The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

A Case for Intelligent Design: Part 2

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Go away, at1. I hate you and your leftist analytical-logical brain. :snooty:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
User avatar
DIss0n80r
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm

LEFTIST? :silent:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Just out of curiousity, where does this fit into what you wrote on the previous page? :eh:

at1with0 wrote:
DIss0n80r wrote:Unintelligent design... :think:


Are you calling my momma unintelligent??

If I were unintelligent, I would think you are. Luckily for me, I am not completely devoid of intelligence. I can let sarcasm and a quick wit slide, unlike the majority of people in this thread. Heck, it's even amusing! :D

My money is on ID but the form of intelligence involved is not comparable to human or any known intelligence. There is the complication that the design IS the designer, like literally and stuff. A work of art implies an artist, and all that stuff, but in this case the artist is also a work of art (imaginably so at least), so there is a non-well-founded aspect to the "design". It's more complex than ID or not-ID.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
User avatar
DIss0n80r
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:48 pm

DIss0n80r wrote:Just out of curiousity, where does this fit into what you wrote on the previous page? :eh:

at1with0 wrote:
DIss0n80r wrote:Unintelligent design... :think:


Are you calling my momma unintelligent??

If I were unintelligent, I would think you are. Luckily for me, I am not completely devoid of intelligence. I can let sarcasm and a quick wit slide, unlike the majority of people in this thread. Heck, it's even amusing! :D

My money is on ID but the form of intelligence involved is not comparable to human or any known intelligence. There is the complication that the design IS the designer, like literally and stuff. A work of art implies an artist, and all that stuff, but in this case the artist is also a work of art (imaginably so at least), so there is a non-well-founded aspect to the "design". It's more complex than ID or not-ID.


I am a proponent of the intelligence of certain mathematical structures.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:52 pm

at1with0 wrote:
DIss0n80r wrote:We could all be slinging our feces at each other and squawking for all the objective universe cares.


*farts

*oops that wasn't a far* (Hershey's)

*SQWUAK SQUAKE SQUAWK

"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
User avatar
DIss0n80r
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 pm

DIss0n80r wrote:
at1with0 wrote:
DIss0n80r wrote:We could all be slinging our feces at each other and squawking for all the objective universe cares.


*farts

*oops that wasn't a far* (Hershey's)

*SQWUAK SQUAKE SQUAWK



What if the objective universe and truth were hell?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:04 pm

at1with0 wrote:I am a proponent of the intelligence of certain mathematical structures.


Intriguing...

What exactly do you mean by intelligent math structures? Do you believe that intelligence is a fundamental aspect of reality, in the sense that those structures are innately intelligent "parts" of reality, or perhaps that intelligence can arise in those structures? Or am I misunderstanding completely? :eh:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
User avatar
DIss0n80r
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm

DIss0n80r wrote:
at1with0 wrote:I am a proponent of the intelligence of certain mathematical structures.


Intriguing...

What exactly do you mean by intelligent math structures? Do you believe that intelligence is a fundamental aspect of reality, in the sense that those structures are innately intelligent "parts" of reality, or perhaps that intelligence can arise in those structures? Or am I misunderstanding completely? :eh:


It would be a generalization of intelligent programs. Programs are certain types of math structures. I am as yet unaware of the exact definition.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:14 pm

at1with0 wrote:What if the objective universe and truth were hell?


What if God was squawk squawk squawk? Just a squawk squawk squawk squawk squawk? Trying to squawk squawk squawk squawk?

"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
User avatar
DIss0n80r
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:22 pm

DIss0n80r wrote:
greeney2 wrote:People badmouth the results of science all the time, not science itself. Only a very few religions shun the use of modern science that I can think of, only Amish people come to mind. People badmouth the inventions of science everyday, that caused or created bigger problems, or at least the negative aspects of any given invention, affecting our society. We seem to have grouped almost every invention of man, or discovery of man, as a science ralated thing for this discussion. Nobody said to eliminate science, and nobody said to eliminate our modern things like Computers.


Shouldn't you be complaining about businesses that make the tech you have a problem with? Do scientists tell them what to manufacture?

It still doesn't matter, though, does it? Again I ask: What's the point in saying technology isn't always harmless? We all KNOW that. What do you propose be done about it?



Thats a good question, and the short answer is I think in some cases we do act on problems, and others we just accept them, and don't care. Things like chemicals are somewhat of a no brainer, nobody is giving up much when they say they are outlawing certain pesticides, or things like Chemical or biological warfare, etc. Other things the world just accepts, forinstance Chernobal showed us why Nuclear power plants with no containment buildings should be replaced, and Japan showed us the worst case senerio can happen in safe plants. California took action on car polution, so Detroit made a 49 state vehicle, and one equiped for California emissions.

With issues like cell phone/texting while driving, I would give heavy fines to adults, suspend licence for accidents, and for minors suspend until they are 18 for any useage, and for any accident until they were 21. Pull over and park, or pay a huge price IMHO.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9645
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest