The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

God Is Imaginary: Try Praying & Statistically Analyze Prayer

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 pm

:shh: I think somebody here bought one of these:

I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Sleepwalk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 pm

event_horizon wrote:Retarded people can't distinguish the difference between reality and fiction -- that doesn't mean fiction is real.

True.

It's still a contradiction to your statement that "God isn't Superman or a genie."

No it isn't because genies are supposed to grant you anything you want, not give you what they think you need. And Superman just flies around and saves people for the sake of saving people.

But God had and has a specific plan in mind. He wanted to provide a way for us to reconsile our relationship with Him, and to teach us what He wants from us. He just so happened to do this through the people and events that the Bible talk about. His goal wasn't to arbitrarily rescue people or to grant every person's wish.
Sleepwalk

Postby frrostedman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:35 pm

at1with0 wrote:
event_horizon wrote:Your "God" supposedly has a "divine plan." You're suggesting that "God" changes "His plans" just because you ask "Him" to. Do you really think you're that special?

Maybe next time I'm at work I'll ask my boss if we can get a stripper pole in the lobby...I'm sure that'll go over real well -- he likes me and will do anything I ask, because I'm special. :drool:

This is an attack on a straw god.

A plan can be conditional, like a program with if/then/else statements.

Or another possibility is your prayer for whatever it is, was part of the plan! 8-)
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Indeed, frosty.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Sleepwalk wrote:
event_horizon wrote:Retarded people can't distinguish the difference between reality and fiction -- that doesn't mean fiction is real.

True.

It's still a contradiction to your statement that "God isn't Superman or a genie."

No it isn't because genies are supposed to grant you anything you want, not give you what they think you need. And Superman just flies around and saves people for the sake of saving people.

But God had and has a specific plan in mind. He wanted to provide a way for us to reconsile our relationship with Him, and to teach us what He wants from us. He just so happened to do this through the people and events that the Bible talk about. His goal wasn't to arbitrarily rescue people or to grant every person's wish.

"Let's start off with Adam and Eve and have Eve wreck everything." What a great "plan". :lol:

So what does any of this have to do with the statistical analyzation of prayer?
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Getting back on topic...

event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 pm

event_horizon wrote:Getting back on topic...

If that's your topic, then the topic is to senselessly, arrogantly, and ignorantly attack people who believe in the power of prayer. Your hostility is a character flaw that you should work on, should you ever desire to have peace. Peace is apparently not your goal, and that contradicts your alleged desire to destroy the faith of believers so that "religious wars" will end. War is your obvious goal and the evidence is your hostile nature and verbal assaults.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby event_horizon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Awww gimmie f'n break. You can't handle the truth.

You call this stuff "hostile nature and verbal assaults?" :lol: Your drama queenliness never ceases to amaze me. :lol:

You can be more sensitive than the most sensitive woman I know sometimes. :oops:
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Here, take some more pointers from this guy:

:lol: :P
event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:04 pm

event_horizon wrote:Awww gimmie f'n break. You can't handle the truth.

You call this stuff "hostile nature and verbal assaults?" :lol: Your drama queenliness never ceases to amaze me. :lol:

You can be more sensitive than the most sensitive woman I know sometimes. :oops:

You'd make the perfect Progressive Liberal. You can't argue a point using actual facts and logical deductions. The only tool you have in your briefcase is to close your ears to anything anyone else says, and spew hatred and lies. The only hope you have to score any points in debate is to drag the other one down to your level where you can heap the blame on them... for being like you.

It's pitiful.
frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts