The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Easter Blessings to everyone.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Happy Easter to all, as we remember what Easter means to all Christians around the world.
greeney2

Postby OraProNobis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Thank you Greeney2 for reminding us that Easter is not only about bunnies, and chocolate, but something far more meaningful .

May all Christians have a blessed Easter , graced with gifts from the Holy Spirit.
OraProNobis

Postby Island_Girl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Happy Easter everyone.

Island_Girl

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks Orapronobis, There will still be a few Easter Baskets, and a Easter Egg hunt for our Grand daughter Easter Sunday. She got to visit the Easter Bunny in the mall a few days ago. My kids are 30 and 36, and the Easter Bunny still comes every year for them.
greeney2

Postby OraProNobis » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:25 am

greeney2 wrote:Thanks Orapronobis, There will still be a few Easter Baskets, and a Easter Egg hunt for our Grand daughter Easter Sunday. She got to visit the Easter Bunny in the mall a few days ago. My kids are 30 and 36, and the Easter Bunny still comes every year for them.

yes, I enjoyed the treats as a child, but in all honesty I find the Easter Bunny rather a repulsive thought now, as I reflect on the truth of the Holiday.

Just another lie told to children, on a day we should be celebrating the truth of the resurrection.

How long do we lie to our children on the Holiest of Feast days of the Lord, and then teach them its not ok to make up lies..?

*sighs*.. nope..can't say I have any respect for the Easter Bunny tradition at all. :thumbdown:
OraProNobis

Postby event_horizon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Happy Invisible Bunny Rabbit Day!!! :lol:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby OraProNobis » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:08 pm

event_horizon wrote:
Happy Invisible Bunny Rabbit Day!!!

There are many who celebrate the "lie' of the Easter Bunny, that have no belief or acknowledgement of Christ, so your mockery of Him , with the mockery of the Easter Bunny is a tad bit displaced.

There were eye witnesses to His crucifixion, as well as eye witnesses to His resurrection and ascension into heaven.

There have been eye witnesses to miracles that happen to this day in His name ,and there are souls who have been shown visions of heaven ,hell,and purgatory.

You hatred and mockery , is apparent event_horizon, and I can't help but think that you have been deeply wounded somehow. That at some crucial time, when you prayed,and needed help, for some reason you were denied, and you have become bitter.

Yes, event _horizon, the Easter Bunny is a big fairy tale, that many souls "buy into " as celebration , but the story of the crucifixion ,and resurrection , and the reason behind it is very real.

So be careful what you mock.
Last edited by OraProNobis on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OraProNobis

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:26 pm

And all children grow up with fairy tales, from Snow White to Jack in the Beanstock, and they watch cartoons, and watch kids shows, and they play pretend games, and they all grow up to learn about God, know about the resurrection, and be normal healthy Christians or Catholics. Little girls have dreams of the Handsome Prince, Cinderella. They do not imagine they are Dogs, becasue they watched Lady and the Tramp, and they are not into the Occult if they liked Fantasia. I knew what Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were, my kids, and also my grandkids, and we all learned about Jesus. The tooth Fairy, may be another lie, but when a baby is loosing their teeth, would you rather tell them how it will hurt like heck, they will bleed all over the place, and there is nothing to look forward to???

If you want to call this lying to a child, thats more than extreme point of view. Somehow I do not think Jesus will be too angry about the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, hanging a stocking or, coloring eggs, or putting out the Easter Basket. I'd rather explain that to Jesue than stripping a little joy from a child in a world that will give them plenty of heartaches.
greeney2

Postby Island_Girl » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:44 pm

For what it's worth. The sun was
shining on my canal water and the ducks
and geese and gulls made a pretty picture.

Island_Girl

Postby OraProNobis » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:26 pm

greeney2 wrote:

If you want to call this lying to a child, thats more than extreme point of view. Somehow I do not think Jesus will be too angry about the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, hanging a stocking or, coloring eggs, or putting out the Easter Basket. I'd rather explain that to Jesue than stripping a little joy from a child in a world that will give them plenty of heartaches.

Its not extremist, its just plain fact. if you tell a child that Santa is coming, its a LIE !. If you tell a child the Easter Bunny brought something for them, its a lie.

What is extreme is that you would cover it up as something else, like good nice fairy tales, that are good for the soul.

In reality they take away from the true message of the Holiday, which is EXACTLY what satan likes.

You can explain whatever you want to Jesus, I'll let Him do the judging.

But I'd rather teach my child about how Jesus can help them deal with the heartaches of the world, instead of always reinforcing that celebrating His Holy Days , must be accompanied by some material trinket in order to make them "happy" and give them "joy".

I wish I had done Easter and Christmas differently for my children , and done away with so much of the "material" goods. Thankfully as grown ups they aren't expecting an Easter Basket now, but they have no faith, one is drawn to things of the occult, because of all the "magic" in movies , such as you have mentioned, and for apparent reasons they still see Christmas as a time for consumer indulgence, and even spend what they don't have to try and live up to that ridiculous mindset and standard which was NOT SET by JESUS !

Sorry, but I have to say, I screwed it up, and regret it , by going with the "worldly " standards of celebrating Holy Days. Not saying that my children are unbelievers because of this, but it sure didn't help to strengthen their faith.
OraProNobis

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts