The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Is God Real or Not?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby SmokinJoe » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Greeney -
And the clear overall message is that all the Bible is false to Atheists, and therefore God is a Myth, God does not exist, and its all a Fairytale.

Greeney,

Yes. That is a fair assessment. But, I'd say it is to be expected. The Bible itself says to let those with ears, hear, and with eyes, see. It just isn't meant to be understood in a material world/logical sense. That is by design. If we had all the answers and could point to proof, it would void out the need for faith. It comes down to a choice:

Do you want to find out if there really is a God or not? I mean, a serious devotion to seeking out that existence, not one strictly coming from a curiosity to quench a questioning mind. But, one of which you would be willing to accept the answer, change your life, and leave the lifestyle you were living, behind?

BTW, the Bible says that the church of God resides within each of us. To live your life following the spiritual God does not in any way mean you have to do what other religious leaders "men" say you must do to please God. They haven't a clue.

There is no man made building that any human being has authority within their walls to claim any kind of 'final say' on the Word of God. If you believe that, then you skip over the parts of the Bible that tells you your journey is one between yourself and God. NO man can come between that. No matter how hard they try.
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
SmokinJoe

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:24 pm

SmokinJoe wrote:Do you want to find out if there really is a God or not? I mean, a serious devotion to seeking out that existence, not one strictly coming from a curiosity to quench a questioning mind. But, one of which you would be willing to accept the answer, change your life, and leave the lifestyle you were living, behind?

I did and it wasn't the Christian God. Indeed, I wish there were a reliable manual on God.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Me too.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 am

SmokinJoe wrote:
Greeney -
And the clear overall message is that all the Bible is false to Atheists, and therefore God is a Myth, God does not exist, and its all a Fairytale.

Greeney,

Yes. That is a fair assessment. But, I'd say it is to be expected. The Bible itself says to let those with ears, hear, and with eyes, see. It just isn't meant to be understood in a material world/logical sense. That is by design. If we had all the answers and could point to proof, it would void out the need for faith. It comes down to a choice:

Do you want to find out if there really is a God or not? I mean, a serious devotion to seeking out that existence, not one strictly coming from a curiosity to quench a questioning mind. But, one of which you would be willing to accept the answer, change your life, and leave the lifestyle you were living, behind?

BTW, the Bible says that the church of God resides within each of us. To live your life following the spiritual God does not in any way mean you have to do what other religious leaders "men" say you must do to please God. They haven't a clue.

There is no man made building that any human being has authority within their walls to claim any kind of 'final say' on the Word of God. If you believe that, then you skip over the parts of the Bible that tells you your journey is one between yourself and God. NO man can come between that. No matter how hard they try.

Yes Joe it is expected, and we all have a standard of proof that has different thresholds in all of us. For an Atheist, nothing short of a scientific revelation is the standard, for others counting blessings is enough. Some are just raised one way, others not raised in a enviorment of Faith. Some never find God, some find God in their darkest hour, and some never need a dark hour at all. I also fully agree about the building, feeling closer to God out in Nature, or any number of places, or surroundings.

You mentioned one word that isn't used much in these conversations, the word Spirtual. Following a Spiritual God, and being a spritual person to me is more common than we think, never walking into a church building. Seeing, hearing, and feeling Gods spritual presense from a flower pedal, to a giant Sequoia, our own children being born, just further supports a Faith based belief. Explaining all these things away as just a empty scientific process, or biological happening with no meaning, all just logical, is pretty bleek to me. Startreks Spock was totally logical, totally scientific in mindset, void of all emotion and feelings, absolutly no spirituality. I was in a place Friday, a building, and as I sat inside thinking and looking at the beams, it seems that the spirit of God, if in any building, may have been in this one. We went to the old San Fernando Mission, one of California's many missions, which all were on a route from Baja to San Francisco. They date back to the 1700s, and were a blend of the Catholic Fathers, mexican people, and Native Americans. The missions seems to radiate a kind of spirituality, of the people and times, where the spirit of living life was simple, Faith was a part of life, and that spirit can be felt when you visit these missions. These were not crystal catherdrals, they were handmade adobe with spanish tiles. All answers to lifes questions are not always found in science books.
greeney2

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts