The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

This is the Holy Grail of classic car finds

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:17 am

This is probably the biggest car find in history IMHO. Certainly of the 60's muscle car era. Not only a completely original 1967 Corvette with factory matching numbers, and verified all factory origional, as specified on the factory sticker. (not a car built from parts). That in itself would make it an unbelievable find, but for it to also be the car, given to the First man to walk on the moon, given to him while an Astronaut, this has to be what many will consider, the Holy Grail of car finds, of Muscle cars.

You know darn well that Chevrolet gave these astronauts, the most equipped top of the line models of those years. They had all the bells and whistles! Those who grew up in the 60's(me) all remember that the astronauts were given Corvettes by Chevrolet. These guys were really symbols, and image surrounding them was, young brave fearless guys, and the image of "ultimate cool" was a Corvette, especially if you were a young guy, we all dreamed of having one. Remember the series "Route 66"?

http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/neil-armstrong’s-1967-corvette-sting-ray-for-sale-as-ultimate-barn-find-slideshow/
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:38 am

http://www.space.com/15563-neil-armstro ... -bids.html

My previous link is not working, this one may clarify the possibility of this being questionable. It did get $250K on a Ebay auction that did not meet the reserve price.

Does not seem very reasonable to me that if this was actually the car verified to be Niel Armstrongs, that is would be on ebay.
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts