The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Who are the actual haters?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby OraProNobis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:25 pm

humphreys wrote:If anyone can do an IP check I'd be quite interested to know if Ora and orangetom are the same person.

:lol: That is an insult to orangetom. He is of much finer intellect and insight than myself.

I'll take it as a compliment though. I admire him a great deal.

But no..we're not the same person. For starters, I am female . You can tell by our posts that he is more educated, and much more eloquent at delivering his thoughts than I am .

I'm going to assume that was a joke Humphreys, because I expected more insight from you as well. :eh:
OraProNobis

Postby humphreys » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:33 pm

OraProNobis wrote:
humphreys wrote:If anyone can do an IP check I'd be quite interested to know if Ora and orangetom are the same person.

:lol: That is an insult to orangetom. He is of much finer intellect and insight than myself.

Don't be so hard on yourself, I think you're every bit as intelligent as orangetom! :thumbup:
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:11 pm

OraProNobis wrote:

I'll take it as a compliment though. I admire him a great deal.

But no..we're not the same person. For starters, I am female . You can tell by our posts that he is more educated, and much more eloquent at delivering his thoughts than I am .

I'm going to assume that was a joke Humphreys, because I expected more insight from you as well. :eh:

Since he is the only guilty one, yes it will now become just a joke. People in glass houses should not cast stones.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:28 pm

humphreys wrote:
OraProNobis wrote:

Don't be so hard on yourself, I think you're every bit as intelligent as orangetom! :thumbup:

Why thank you OraProNobis but I am going to have to disagree with you and state that I find your posts to be every bit as thoughtful and intellectual as anyone out here.

However ...I find myself at a quandry in having to agree with Humphrys here. But what I consider true is true whether we find it palatable or not. And I must in truth agree here with Humphreys and salute him for his plainess of speech.

For I appreciate your posts very much. Keep up the good work.

Ohhh...and one more thing...

This for when you watch or listen to the news or watch the news on television.

Notice the abscence of this view of which I spoke in an earlier post.

That the media do not present this undertanding to you for your examination...even the fabled Fox News.

I happen to have the very different view and thought ...that people are so much more than their sex and sexuality.

For a people to boast of themselves using their sex and sexualty is the height of stupidity and ignorance. And by this I mean both heteros and homos.

When you become familiar and fluent in this line of thinking...much of the drama and emotions out here on many topics begins to fade away in its significance and you realize ...the King is Naked..The King has on no clothes.
The issues become themselves...stupid. Not intelligent, reasonable, or logical.

The issues can , however, become very emotional..so guard your emotions very carefully on these things. For the Word does not give us instructions to become an emotional drama queen....we are to reason together.

I am very gratified to know that someone else out here understands it for what it is. For there are so few now days who do.
My heartfelt thanks for your support and understanding. It can indeed seem like a wasteland out here at times.

In His Name,

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby OraProNobis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:21 pm

orangetom wrote:

The issues can , however, become very emotional..so guard your emotions very carefully on these things. For the Word does not give us instructions to become an emotional drama queen....we are to reason together.

I appreciate the wisdom you give , and I pray that these words will come to mind in the future, when needed most to be remembered.

Again thank you.

Also considering your words on the sexuality of people and what really makes up people, (being they are so much more than their sexuality) here is a small excerpt from a message given to someone from the Virgin Mary . The whole message was about young people, and how they have been robbed of a good foundation in faith and God, and have wasted good relationships that could have been good marriages, by promiscuity. These words next stuck out , concerning what you have to say on the topic of sexuality.

Relationships based upon bodily pleasure are too superficial to be good soil for a lifelong marriage.

here is a link to the whole page of messages to young souls.

http://www.locutions.org/tag/locutions-to-the-world/
OraProNobis

Postby frrostedman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:18 pm

I doubt it's the case. Orangetom is a straight-up Reformed Christian like me. Ora is quite different. There are some similarities but, other than the denominator of biblical belief, the similarities are coincidental, I'm sure.

Orangetom: In your last lengthy post, I think you mean to say "Humanist" instead of "humanitarian," right? The Humanist people are pretty much exclusively Atheist and they promote mankind as the only "god" we can depend upon or will ever need. Humanitarian people can be anyone--including a Christian, an Atheist, an Agnostic, a Muslim, even a "Humanist"--who does something to benefit others out of genuine concern for the well-being of others.

Giving blood at the local Red Cross; serving food to the poor at the local food shelter; these are typical humanitarian acts.

Tearing down Christian monuments in the public square; putting banners on buses mocking belief in the bible; writing books promoting mankind and denouncing spiritual beliefs; these are typical "Humanist" acts.

Humanists can be humanitarians, and humanitarians can be Humanists, but, the two groups don't necessarily intermingle.

I generally put the word "Humanist" in quotes because many who belong to this group tout themselves as being pro mankind--while at the same time they treat believers like dogs. "Humanist" is a title and for many people who sport it--their actions ironically exclude themselves from the beliefs the title is supposed to represent.

Ha. It occurs to me in that last sentence... I could replace the word "Humanist" with "Church-going Christian" and it would still make sense.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:32 pm

OraProNobis wrote:......... excerpt from a message given to someone from the Virgin Mary . The whole message was about young people, and how they have been robbed of a good foundation in faith and God, and have wasted good relationships that could have been good marriages, by promiscuity. These words next stuck out , concerning what you have to say on the topic of sexuality.

This reminds me of something I was thinking about today. Most of my childhood, my sister and I ended up raising ourselves. The parents either weren't around, or, in my Mother's case, weren't alive to even be around. I was basically raised by a video game console, and whatever *I* thought was correct. It's no wonder it took me til the age of 36 to even have a mind penetrable or mature enough to accomodate for rebirth and Christian transformation. Then again Christ can penetrate even the thickest of armors around our hearts and minds.. but I digress. Anyway, I grew up extremely, extremely naive. I did some really stupid things even in young adulthood that most people with any common sense would know better than to do. But it wasn't because I meant anyone any harm or was intentionally being rude... I just simply didn't know better. And that's because I lacked any foundation on proper social behavior... which goes back to my childhood, etc. etc.

Anyway my point is, I think most of today's younger generation was brought up the same way, and the problem is escalating. Kids these days---many parents both work stressful full time jobs... and they throw all the latest gadgets at the kids to keep them occupied.

And what you see today with all the kids saying it is a basic human right for their government to provide them all the tools they need to have constant permiscuous sex.... my first thought is what a bunch of rude, self-entitled jerks these people are. But then all I have to do is remember how I was raised and then I realize... they just don't know any better.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:20 am

OraProNobis,

Thanks to you for these wise words.

Relationships based upon bodily pleasure are too superficial to be good soil for a lifelong marriage.

I have seen ample evidence on a personal level to know this is true for many many peoples.

It also brings to mind an observation from a woman much older than me and many years ago and also for which I have seen with mine own eyes and soul.

What this older woman taught me, may she rest in Peace, is that our children today are being heavily bombarded with this Worldly template of bodily pleasure and superficiality. Her words were to the effect that our children have no time to be just children anymore. They seem to be rushed from being youngsters to being grown up..or at least the "Appearance " of being grown up...meaning they become good consumers. They don't seem to know that they are consuming each other.

Thank you also for reminding me of what the olde woman taught me.

Frostedman,

Yes indeed... and my thanks to you also for spotting and correcting me on this.

I think you mean to say "Humanist" instead of "humanitarian," right?

As I recall..one of the videos I posted about the Atheist meeting of recent ..the kiosk in the background...the poster hung behind it said "Humanist."

Thanks again for helping me clear that up Frostedman.

Oh...and this ....

And what you see today with all the kids saying it is a basic human right for their government to provide them all the tools they need to have constant permiscuous sex.... my first thought is what a bunch of rude, self-entitled jerks these people are. But then all I have to do is remember how I was raised and then I realize... they just don't know any better.

I agree with your position here but reading this has caused me to go down another trail. But alas...the time window is closing on me here. I will try to get my thoughts together on this and get back to you for my comments on it.

My thanks also to all for their posts,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts