The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Gurkhas win right to settle in UK

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 am

Aquatank wrote:Its a matter of findng the root causes for the rapists attitude, and finding a way to adjust those attitudes in successive generations. Unfortunately that might end up being an uphill political battle if we try teaching our children in elementary school that rape is a heinous bad no no and teaching them how to avoid it. The simple reason is that although the act is an act of violence it is also sex and the sexually uptight would jump on education bills and try to defeat it. The same problem would occur in churches if they tried to educate the children.

Education has piss all to do with this because it goes against human law. Meaning you don’t need to be told it’s wrong, you just know.

Rape, for the most part, is a dominating man taking what he wants. I really wouldn’t be surprised to find that some, maybe most, rapist have a collection (large or small) of BDSM films at home or on there PC.

I know what I want to say it just isn’t coming out right. It’s so frustrating, my minds just blank. :x
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Aquatank » Fri May 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Lashmar
Its quite simple rape is crime about violence not lust. But even though education is simplistic if it stops even a handfull of rapes from occuring its done good. Society must find the main seed causes of the actions to put an effective stop to the behavoir. I my opinion that may be as simple as booze or meat intake or something as complex as the social pecking order and ones percieved standing in it, or it might even be something genetic like that which we are now recognizing in serial killers and child molestors but is far more widepsread in the male population. Whats the underlying cause.

Now on the Gurkhas issue I have this to say. They fought bravely and nobly for the empire for a long time and deserve to be treated as full citizens of it and in it.
Aquatank

Postby Lashmar » Sat May 23, 2009 1:40 am

Aquatank wrote:Now on the Gurkhas issue I have this to say. They fought bravely and nobly for the empire for a long time and deserve to be treated as full citizens of it and in it.

How did this get onto rape anyway? :?

I agree with you though. They fought with us so they should be trested like us. :D

(Thanks for the empire bit, makes me proud about my family :D )
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 am

Aquatank wrote:Lashmar
Its quite simple rape is crime about violence not lust. But even though education is simplistic if it stops even a handfull of rapes from occuring its done good.

Education will do nothing because, as you said, it’s a crime of violence. You can educate about STD’s but education about rape will be a waste of time. Human law says it’s a bad thing and nothing can break human law.

You know it’s wrong to kill someone; you don’t need someone telling you that it’s wrong you just know. You know it’s wrong to rape someone so the people who rape and murder are going against something to basic education will do nothing to stop it.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Aquatank » Sat May 23, 2009 7:34 am

How it got on the subject of rape. I was responding Maels xenophobic statement by pointing out the majority of rapes were still being committed by the majority cultural group by reversing his numbers to indicate where the real dangey lay.

Your right that education in this instance could failentirely if we teach about rape, however and I probably should have made it clearer but I wasn't sure how to, I was thinking more in lines of morality classes like in college and use them to emphasize that criminal behavoir and violence are bad. It can't always be crime and punishment (seeing thepriciple, we can socialize children to have certain concepts of morality and honor that lead to crime prevention through giving kids better Jiminy Crickets (for lack of better term). The only problem I see with this is twofold what all entails the list of bad things (look at the Carrie Prejean mess and you see the hypocrisy of freedom of speech, freedom from oppression, versus set down rules for beauty contestents versus public outcry and you'll see plenty of hypocrisy.) What is taught in morality and what isn't. Thats the first problem the second problem is being in a government class, you try to bring up the ten commandments or leviticus and wham lawsuits would fly. So there are definite problems with the theducation part as well as all the conspiracy theorists crying "govt. Brainwashing".

Yet I think atleast for the USA that the populace has been doing a poor job of instilling moral values in successive generations, and I see that in the behavoir of the new generations and in some of the people over 40 as well, where we as human beings make excuses for drug use, stealing, violence, lying, cheating, breaking traffic laws as well has the amount of disrespect people show for one another at times. Its wide spread and differs from person to person but IMO its been getting worse over the years especially in regards to disrespect and violence. Humanity cannot keep making excuses for its bad behavoir we have to start teaching morality again somewhere, and we have to find bettter release valves for violent tendencies.
Aquatank

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts