The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

More on the "what is truth?" question

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 27, 2012 2:57 pm

You keep accusing me of assuming I know a truth that I insist I do not know. Putting words in my mouth and making assumptions about what I think while calling me names won't make any of your ideas more right.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Sun May 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Then you "think" know the truth of that particular situation.

Case closed
khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 27, 2012 3:06 pm

I never said I lacked the common sense to recognize your behavior for what it is. I simply don't claim absolute certainty of some great truth about existence.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Sun May 27, 2012 3:09 pm

You are assuming correctness in the claim of not-claiming.

You feel a sense of self righteous trueness and feel as though you will be rewarded.

cry me a river butthead :boohoo:
khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 27, 2012 3:12 pm

That's ridiculous. How could you possibly know I have those thoughts and feelings?
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Sun May 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Basically because you keep replying to this thread which means that you continue to argue your for your perspective, which you feel is the right one.

As you keep responding over and over, you just show that what I said is true in that you feel as though you are right.
khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 27, 2012 3:34 pm

I participate in threads because I enjoy sharing and examining ideas. I'm not proselytizing. You are the one telling me what I think. I merely express doubt yet when I do, your reaction is usually over-the-top hostility.
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Sun May 27, 2012 4:01 pm

DIss0n80r wrote:I participate in threads because I enjoy sharing and examining ideas. I'm not proselytizing. You are the one telling me what I think. I merely express doubt yet when I do, your reaction is usually over-the-top hostility.

You keep responding in order to argue and lie. I am just posting ideas and you are the one arguing. You also took my post about our "intuiting truth" out of context into an irrelevant argument about absolutes. I can only assume it is because you desire to be a contrarian troller.

This was the point I was alluding to which you totally changed the subject from into an argument into your viewpoint on how you feel.

http://people.pwf.cam.ac.uk/mds26/cogsc ... ection.pdf

"Human intuition and insight ... cannot be reduced to any set of computational rules.
... Gödel's theorem indeed shows this, and provides the foundation of my argument
that there must be more to human thinking than can ever be achieved by a computer."

We[humans] intuitively feel we know the truth. But as usual Dissonator totally changed the subject like the worthless troll that he is...
khanster

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:05 pm

khanster wrote:as usual Dissonator totally changed the subject like the worthless troll that he is...

He's one of the few people on this planet who will put up with you. :mrgreen:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby khanster » Sun May 27, 2012 4:11 pm

at1with0 wrote:
khanster wrote:as usual Dissonator totally changed the subject like the worthless troll that he is...

He's one of the few people on this planet who will put up with you. :mrgreen:

Both you and dissonator never get the point or you troll and change the subject. So get lost.
khanster

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts