The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Who are the actual haters?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:15 pm

greeney2 wrote:The truth hurts, and the truth is exactly what OraProNobis stated, which I have said for a long time.

"Truth" and "OraProNobis" in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

greeney2 wrote:The real haters distort the facts or situation.

They aren't deliberately trying to "distort" anything. They are just emotional responses.

You turn people into "haters" when you come out and make a broad sweeping statement against a certain group of people. Calling homosexuality "destructive" is certainly going to piss those people off. How can anyone expect anything positive to come out of it?...especially when the belief itself comes from your bigoted religion.

Exactly how is homosexuality "destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization"? Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of man (it's part of the foundation), so that statement is pure idiocy.

Looks like Kirk Cameron is still going through growing pains. He's too blind to see just how destructive his own religion is.

I'm heterosexual and I say -- what consenting adults do with themselves behind closed doors is nobody else's business...and it certainly has no effect on the wellbeing of others.

With all the priests having sexual relations with boys, the hypocrisy of it all is startling.

And I'm sure Ora would get a boner in his pants if he saw 2 women getting it on. :oops: :shh:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:36 pm

event_horizon wrote:You turn people into "haters" when you come out and make a broad sweeping statement against a certain group of people.

event_horizon wrote:...there are millions of fools that donate to [Christian churches] because they think they can buy their way into Fantasyland.

event_horizon wrote:But all in all, both [Christians and Muslims] are losers.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Humans contradicting themselves... go figure :D
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 pm

frrostedman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:...there are millions of fools that donate to [Christian churches] because they think they can buy their way into Fantasyland.

Well, it's true. :mrgreen:

frrostedman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:But all in all, both [Christians and Muslims] are losers.

To put it back into context, this is the full quote:

event_horizon wrote:As far as the physical religious war in the Middle East is concerned...looks like, for the moment, the Christians are winning. But all in all, both sides are losers.

They're fighting over who's got the best invisible man -- yes, that makes them both Losers.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:24 pm

event_horizon wrote:
frrostedman wrote:

Well, it's true. :mrgreen:

It's a lie and that makes you a liar. Ok, gotta go back to ignore mode... just wanted to set the record straight.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby event_horizon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:27 pm

frrostedman wrote:It's a lie and that makes you a liar. Ok, gotta go back to ignore mode... just wanted to set the record straight.

Prove it. Don't mouth off then run away with your tail between your legs.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:30 pm

The proof is in the pudding

post103284.html#p103284

And then he takes a play from the believer playbook and says the context is important...
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm

event_horizon wrote:
frrostedman wrote:It's a lie and that makes you a liar. Ok, gotta go back to ignore mode... just wanted to set the record straight.

Ironic.

An Atheist demanding a Christian prove a negative.

You made the claim.

I'll prove my negative right after you prove yours. Prove that God doesn't exist.

(oh, let me guess, a link to your 53 proofs website?) :liar: :roll:

Ta ta now... just feeling froggy tonight, plus there's only 1 other civil poster on line at the moment so you were the benefactor of my ennui. Consider yourself fortunate. 8-)
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm

at1with0 wrote:The proof is in the pudding

post103284.html#p103284

And then he takes a play from the believer playbook and says the context is important...

Keep that link handy. Bookmark it. ;)
frrostedman

Postby event_horizon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 pm

frrostedman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:

Ironic.

An Atheist demanding a Christian prove a negative.

You made the claim.

To be more realistic, I'd say most of them donate to their church to get brownie points from their "God". Odds are some of them are doing it out the goodness of their heart. Obviously it's something that can't be proven. It's just a hunch, based on the selfish nature of most humans.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts