The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

1 Reason

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Nesaie » Tue May 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Halfabo wrote:
Illuminati wrote:
Dark-Samus wrote:I`ve been thinking a bit.

This is my reason to why most religious people are hypocrites.

We all know that there are alot of things that religions consider as sins right?
So, if someone´s son/daughter commits murder, most parents would still love or have atleast some connection to their son/daughter.

Murder is a sin.

IF they steal they still are their son/daughter in their eyes and still loves it.

Stealing a sin.

IF they are cheating on their wife or husband they are still being loved and so on by their parents.

Unfaithful to ones other half is a sin.

But if that son/daughter is gay, WOW it´s the end of the world right?!
They are most of the times thrown out of their homes, they don´t consider their son/daughter asd their child, they break all conenctions to it.
They see them as sinners and unworthy to their eyes and in some occassions even go as far as to murder that child or making othwers murder it just because it is gay.

Being gay is a sin.

So let me ask all of you so called religious people.

If everything above is consider a sin, why is gays treated alot worse than a murderer and why on earth is that sin considered to be the worst damn thing ever?!
Why don´t you kill or throw your kid out if they have stolen?
Can you answer that?! :roll:
It´s pathetic, simply pathetic and no matter what anyone says, you can´t win against this argument. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate to say it but this is the stupidest argument which I have seen here or on any other board/forum.

First, I am your test subject. I love my, soon to be in July, four daughters. Later on in life, lets say one of them commits murder without question. I will still love her. I will accept the fact that I will miss her but no one is above the law of the land. Murder is murder and she must do her time. It would tear me apart but we do not live in a world of faeries and elves. Reality is a harsh ruler.

Lets say one of my daughter's is a thief who steals and gets caught. At any time in her life, as I have already been explaining to my three children about stealing I would tell her that life is harsh and she must pay for her crimes, just like I have teaching her now. Tough love, but she must learn her lesson. I would still love her as much as when she was born, but again reality is a harsh ruler.

I would be disappointed in them if any of my children committed adultery. I would still love them, but they are going to have a lifetime of what ifs and whatnots to deal with. Their reality in which they made for themselves is punishment, let alone their own father's disappointment. I am still loving them though, even forgiving them and praying over them.

And if any of my daughters came up to me and told me that they felt they liked women in the same manner as my wife loves me I would still love them, not kick them out nor shun them from anything different than if they were loving men. I would not agree with their choices, just the same as i would not agree with them murdering, stealing or cheating on their spouses, but no matter how things go I could never throw my daughter out the door nor condemn them for actions like you have posted.

Reason? The difference between what you see Christianity as and the way I know it as is night and day. You believe, along with almost everyone else here in a wrathful, vengeful God who desires sacrifices and demands our acts of submission. The truth is everything in life is a choice and you have all been duped by idiots who painted that image centuries ago. You fools are willing to believe in an image of fear rather than realize the truth of it all is so simple it has blinded you to ignorance. Christ loved the adulterer; Christ loved the murderer; Christ loved the thief; Christ loved the homosexual- If I am to be Christ-like what should I do them to my family and friends, neighbors and people I meet? Shall I judge others by the same restrictions I choose to place upon myself or shall I love them with open arms and accept them as other members of this universe we live in?

Why can't most of you love others regardless of their beliefs? Apparently anyone who believes in some form of supernatural entity is considered an idiot, worthy of death and branded with an iron of contempt and should be cast into a lake with a millstone around their necks. Where is your love, brothers? Who are the real judges here? Hypocrites.

Interesting how everyone here thinks you are a rarity but, you sound just like most Christians I know. I don't know what "religious" people they've been listening to but, its apparently not actual Christians.

Really?

The Halfabo I've read doesn't sound like the words Illuminati has written. :(
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Illuminati » Tue May 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Nesaie wrote:Um...I actually believe in Deity.

It just seems that if I don't believe in the same Deity you do (not specifically you, but you in plural) , I get a lot of crap. Even if I were to call myself Christian, there would be other christians of other denomination, who wouldn't actually follow what you say above. Before asking us outsiders for love, why don't you start with your own group? Kinda like changing the republican party from the inside.

And that's the issue.

Orthodox Christianity was ran out of North America, at least in California, for many years. Most of the Orthodox American Martyrs were killed by Roman Catholic Spaniards who demanded their conversion to Roman Catholicism.

I saw a bumper sticker once which read "God save me from your followers!" I often find that applicable. Unfortunately I am lumped in with them, as I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian. I often just say "I am Orthodox" but in few circles, though enough to maintain the word Christian right after. The main differences between my faith and others is that we reject Original Sin, Roman Catholic Doctrine written past 800 AD(roughly around there as that was the beginning steps of the Schism) Sola Scriptura and many other modern "revealed" teachings of the last 1000 years. I could make a list that could go on and on of what the differences are but the fact is I cannot convert a sect of people who strictly believe in the Bible and actually fail to realize their faith is in a book and not the God spoken of in the book.

I may have converted many of my friends over so I am not a total loss, Nesaie! ;)
Illuminati

Postby Nesaie » Tue May 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Actually, when I was more actively hiking, our "fearless leader" was from Armenia, during the cold war. He got out when he was 13. He was Orthodox Russian...but he is Armenian. ;) Anyway, I've been trying to figure out where to get an Orhodox Bible from (translated into English of course). If I'm correct, they have even more chapters than the Catholic version. I'd like to read them. I have several versions of English Biblical translations of the Bible at home. I just haven't found a hard copy of the Orthodox version yet.

When I was in NY I saw a Coptic church. I wanted to go...but it was a business trip so I didn't have time. We don't have too many Coptics on the west coast. I'd also like to get a Syrian Bible to add to my collection, but I don't know how many have been translated into English...then again...In modern Arabic God is Allah in the Christian Bible. (Don't tell American Paul followers...they really want to hate Allah ;))
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Tue May 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Wait...Was that before or after "st" Augustine? That boy had issues...and I mean ISSUES. ;)

I know that many Priests and Monks, back in the day, were murdered for heresy as the dogma...eh..ahem..."doctrine" was being formed. But, I forget names and dates. :(

God forbid a human trying to truly understand truths...independently of others...why...maybe that is what Jesus would do. ::shrug::
Nesaie

Postby Halfabo » Wed May 20, 2009 1:34 am

Nesaie wrote:
Really?

The Halfabo I've read doesn't sound like the words Illuminati has written. :(

That's because you only see what you want to see.
Halfabo

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed May 20, 2009 3:13 am

Actually, for a man to lie with another man it is an "abomination" (much worse than a mere sin). It comes from the "law" of Moses. It is in Lev 20:13:

So in other words what this law says is,
It´s not okay to sleep with another person in the same gender when you are not even hurting anyone else.
But it is okay to murder 100000000000 people and still see that as better than 1 male sleeping with another male.
Yeah I can see now why logics and thinking doesn´t really apply to most humans :lol: :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 20, 2009 8:37 am

Dark-Samus wrote:
Actually, for a man to lie with another man it is an "abomination" (much worse than a mere sin). It comes from the "law" of Moses. It is in Lev 20:13:

So in other words what this law says is,
It´s not okay to sleep with another person in the same gender when you are not even hurting anyone else.
But it is okay to murder 100000000000 people and still see that as better than 1 male sleeping with another male.
Yeah I can see now why logics and thinking doesn´t really apply to most humans :lol: :mrgreen:

Actually, I haven't found the part that applies to women sleeping with other women yet.

But, did you see the other abominations from the law too? If you eat shell fish...it's an abomination too. ;)
Nesaie

Postby Lashmar » Wed May 20, 2009 10:58 am

Nesaie wrote:Actually, I haven't found the part that applies to women sleeping with other women yet.

That’s because that’s an act of god himself love. ;)

I think I’ve finally figured god out. :|

God is a straight man. Hence why he doesn’t like man on man action but he doesn’t mind (he might even enjoy) girl on girl action, if possible girl on girl on another girl, he like the latter. :o :D

All hail god! :D

In the UK it was just before the First World War that people, finally, realized that a woman could have sex with another woman.

Really, in Queen Victoria’s reign people didn’t believe women could do that, it was `below ` them or something. :roll: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 21, 2009 3:31 am

Actually, I haven't found the part that applies to women sleeping with other women yet.

But, did you see the other abominations from the law too? If you eat shell fish...it's an abomination too.

So god loves lesbians but not eating shell fish... :lol:
Ah humans, twisted lil things :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Thu May 21, 2009 8:00 am

He's a good god, not much more to say. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts