The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

thought(s) of the day...favorite quotes

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:34 am

Halfabo wrote:
frrostedman wrote:No offense Ricardo. Seriously. But I'm going through these quotes and my immediate thought is... "Mr. Gyatso... tell us something we DON'T already know."

I have found greater wisdom in the works of Will Rogers and Mark Twain than I ever found from any eastern philosopher.

Amen to THAT. (though admittedly I am not familiar with the works of Will Rogers... Twain, that's another story. He was brilliant.)
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:27 am

frrostedman wrote:
Halfabo wrote:
frrostedman wrote:No offense Ricardo. Seriously. But I'm going through these quotes and my immediate thought is... "Mr. Gyatso... tell us something we DON'T already know."

I have found greater wisdom in the works of Will Rogers and Mark Twain than I ever found from any eastern philosopher.

Amen to THAT. (though admittedly I am not familiar with the works of Will Rogers... Twain, that's another story. He was brilliant.)

"There are three kinds of men. Those who learn by reason, those who learn by observation and the rest of them that have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR_VAirKE9I
Halfabo

Postby ricardo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:07 am

frrostedman wrote:
Halfabo wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
halfabo/ frost,
im sure my comments/ quotes don't appeal to everyone ... but I do like
your idea. I'll amend the thread to be inclusive of your little gems of wisdom
that include 'peeing on fences.' I rather like that one and can relate. I have ruff edges and I'm sorry if my comments about religions have offended. but I still feel Catholics are a repressed bunch. ' word ' I love em jus the same.
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 am

" know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred
battles w/ out disaster. "

sun wu tzu
ricardo

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:35 pm

United with his fellow-men by the strongest of all ties, the tie of a common doom, the free man finds that a new vision is with him always, shedding over every daily task the light of love. The life of Man is a long march through the night, surrounded by invisible foes, tortured by weariness and pain, towards a goal that few can hope to reach, and where none may tarry long. One by one, as they march, our comrades vanish from our sight, seized by the silent orders of omnipotent Death. Very brief is the time in which we can help them, in which their happiness or misery is decided. Be it ours to shed sunshine on their path, to lighten their sorrows by the balm of sympathy, to give them the pure joy of a never-tiring affection, to strengthen failing courage, to instil faith in hours of despair. Let us not weigh in grudging scales their merits and demerits, but let us think only of their need -- of the sorrows, the difficulties, perhaps the blindnesses, that make the misery of their lives; let us remember that they are fellow-sufferers in the same darkness, actors in the same tragedy as ourselves. And so, when their day is over, when their good and their evil have become eternal by the immortality of the past, be it ours to feel that, where they suffered, where they failed, no deed of ours was the cause; but wherever a spark of the divine fire kindled in their hearts, we were ready with encouragement, with sympathy, with brave words in which high courage glowed.
-- Bertrand Russell
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby ricardo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:01 am

Halfabo wrote:
frrostedman wrote:"Some people will believe anything if it's put in quotes and authored by someone with an Oriental-sounding name."

- anonymous

Yep. That quote was written by Fu Ling Yu.

no I think it was. ' fu yu tu ' hahahahah I caught it. better late than never

right ? :wall:
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:59 am

" we often talk about moral values justice and trust, but the most important
thing is to put them into effect in our everyday lives."

HHDL
Dalai lama
ricardo

Postby OraProNobis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:39 pm

frrostedman wrote:"Some people will believe anything if it's put in quotes and authored by someone with an Oriental-sounding name."

- anonymous

:lol: That one is rather priceless . I'd like to give anonymous a hug.. :)
OraProNobis

Postby OraProNobis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:40 pm

ricardo wrote:" we often talk about moral values justice and trust, but the most important
thing is to put them into effect in our everyday lives."

HHDL
Dalai lama

:thumbup: so true..love that one.

Most of them are good actually.

Just had to chuckle at frossteman's reply, it was too cute to ignore. :lol:
OraProNobis

Postby ricardo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 pm

salam alaikum - an most notable quote from sheikha mayassa (QATAR)
(gives reason to hope)

" art - even controversial art-

can unlock communication

between diverse nations."
ricardo

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts