The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The Black Vault - Upcoming Downtime

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 am

Hello everyone,

After 6+ years of being with my hosting provider, I am forced to move my server. Unfortunately, after multiple buy outs, increasing costs, and the fact they are shutting down one of their operation centers where The Black Vault is currently hosted, I can't be with them anymore.

Because of this, I am going to be forced to take the message forum down temporarily. I hope, it will only be about a day of downtime. The site as a whole shouldn't see any interruption, I hope, so we should be ok there.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, and hope this move will ultimately be a good thing.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 am

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

What will I do! What will I do!

Please no more than a day, I'm begging! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
greeney2

Postby rath » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:42 am

blackvault wrote: The site as a whole shouldn't see any interruption, I hope, so we should be ok there.

OK.

Lets hope it all goes well, ...... Coz if We lose all the posts yet again. :thumbdown:
rath

Postby blackvault » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:23 am

No we won't lose the posts - it's not that kind of migration.

This is just an entire server move. I need to dump the data from one server to the other... straight drop. No reprogramming... :mrgreen: That's the good news.

Bad news is the downtime... again about a day. Once I take the board down, I initiate the copy and transfer. Should be a few hours. Then, I'll turn everything back on - and the internet will take about 24 hours to update (yes, server around the globe need to update to The Black Vault's new location...) Most will be updated within minutes or hours, while other slower servers take up to a day.

Wish me luck... this is no fun :(
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby thunder » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 pm

GOOD LUCK john.
thunder

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:38 am

Tricky business, message board moving...We appreciate you going to the trouble.

Oh and when is the downtime gonna happen?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby bionic » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:32 pm

I haven't been posting much , of late..but I LOVE this place and am thankful for it
:thumbup:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby chiselray » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:05 am

blackvault wrote:Hello everyone,

After 6+ years of being with my hosting provider, I am forced to move my server. Unfortunately, after multiple buy outs, increasing costs, and the fact they are shutting down one of their operation centers where The Black Vault is currently hosted, I can't be with them anymore.

Because of this, I am going to be forced to take the message forum down temporarily. I hope, it will only be about a day of downtime. The site as a whole shouldn't see any interruption, I hope, so we should be ok there.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, and hope this move will ultimately be a good thing.

6 years...wot ?

Move IT to where ever it goes....and they will follow...

how was teh sky watch day ? i watched but came up with the normality, being that of a cold night and a few known satelites and maybe i caught something out of teh corner of my eye ??? only that night i had would have given for about 2 hours stretching it out...if with friends of the same level i could have done more...
chiselray

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts