The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

God Is Imaginary: Try Praying & Statistically Analyze Prayer

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:35 pm

frrostedman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:Awww gimmie f'n break. You can't handle the truth.

You call this stuff "hostile nature and verbal assaults?" :lol: Your drama queenliness never ceases to amaze me. :lol:

You can be more sensitive than the most sensitive woman I know sometimes. :oops:

You'd make the perfect Progressive Liberal. You can't argue a point using actual facts and logical deductions. The only tool you have in your briefcase is to close your ears to anything anyone else says, and spew hatred and lies. The only hope you have to score any points in debate is to drag the other one down to your level where you can heap the blame on them... for being like you.

It's pitiful.

There's nothing left to argue about here. Everything has been covered in the opening 2 posts, and I have yet to see anyone adequately rebut it. Your story about your prayers being answered is not a rebuttal to it. In fact, it can be attributed to Grandiose Type Delusional Disorder -- especially when you truly believe EVERY SINGLE ONE of your prayers ends up getting fulfilled. Just how many rationalizations do you have to come up with in your mind to arrive at all of those deluded conclusions? You're too far gone man.......I mean waaaaaaaaay out there...

So please....understand why I can't help but poke fun at it. You're utterly ridiculous to me.

frrostedman wrote:You can't argue a point using actual facts and logical deductions.

I think I just heard a fairy fart. :lol:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:41 pm

event_horizon wrote:especially when you truly believe EVERY SINGLE ONE of your prayers ends up getting fulfilled.

Wrong. Read again. Then again, don't. I don't care. Just pointing out your error.

You're utterly ridiculous to me.

Ditto. Everytime we engage, I get this sick and embarassed feeling that I'm actually taking the time to debate a 5-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby event_horizon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:02 am

frrostedman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:especially when you truly believe EVERY SINGLE ONE of your prayers ends up getting fulfilled.

Wrong. Read again. Then again, don't. I don't care. Just pointing out your error.

frrostedman wrote:Every prayer I have ever prayed--when I am filled with the Holy Spirit--has not only come to pass, but in most cases has come to pass right away. One time I prayed for something and the phone rang not 5 minutes later with exactly what I prayed for. But that wouldn't stand on its own; there are several other instances where something similar occured.

All believers know the feeling. You can feel it when you are filled with the Holy Spirit and you know when you aren't. I have prayed countless prayers. All heartfelt prayers have gone answered, many times not like I anticipated, not as fast as I wanted, etc. Those are the ones I prayed because I prayed out of an obligation to do so but was not filled with the Spirit.

It is impossible to explain but I am being utterly and completely honest. Since my conversion to Christ, I can probably count the number of Holy-Spirit-filled prayers on 2 hands. Those were answered immediately and I got exactly what I prayed for; and I could tell I was filled with the Spirit because I could sense that my prayer was not in the form of a question, but was instead in the form of a confident gratefulness, because I already knew it was going to happen. All the others, some were answered like I wanted and as fast as I wanted, but most were answered long after the prayer, and not necessarily the way I personally desired.

What we have to understand is. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you are connected to God and truth. At that point, you couldn't pray for something that wouldn't come to pass, even if you wanted to, because the Holy Spirit is actually communicating through you at the same time--basically telling you this is going to happen just as you prayed for it. But if you pray and you are not filled with the Spirit--which is ok and you are obligated to do so anyway--your prayer is going to be subjected to your desire vs. God's will and the prayers of all those around you which may be in direct conflict with what you pray for.

So in your world, the only prayers that ever go unanswered is if your prayer goes against the majority? I didn't realize prayer was a democracy. :Doh:

frrostedman wrote:

Ditto. Everytime we engage, I get this sick and embarassed feeling that I'm actually taking the time to debate a 5-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.

Ah, okay...so in your fantasyworld, when someone pokes fun at your lunacy, you view that as them throwing a "temper tantrum"? Wow man. :crazy:

Get a grip.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Sleepwalk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:11 am

event_horizon wrote:
frrostedman wrote:

frrostedman wrote:Every prayer I have ever prayed--when I am filled with the Holy Spirit--has not only come to pass, but in most cases has come to pass right away. One time I prayed for something and the phone rang not 5 minutes later with exactly what I prayed for. But that wouldn't stand on its own; there are several other instances where something similar occured.

All believers know the feeling. You can feel it when you are filled with the Holy Spirit and you know when you aren't. I have prayed countless prayers. All heartfelt prayers have gone answered, many times not like I anticipated, not as fast as I wanted, etc. Those are the ones I prayed because I prayed out of an obligation to do so but was not filled with the Spirit.

It is impossible to explain but I am being utterly and completely honest. Since my conversion to Christ, I can probably count the number of Holy-Spirit-filled prayers on 2 hands. Those were answered immediately and I got exactly what I prayed for; and I could tell I was filled with the Spirit because I could sense that my prayer was not in the form of a question, but was instead in the form of a confident gratefulness, because I already knew it was going to happen. All the others, some were answered like I wanted and as fast as I wanted, but most were answered long after the prayer, and not necessarily the way I personally desired.

What we have to understand is. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you are connected to God and truth. At that point, you couldn't pray for something that wouldn't come to pass, even if you wanted to, because the Holy Spirit is actually communicating through you at the same time--basically telling you this is going to happen just as you prayed for it. But if you pray and you are not filled with the Spirit--which is ok and you are obligated to do so anyway--your prayer is going to be subjected to your desire vs. God's will and the prayers of all those around you which may be in direct conflict with what you pray for.

So in your world, the only prayers that ever go unanswered is if your prayer goes against the majority? I didn't realize prayer was a democracy. :Doh:

frrostedman wrote:

Ah, okay...so in your fantasyworld, when someone pokes fun at your lunacy, you view that as them throwing a "temper tantrum"? Wow man. :crazy:

Get a grip.

I've only been here for, about what, a week?

But I see what the other posters are talking about regarding your behavior. You seem to be filled with a lot of anger. Even if your arguments were rational and well-informed, you're not going to pursuade anybody with the tone you're using. In your defense though, you seem to be more interested in hurting people for pleasure than irenic and substantive discussion.

Do you want to exhange e-mails and talk about the anger inside?
Sleepwalk

Postby at1with0 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:11 pm

frrostedman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:Awww gimmie f'n break. You can't handle the truth.

You call this stuff "hostile nature and verbal assaults?" :lol: Your drama queenliness never ceases to amaze me. :lol:

You can be more sensitive than the most sensitive woman I know sometimes. :oops:

You'd make the perfect Progressive Liberal. You can't argue a point using actual facts and logical deductions. The only tool you have in your briefcase is to close your ears to anything anyone else says, and spew hatred and lies. The only hope you have to score any points in debate is to drag the other one down to your level where you can heap the blame on them... for being like you.

It's pitiful.

lmao
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Sleepwalk wrote:But I see what the other posters are talking about regarding your behavior.

So you agree with the other believers about what they think about an atheist? Who woulda thunk it. :Doh:

Sleepwalk wrote:You seem to be filled with a lot of anger.

Ah...the ol' "atheists are angry/bitter card." Could you please quote me where you think I'm "angry" in here, so I can at least see what the heck you're on about?...because the last time I checked I was quite happy, and still am.

Sleepwalk wrote:Even if your arguments were rational and well-informed, you're not going to pursuade anybody with the tone you're using.

Frrostedman is beyond all hope. Attempting to persuade him is futile. Trust me...we've been at it for years. The only thing left to do is laugh.

Sleepwalk wrote:In your defense though, you seem to be more interested in hurting people for pleasure than irenic and substantive discussion.

Oh well, the truth hurts -- I can't help that. Do I do it for pleasure? Nah. Although a lot of things I read from some believers make me laugh -- which naturally releases endorphins, which brings pleasure.
event_horizon

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts