The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Myth of Militant Atheism

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby humphreys » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 am

Oh be nice you big silly!
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:10 am

Enough! :hand:

Though I know your personal ... "inclinations" get the better of you at times... if you would, please refrain from posting your softcore pron in the form of scantily clad "construction workers." I'm sure it makes you long for the days of Village People.

*** disclaimer
This is for reference purposes only.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby humphreys » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:17 am

Here's a clip to get that last image out of your head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:31 am

uh... yeah. Image

let's cleanse the palate, shall we?

I luvz me sum prophetic reggaeton!
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby humphreys » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:50 am

I kinda love that song now :thumbup:

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:20 pm

humphreys wrote:I kinda love that song now :thumbup:

I hate the dopey feedback in the beginning, but, it's the only rendition of the video without this other cheezy song mixed in with it. It's the pick of the litter I guess. :thumbup:
frrostedman

Postby event_horizon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:24 pm

frrostedman wrote:
greeney2 wrote:You mean the imaginary religous war?

The religious war is very real. But little do the militant atheists know, they are fighting a losing battle.

Well, seeing how the percentage of atheists has been on the rise the past 20 years or so, I'd say we're winning. :P

As far as the physical religious war in the Middle East is concerned...looks like, for the moment, the Christians are winning. But all in all, both sides are losers.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts