The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Prometheus

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Remember, during the inquest in 'Aliens', LV-426 is referred to as a planet, not a moon. Plus, at the Xenopedia site, the moon is referred to as "LV-223," although I don't recall them actually giving it a name in the movie.

And the Space Jockey dies in the Prometheus escape pod, not in the pilot's chair in his ship. So, all things considered, the crashed Space Jockey ship in this movie doesn't appear like the one found in the first Alien film.

And it ends with Shaw and David taking off in another Space Jockey ship, setting off to the home planet of the Space Jockeys to find out why they created Earthlings and then tried to destroy them. That doesn't leave very much of an open end. It appears they already know where they want to go with the next one, if there is a next one.

So when are you gonna go see it? After all the buildup we've been through on here, I'm surprised you haven't already! :lol:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Hopefully soon. I almost never go to the movie theater and usually catch things on HBO or some other channel. I finally had to give up waiting for some and watch them on cable (Iron Man & Star Trek.) But this one I don't want to wait that long.

So the planet Prometheus takes place on in NOT LV-426? That would explain the apparent signs of fossilization on the Space Jockey and the lack of eggs on the ship seen in this film. I guess this is what happens when they put out trailers and fans theorize for weeks. :mrgreen:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:47 pm

I don't usually go to the movie theater that much either, unless it's a really good sci-fi or horror movie that I can't wait to see.

You can't miss the big screen 3-D in this one. It's beautiful. 8-)
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Warning!!! SPOILERS from this point on are to be expected.

I saw it today :dance: This was a great flick. :thumbup: Answers many of questions I had and we'd been theorizing about. For one the not finding eggs and no Xenomoprhs is because it's a different ship, not the same Derelict the crew found in Alien. Why does the planet not look the same...different piece of real estate. The trailer kinda gives away Prometheus crashing into the Space Jockey ship.

Some of my favorite moments were piecing together that David was "up to something." I noticed that he starts pushing on the carvings like he knew what he was doing. Shutting off his camera when he entered to "bridge" seemed like he was answering to someone other than Vickers. Which of course we know is true.

event_horizon wrote:You can't miss the big screen 3-D in this one. It's beautiful. 8-)

I agree. 8-) This was my first 3D movie and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. The screen really pops out but not in a way that's distracting. It actually makes you feel pulled into the scenes a lot more.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:46 am

I wish James Cameron would re-release 'Aliens' in 3-D. That'd be freakin' awesome. 8-)
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:55 pm

event_horizon wrote:I wish James Cameron would re-release 'Aliens' in 3-D. That'd be freakin' awesome. 8-)

Oh yeah! 8-) Perhaps he'll do the same thing George Lucas is doing with the Star Wars films. Extra awsome space battles! Ok! :mrgreen:

Did you notice the carving of the Xenomorph Queen in the temple room? When they're looking around there's one on the wall. They of course don't know what it is, but I was glad to see it as it confirms they exist as of the film. I'd read rumors that they didn't until this one.

Interesting to see the Engineer's work on other bio weapons. The oil stuff would be very effective, more so than the Xenomorphs because by the time anyone notices something's wrong it's too late. Plus you can't shoot what you don't know is there.

I wonder what the Engineer Xenomorph would be like. Would it be larger and stronger? They seem to take on aspects of what they originate from.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:13 am

Well, James Cameron has already re-released 'Titanic' in 3-D, which is the only movie by him that I'm not much of a fan of. I just wish he could have picked 'Aliens' to do that with.....I pray to the movie gods that maybe one day he will... :pray:

I don't recall seeing a carving of a queen xenomorph in the temple chamber. I saw one of a regular xenomorph. Here's the actual screenshot:

http://screenrant.com/prometheus-sequel ... h-carving/

WarAngel wrote:I wonder what the Engineer Xenomorph would be like. Would it be larger and stronger? They seem to take on aspects of what they originate from.

Seeing how the Predator Alien turned out in 'AvP: Requiem', I'd say the thing would have to be pretty darn big. But I don't think it'd be quite as vicious or stronger than the Pred-Alien.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 pm

event_horizon wrote:I don't recall seeing a carving of a queen xenomorph in the temple chamber. I saw one of a regular xenomorph. Here's the actual screenshot:

http://screenrant.com/prometheus-sequel ... h-carving/

That must have been it. I saw it only for a second and the carvings around it might have made it look like a Queen. Oh well, either way it's there.

Thanks for the pic. :thumbup: I was hoping to find one. Xenopedia hadn't posted one yet the last time I looked.

So one of the questions I'm left with is what happens to LV-223 that makes it uninhabitable. Surely they would have settled it instead of 426. So I'm guess it has major environmental problems making it like the other moons. Prometheus should have showed the terraforming/environmental control fail sometime during at least at the end or something.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:26 am

I don't think LV-223 was ever terraformed by the Engineers, because only in the temple and Engineer Ship area was the air habitable. I mean think about it....if they did terraform it, then why bother building a temple in a completely separate but same environment?

I would think that those nasty dust storms alone would make anyone not want to terraform that moon. Given that the Prometheus crew wasn't there that long before one hit, you could assume that they happen quite frequently.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 pm

What if it were true?
WarAngel

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts