The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Prometheus

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby WarAngel » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 am

So then was there a disagreement between that one and "the pilot?" :think:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Perhaps. Maybe a pilot wanted to drop eggs onto a planet and the other didn't.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 am

Here's another plot point that will further confuse things.

If the movie really won't have xenomorphs then how are they going to explain the crew not finding any? :shock: When Kane from Alien is lowed into the chamber it's the size of a cavern and seems to be larger than what is seen. How with this be missed?
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:37 pm

WarAngel wrote:If the movie really won't have xenomorphs then how are they going to explain the crew not finding any? :shock:

Because the movie is about the creators of the xenomorphs. They use the xenomorphs as a biological weapon; there's no need to have them running loose on their own planet.

WarAngel wrote:When Kane from Alien is lowed into the chamber it's the size of a cavern and seems to be larger than what is seen. How with this be missed?

Yeah, I actually used to think that the Derelict landed on top of a cavern containing those eggs, because it looked so huge in there. And until I heard the audio commentary on 'Alien' from Ridely, I had always thought the Space Jockey found those eggs on the planet. But when you see the short clip of just how small the Nostromo crew looks outside the ship (like tiny little specks), you can see how it could be inside the ship, instead of underneath.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:48 pm

event_horizon wrote:
WarAngel wrote:If the movie really won't have xenomorphs then how are they going to explain the crew not finding any? :shock:

Because the movie is about the creators of the xenomorphs. They use the xenomorphs as a biological weapon; there's no need to have them running loose on their own planet.

Sorry should have been more clear on this. I meant how will they not find the eggs? They seem to a bit of exploring and would eventually find the chamber. Maybe discovering the stone statue looking remarkably Human and then the Space Jockey body distracts them and they get epically lucky.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Judging from all the distress they appear to go through in the previews, I'd say they run into trouble while exploring and get sidetracked, and probably don't get a chance to explore the entire complex.

The trouble appears to start after they enter the chamber with the big stone head.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:29 pm

That's a good point. It seems like they find the Space Jockey head and take it back to Prometheus. Captain Janek probably recalls everyone to be on the safe side in case there's anything else down there. Look like that doesn't go as planned.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 pm

6 more weeks and counting! :crazy: :wall:
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Featurette with even more new scenes:

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/ymovies-6 ... 40474.html

Damn...it feels like I've already seen the whole freakin' movie. :eh:
event_horizon

Postby bionic » Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 am

Soon. SOON!!!
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts