The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

More Proof for Unbelievers

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby OraProNobis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:34 pm

This is an absolutely hair raising story of 8 Jesuits who survive a nuclear bomb in 1945.

I was never aware of this story , and felt compleed to share this. The link provides the studies done as well.

I have included a few excerpts from this link, as well as other links speaking of the same event, as well as another. One of the Jesuits had claimed to have been protected because they faithfully said the Rosary everyday in their home.

http://holysouls.com/sar/rosarymiracle.htm

Rosary Miracle at Hiroshima - August 6th, 1945

There was a home eight blocks (about 1 kilometer) from where the A-Bomb went off in Hiroshima Japan. This home had a church attached to it which was completely destroyed, but the home survived, and so did the eight German Jesuit missionaries who prayed the rosary in that house faithfully every day. These men were missionaries to the Japanese people, they were non-military, but because Germany and Japan were allies during WWII they were permitted to live and minister within Japan during the war. Not only did they all survive with (at most) relatively minor injuries, but they all lived well past that awful day with no radiation sickness, no loss of hearing, or any other visible long term defects or maladies. Naturally, they were interviewed numerous times (Fr. Schiffer, a survivor, said over 200 times) by scientists and health care people about their remarkable experience and they say "we believe that we survived because we were living the message of Fatima. We lived and prayed the rosary daily in that home." Of course the secular scientists are speechless and incredulous at this explanation - and they are sure there is some "real" explanation - but at the same time over 55 years later the scientists are still absolutely bamboozled when it comes to finding a plausible scenario to explain the missionary's unique escape from the hellish power of that bomb.

Conclusion: There are no physical laws to explain why the Jesuits were untouched in the Hiroshima airblast. There is no other actual or test data where a structure such as this was not totally destroyed at this standoff distance by an atomic weapon. All who were at this range from the epicenter should have received enough radiation to be dead within at most a matter of minutes if nothing else happened to them. There is no known way to design a uranium-235 atomic bomb, which could leave such a large discrete area intact while destroying everything around it immediately outside the fireball (by shaping the plasma).

From a scientific viewpoint, what happened to those Jesuits at Hiroshima still defies all human logic from the laws of physics as understood today (or at any time in the future). It must be concluded that some other (external) force was present whose power and/or capability to transform energy and matter as it relates to humans is beyond current comprehension. >From the standpoint of the current universal “string” theory in physics (relating atomic scale effects to macroscopic world)
it suggests that the physical “strings” (i.e., bodies) of the Jesuits and the “energy strings” representing the house’s physical matter) were either transformed at the moment of the blast into an opposing energy field (to cancel the weapon effects and then transformed back on a time scale totally imperceptible to humans) or an enormous external force field was present which precisely cancelled the weapon’s effects over the totally irregular geometry of the residential house including protecting the occupants. Either way it is a plausibility argument for the existence of a Creator who left his “calling card” at Hiroshima.

I would be interested to read what Humphreys and event_horizon have to say about this event.

Here are a few more links on the topic.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/feature ... omic-bomb/

http://www.asktheatheists.com/questions ... omic-bomb/
OraProNobis

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:37 am

Sure, it is not proof of anything.

You knew I was going to say that, right?

Seriously though, in any given event where a very large number of people are involved, a selection of people are going to be very unlucky, and a selection are going to be very lucky.

These people were obviously very lucky.

As for the comments:

Of course the secular scientists are speechless and incredulous at this explanation - and they are sure there is some "real" explanation - but at the same time over 55 years later the scientists are still absolutely bamboozled when it comes to finding a plausible scenario to explain the missionary's unique escape from the hellish power of that bomb.

Um, which secular scientists exactly have said they are speechless?

Which scientists have attempted to explain it and have admitted they are bamboozled?

Conclusion: There are no physical laws to explain why the Jesuits were untouched in the Hiroshima airblast. There is no other actual or test data where a structure such as this was not totally destroyed at this standoff distance by an atomic weapon.

That conclusion is not grounded in reality, and there are precious few real world examples of atomic bombs going off to compare against.

I know of a guy who fell from a plane at a ridiculous height and somehow managed to walk away untouched. Odds are vastly in favour of him dying in that situation, but he was astoundingly lucky. It happens.

How many people begged and prayed to God to be saved and died anyway?

You now get to come on, roll your eyes, and tell me that I'm just ignoring the truth, but you present these cases as if you think atheists have never heard of such tales.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:46 am

Did you ever hear about the story of a church getting hit by lightning and burning down? Incredibly bad luck.

If extremely good luck is evidence that God is real, can I present cases of horrendously bad things happening to the devout as evidence that atheism is true?

In a very recent story, a footballer called Fabrice Muamba had a heart attack on the pitch on live TV, and people started to pray for his survival. One woman was in church, praying for him. She was in her mid thirties, and she died of a heart attack right there and then.

Why would God do such a thing?
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:27 am

How do you explain an airline crash that killed everyone except an infant who did not have a scratch? That is a true story, not a made up hypothetical. Can you proove saying the Rosary, did not have anything to do with their survival, or just your belief?
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 am

greeney2 wrote:How do you explain an airline crash that killed everyone except an infant who did not have a scratch? That is a true story, not a made up hypothetical. Can you proove saying the Rosary, did not have anything to do with their survival, or just your belief?

Back to requesting we prove a negative again, greeney? Do you never learn?

The baby was astoundingly lucky, others are not so, like the heart attack victim who died praying in church. Many plane crashes have no survivors, many have everyone survive, and others have something in between.

Why should we treat this as anything other than chance?

What about the child's parents who were probably begging God to save them, along with everyone else on the plane? God didn't see fit to let them live? What about the babies who do die in plane crashes? Or the babies who die at birth, or from cancer, etc. What of them?

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Did the heart attack victim have heart disease or just unlucky? Why were 150 on that plane unlucky and only the infant a few months old Lucky? It is not about proving a negative, it is a intangable thing that can not be subject to a scientic test that can quantify or measure, like the concept of Love.
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:04 pm

greeney2 wrote:Did the heart attack victim have heart disease or just unlucky?

I have no idea whether she had heart disease but God's choice of letting her die right there so young would have to be considered a sick joke at best.

greeney2 wrote:Why were 150 on that plane unlucky and only the infant a few months old Lucky?

Exactly! This is the question you should be asking yourself, not me. The answer for me is that's the way of the world, you win some, you lose some, and God doesn't decide which.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Many people have diseases that are young and die, so now God exists in your mind to have caused that? I would say a scientist would laugh at you for concluding the one infant survivor only survived by luck, and the all 150 others happened to all have bad luck, on the same day, at the same time. Not a very logical conclusion from such a critical thinking mind.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

The way most of us Christians generally go about this kind of stuff is, everything that comes to pass is ORDAINED by God. That doesn't mean He causes it directly. He simply ordains it and uses the event for a greater good. The most aggregious, horrible, heinous act you can think of, cannot happen without God having known beforehand and by allowing it to happen, ordaining it. But you can't hold Him directly responsible as the direct cause. That goes beyond the bounds of logic. And besides, if you want to hold God ultimately responsible for all things, which you can and I encourage, then you need to think of all the wonderful things that anyone has done and give him credit for that too.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby OraProNobis » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:31 pm

frrostedman wrote:The way most of us Christians generally go about this kind of stuff is, everything that comes to pass is ORDAINED by God. That doesn't mean He causes it directly. He simply ordains it and uses the event for a greater good. The most aggregious, horrible, heinous act you can think of, cannot happen without God having known beforehand and by allowing it to happen, ordaining it. But you can't hold Him directly responsible as the direct cause. That goes beyond the bounds of logic. And besides, if you want to hold God ultimately responsible for all things, which you can and I encourage, then you need to think of all the wonderful things that anyone has done and give him credit for that too.

I have to say I absolutely disagree with that viewpoint. God gives us free will , and it breaks His heart that we refuse to accept and act in His love. There is no way possible God would be "ordaining" the rape of small children, but yes, He has allowed certain events to happen.

These events are not "ordained" , but allowed because of the gift of free will. Many things have not been allowed because of the gift of graces granted through prayer, which is also by free will.
OraProNobis

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts