The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Prometheus

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby WarAngel » Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Some good trailers out lately. And on TV too! :thumbup: The wait is almost over.

Guessing:
* Prometheus rams the Space Jockey ship to stop it from reaching Earth.
* The planet somehow loses it's habitable atmosphere (probably from above) and becomes the LV-426 we know of from Alien 1 & 2.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm with you on the first guess.

I read a rumor on the IMDB Prometheus board that planet LV 426 wouldn't be in this movie. But who knows. I don't know how or where some of these people get that kind of information. Most of the time they're fulla crap.

We're just days away from getting these answers though! :D
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:52 pm

event_horizon wrote:We're just days away from getting these answers though! :D

Not sure if I should say this or not but the Xenopedia seems to have information about the film up already. The Space Jockey entry is renamed "Engineers" and the plot seems to have been uploaded. Read at your own risk. Many if not all spoilers.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Well, we pretty much know the plot, and I heard one of the actors call them "Engineers" in one of the trailers.

Not sure how much of the plot/story is true, since anyone can go in and edit it. While it does seem to follow what we've seen from the trailers, some of it could fabricated from it as well. Not sure why Ridley would allow so much to be revealed. If it's true, then someone must have stolen it.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 am

So I finally saw it, and I really enjoyed it. Although some of the dialogue and storyline was kinda silly, the sci-fi element was fabulous. It was a fantastic escape from Earth for a little while.

There's been a lot of negative reviews, but I think they're mostly coming from the younger generation who aren't really fans of the Alien movies, which you really have to be to truly appreciate it. We've been waiting a long time to get some insight into these Space Jockeys, and we finally did.

I just hope it will still do well enough at the box office to get the sequel.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:19 am

Hopefully without spoiling anything are you able to say how it affects the established canon? I read one that that would negate the AVP films.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:22 pm

I didn't see anything that would have an affect on AvP. What did you read?
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 am

Something about how the Engineers hadn't made the Xenomorphs yet. Which would explain why they are not in Prometheus.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:30 am

*****WARNING*****SPOILER******

Well, there was a Xenomorph-like thing born (from the Space Jockey) at the end, but there's nothing to indicate that it was the first one.

It wasn't born like the others (snake-like), but almost the size of an adult human, which suggests that it might have been a queen.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:10 pm

So it could be the xenomorphs using the genetics of the host playing out as they seem to do. If it is indeed a Queen then this one coming from a Space Jockey would have some differences from the one that came from Ripley (as that one seemed to be a standard chest buster.) :think:

I'd read some talk about something bursting out of the Space Jockey at the end so maybe this explains the Queen in the second film. The rest of the aliens could be from the eggs found by Kane/the Jorden family. Eventually eggs could be moved from the derelict to the atmospheric processor or the Queen lays new ones. Either way bad news for the colonists. :twisted:

Is this film as open ended as you'd read? There seems like some potential for new prequels and have them lead into Alien. One idea could be getting a recording of the Space Jockey transmission then ship being programmed to look for similar from then on. Captain Dallas mentions the Nostromo computer being programmed for certain situations. Now with Prometheus we can at least theorize that the Company knew what to look for.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts