine constantly when it gets like this................sure it costs money but could end up saving thousands in roof repair.

Can't imagine what went through the upper mid-west and eastern corridor this past week..............I saw it on radar and new immediately as it held together what it was......they're called durachoes ( sic ) wicked 90-100 mph straight line winds ( outflow ) from freak t-storm complexes that band together and march in a straight path...............they destroy most anything substandard within their path. Their classic signatures are called Bow Echos and show up cleanly on radar..........

Are involved are calling it worse than the damage Ike left behind in 2008.....it should be since both are two totally different animals.

Not much publicity on the numbers of heat related deaths as a result, but it much be in the dozens by now.

Terrible damage to the ele grind in most areas most affected.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:05 pm

The droughts have been so severe for so long in Texas, they say it will take years, possibly decades for cattle ranchers to make up for all the losses. It has gotten so bad, cattle ranchers have had to sell their cattle for next to nothing or pay to relocate to a more mild climate.

And now, the heat is devastating the midwest and in Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio, fields that once grew tens of thousands of acres of corn and soy are now barren wasteland. Food prices are going to skyrocket. On top of already skyrocketing because of the ethanol craze.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Maybe conditions and average temperatures could casue the same thing is the Dust Bowls of the depression. The days of the Grapes of Wrath.
greeney2

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am

Well here's the deal.....This summer, by climatic charts, just turned 1 month old this past week...........LOL...I've lost count of the 100 plus degree days.. Tuesday I think it was, I sat out back after using the stihl most of the day like it was nothing..reached 106..............I've gotten used to it...again on Wednesday....it was only 104 :crazy: any way as a result of the heat..........The T-Storms have been three times as violent, only they've been very very few and far between.

As I've said many times before.........when it gets like this around here, there's no place in the states that's even close to this kind of heat. NO PLACE.

Losing power in this heat is a certain death sentence for some, only it sometimes takes a bit, brings on complications, then death....

Have you seen the bow echos that have stayed together for hundreds of miles? They knock out power and cause massive wind damage, worse than any pop up T-Storm by far. We had a storms pop up this past Thursday and knock down many trees, snap others off just feet above the ground...70 mph winds.......got one of my Oaks, took a large limb from a Maple near the house, deposited it onto the roof, took the top of another out front..........Just KRAZY summer weather..

Easily the hottest stretch in recorded history around these parts, blowing away the summers of the 30's like dust in the wind...we've had 15 or so days on 100 plus degree highs.............yesterday it only reached 98........it actually felt kind of cool...lol...about 2 gallons of water and an equal measure of beer per day.....

I need to get a few pics of my gear and myself in action........before I've no trees left to care for...

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 am

In the west here we had a somewhat of a cool June compared to other years. We had droughts for several years, where they were fining($$$) people for daytime watering, certain hours if you got caught. Not saying anything this year about it. We had a little break in the weather so took a few days to go out to the desert to our daughters this week. There break means its going to only be 105-110, which is a cool day this time of year in that area. Wens we left to come home it was 117, and about a week or so ago, it was 124 when she went out to do some shopping. Next day it was down to 110 but this current system caused humidity, that made it pretty bad,were usually its dry heat. The humidity is the killer where you are Cole, along with unpresidented high temps.
greeney2

Postby thunder » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 pm

its the same here in missouri 104 3 times this week NEVER saw heat like this here, grass died months ago, 11 in. behind on rain. dosnt sound good for any of us. its 12:15 am and still 79 deg. but no rain so thank god no humidity. but still miserable. MANY heat related illness.
thunder

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts