The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

define art ...

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:52 am

No, you would never tell a child that, but you are also a teacher, are you telling me that an experienced teacher, does not know what is a more advanced level of development, between children at given ages? Skill level of the craft comes later, but the natural ability probably shows at early ages. Its hard to believe people with advanced skill levels did not also show advanced development, as a child. One does not even need to be highly skilled to enjoy and love doing art, even if their art work is not very good. In one way or another, you could say we are all artists at something.

Why would people claim someone like Kincade was not an artist, critisize, or that his work was not art? Why would you ignore the concenceous of so many people regarding the work as art, and using sales to measure that? I'm not saying sales is the only judge of art, but it certainly is one way to measure, how many considered it art. They said one in 10 homes had something of a Kincade art in it.
greeney2

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:05 pm

The art is in the creativity itself. Others can only judge how much they resonate with the creations.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:10 pm

greeney2 wrote:No, you would never tell a child that, but you are also a teacher, are you telling me that an experienced teacher, does not know what is a more advanced level of development, between children at given ages? Skill level of the craft comes later, but the natural ability probably shows at early ages. Its hard to believe people with advanced skill levels did not also show advanced development, as a child. One does not even need to be highly skilled to enjoy and love doing art, even if their art work is not very good. In one way or another, you could say we are all artists at something.

Why would people claim someone like Kincade was not an artist, critisize, or that his work was not art? Why would you ignore the concenceous of so many people regarding the work as art, and using sales to measure that? I'm not saying sales is the only judge of art, but it certainly is one way to measure, how many considered it art. They said one in 10 homes had something of a Kincade art in it.

Who gives an eff if it's more "developed," or "skillful" it's still ART.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby chiselray » Fri May 18, 2012 5:54 am

defining the word art .

Art is a state of enjoyment ,whether it is felt or seen.
A tree is art,a warm sunny and beautiful day is art ,the best art would be love and happiness with a true story behind it.Art is a creation of the universe and the earth and maybe whoever god is ,then he is a true artist .
chiselray

Previous

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts