The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

A Case for Intelligent Design: Part 2

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 pm

No creator is simpler than creator plus creation.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby khanster » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:42 pm

at1with0 wrote:Well all proofs are word games, so that point is kind of redundant.

Here's my proof:
1. God is the totality of all that exists
2. Ergo, God exists.

:wave:

Is the totality of all that exists intelligent?

Is intelligence greater than non-intelligence?
khanster

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Read the message board for that answer! :lol:
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:11 pm

humphreys wrote:I'm not attempting to prove it's just a concept, I'm just refuting the logical proof of God's existence cited in this thread. Nothing you just said addresses my refutation.

I guess you have to answer an honest question. Cite what logical proof would convince you God exists.
greeney2

Postby khanster » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 am

greeney2 wrote:
humphreys wrote:I'm not attempting to prove it's just a concept, I'm just refuting the logical proof of God's existence cited in this thread. Nothing you just said addresses my refutation.

I guess you have to answer an honest question. Cite what logical proof would convince you God exists.

The burden of proof is with the person making the claim not the refuter of the proof. :boohoo:
khanster

Postby humphreys » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 am

Exactly Khanster, greeney has been told this so many times but I guess he doesn't buy it?

There is no valid logical proof of God's existence greeney, if I could cite one obviously I would be a believer.

Frrosted, I was simply refuting an argument made in this very thread and elsewhere for centuries! I'm glad you agree the logical proofs are silly distractions at best.

If an infinitely powerful, infinitely complex supreme being as the creator of everything is our simplest solution, then I guess we're in a pretty sorry position. As an explanation, for me, there is nothing more complicated. I think there is nothing we could conjure up that could be more complicated than explaining the existence of an all-powerful being, except perhaps having to explain the existence of two?

As for infinite Universes being hogwash, in modern science it is generally accepted that alternate Universes exist now, based on converging scientific evidence that doesn't even have anything to do with the big bang, so rather than being far-fetched it is considered very likely at this stage, among cosmologists.

Scientific evidence aside, in more simple common sense terms, if you accept a big bang without a creator, which atheists do, parallel Universes with different laws are a logical consequence of that anyway. A singular natural big bang event makes no sense, really. Once you accept it occurred, you're compelled to accept the likelihood of parallel Universes too, just as anyone accepting life coming into existence from non-life must accept that life is going to be widespread throughout the Universe. It's not an idea that atheists have just tacked onto the end of big bang theory to explain the fine tuning of the Universe, it really is a logical consequence of it.

Either you accept a big bang without a creator or you don't, but for those who do, it only really makes sense for there to be a great number of them. I can't think of anything that occurs naturally that just happens a single time only and that's it.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:54 am

khanster wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Well all proofs are word games, so that point is kind of redundant.

Here's my proof:
1. God is the totality of all that exists
2. Ergo, God exists.

:wave:

Is the totality of all that exists intelligent?

Is intelligence greater than non-intelligence?

maybe
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:57 am

khanster wrote:
greeney2 wrote:

The burden of proof is with the person making the claim not the refuter of the proof. :boohoo:

Atheists claim God does not exist, where is the proof? :wave:
I'm just refuting that claim, that the burden has not been proven :crazy: !
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 am

humphreys wrote:There is no valid logical proof of God's existence greeney, if I could cite one obviously I would be a believer.

Its only logical that someone who does not want to believe, will state there is no valid proof whatssoever. Again, you have to exlain what you call valid, and why that applies to everyone elses logic and reasoning.

You can not state there is no valid proof unless you define what valid proof would be.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 am

greeney2 wrote:Atheists claim God does not exist, where is the proof? :wave:
I'm just refuting that claim, that the burden has not been proven :crazy: !

Generally, atheists merely don't believe in God. Unless they're strong atheists.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts