The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Personal information

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby at1with0 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:25 pm

What happens when one commits a sin of omission and does not repent?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby OraProNobis » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 am

at1with0 wrote:What happens when one commits a sin of omission and does not repent?

I'm thinking it would depend on the sin of omission.

I'm also thinking you weren't serious with the comment, but just trying to be funny and sarcastic, which is all fine and good, until you realize one day that maybe hell isn't a place to joke about.

If Greeney2 says there is not much police can do without the actual crime having already taken place, there is no sin of omission.

God bless you at1with0.
OraProNobis

Postby at1with0 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 am

Well I wasn't joking about hell so much as joking about certain beliefs involving hell. :mrgreen:
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 am

Could I have done something more? Probably, I could have, but what? Start giving them more personal information on the phone, I already confirmed that I still fit the information on the card being passed around years later just by talking to her, reason #1 I should have hung up.

Secondly, should I go along with it and agree to go to Ventura Blvd. and get sucked into step 2 of the scam? The phone guy is step one, and their job is hook you into coming. The handoff to the Ventura Blvd "drawing", is to take you the step further, to get you to attend the Time Share presentation, in Las Vegas or someplace, where you redeem you prize in step 3. I'm sure they have all their legal ducks in a row, but what a way to make a living, lying and decieving.

Could I have gotten the names or address and gone to the Cops, probably, but what at that point? Probably none of them use real names, just like message boards, an the boiler rooms can be shut down in an instant. The cops hear phone scams every day. I get no less than several "HOme improvment" ones weekly. Are the all trying to cheat you with outright fraud, or are they just bidding jobs that are subed out to an army of contractors? Legal but barly. Probably none of them very good, or reasonable. Again, the cops are going to say, thats a civil matter and contractor issue. With the drawing, you were not forced to go to a time share presentation. They all trick and lure, the gullible into things they do not need or want, they get sucked into thinking they somehow won $100,000. Nothing is ever for free.

The best thing to do is just hang up. I just felt like screwing with them right back until it pissed her off, and wasted a little of her time.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:47 pm

my e-mail gets a fair amount of spam..at home my answer machine answers every call..then I decide if I want to pick up
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby OraProNobis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 pm

greeney2 wrote:Could I have done something more? Probably, I could have, but what? Start giving them more personal information on the phone, I already confirmed that I still fit the information on the card being passed around years later just by talking to her, reason #1 I should have hung up.

Secondly, should I go along with it and agree to go to Ventura Blvd. and get sucked into step 2 of the scam? The phone guy is step one, and their job is hook you into coming. The handoff to the Ventura Blvd "drawing", is to take you the step further, to get you to attend the Time Share presentation, in Las Vegas or someplace, where you redeem you prize in step 3. I'm sure they have all their legal ducks in a row, but what a way to make a living, lying and decieving.

Could I have gotten the names or address and gone to the Cops, probably, but what at that point? Probably none of them use real names, just like message boards, an the boiler rooms can be shut down in an instant. The cops hear phone scams every day. I get no less than several "HOme improvment" ones weekly. Are the all trying to cheat you with outright fraud, or are they just bidding jobs that are subed out to an army of contractors? Legal but barly. Probably none of them very good, or reasonable. Again, the cops are going to say, thats a civil matter and contractor issue. With the drawing, you were not forced to go to a time share presentation. They all trick and lure, the gullible into things they do not need or want, they get sucked into thinking they somehow won $100,000. Nothing is ever for free.

The best thing to do is just hang up. I just felt like screwing with them right back until it pissed her off, and wasted a little of her time.

I didn't understand the details of the scam , so my apologies for saying I wish you would have gotten the police in on it.

Just really tired of these slick scam artists who know how to use loopholes, and hide behind computers, and get away with it over and over.

*sighs* What will it take to make them change?
OraProNobis

Postby greeney2 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 pm

We just seem to sink lower and lower on our moral compass of what is right and wrong. Lying and cheating seem to not enter into some minds and conscience.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:32 pm

You're quite correct, greeney.
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Seriously. Seriously. Seriously.

I think the vast majority of us are aware that the moral compass is pointing ever-increasingly south. And it seems exponential; it's accelerating. At the rate and direction we are headed it seems to me that one day--sooner than we think--any behavior if at least argued from a certain viewpoint--will be socially acceptable.

Is that a viable goal? Are there any folks here who want that and think it is healthy for the human race?

But then again, if you think back to the days of the Old West... killing people apparently wasn't that big o' deal. Oh well. But now it's on a global scale so there is nowhere to go to get away from it.

More and more I think newer generations want to stand out and be different. That's where things like mohawks and earrings on males came from. Now it's body piercings, saggy pants, thuggery, and mega tattoos. Gay marriages are now being forced; even public access churches are being forced by the government to preside over them. The polygamists feel left out and want their views made legal too.

What's next? Whatever it is, is it for the good no matter what it is? What's the end game? What is the ultimate goal?
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Theoretically, a worthy adversary can bring out the best or worst.
The world has a strong adversary, now we will see if it brings out the best in people or the worst.
I don't know if that adversary is one cohesive force. It all seems to boil down to hunger and what lengths people will go to satisfy that hunger. "Hunger always drives the beast," David Vincent.

I have observed that if one satisfies that hunger through a source of peace, love, and bliss, rather than some negative emotions such as greed or hatred, then they turn out to be a beacon of positive effects. The Christians would say this is the Holy Spirit. The native americans might call something else. "Dine upon divinity," Steve Tucker.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts