The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Prometheus

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby WarAngel » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:25 pm

event_horizon wrote:You could be right though...maybe LV-426 was another planet that had nothing to do with us, and was just a botched mission. It's an interesting thought.

As stated above it's reported to be the same star system. Taken exactly as worded there is the possibility of a different planet or moon, but still being LV-426 is a possibility. Just another wait and see thing I guess. The derelict from Alien could have been there for a long time and even the Space Jockeys forgot about it.

You could be right about the Atmosphere Processor being what made it different. They never did explain how they worked in any great detail. However the climate was pretty bad in the first film. When they're walking to the derelict the wind is blowing quite fiercely and there doesn't seem to be as much in Prometheus. Maybe it has something like a "windy season" or the climate is affected by it's orbital location.

On a slightly related note I found this on the AVP

Influenced by the work of Erich von Däniken, Anderson researched Däniken's theories on how he believed early civilizations were able to construct massive pyramids with the help of aliens, an idea drawn from Aztec mythology.

Incorporating the traditional Ancient Astronaut theory is a great idea. :thumbup: I wonder what it would be like if the Space Jockey race's name is Anunnaki. :think: The film seems to be saying either that or it's just what we Humans call them.

If this were the case then maybe they worked in the Humans made to mine gold and the ship was on course to wipe out the slave population until a Facehugger got loose and crashed it on LV-426 to be found by the Nostromo and possibly Prometheus crews. This might work into the line about searching for our beginnings could lead to our end.

Why do we have to wait so long for this movie to come out. :thumbdown: The more teaser stuff I see the more I want to see the actual film. We're coming up with so many possibilities and we need answers.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 pm

I know man...all this speculation is killing me! :lol:

And when it finally does come out, we still won't get all the answers. I read that the ending will be open-ended, and Ridley talks about making a sequel...in which we'll probably have to wait at least another 3 years. :Doh:

As far as the quote from AvP...I'm sure Ridley is looking to stay far, far away from that universe. Both he and James Cameron are appalled at those films, probably more so than they are with 'Alien3' and 'Alien: Resurrection'.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 am

Something just occurred to me. :think: In Aliens "The Company" while seeming to dismiss Ripley's claims about the alien they sure get a mission going in a hurry when things go bad. If they truly didn't believe her then sending Marines would be too costly to the bottom line. It's like they knew what was there and had happened. So I'm thinking someone from Prometheus (probably Meredith Vickers) sends a message back to Earth about all the goodies that can exploited for profit. I also wonder if the colonists were sent there with the intent on being Xenomorph kibble. Even at a small estimate
"40-50 families" could be 120 people.

Another thing is Ash seemed to be on the Nostromo for a reason. Dallas tells Ripley he was a last minute choice which is convenient considering the timing. It's been awhile since I've watched the films but Ash seems to know about the Aliens already. Meaning he'd have to get that from somewhere. Seems like something else that will be explored in Prometheus or a potential sequel.

I'm also going to take an educated guess and say that this film will follow previous ones in that at best only a few will survive, possibly even just one, likely Vickers. Although I think they've done that theme too many times already.

As for the newer films not being as good I admit when I first read that AVP was going to take place near Antarctica and in present day I thought the idea was bad, however it did better than I thought. In the event of a new film it should definitely be set post Resurrection. Perhaps use the "game preserve" from Preditors and see if they actors will come back. Either way I want to see a return of the Aliens and them fighting Humans and I hope they're not trying to reboot the franchise.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Nah...I don't think the company knew about it. If they did, it would've been much safer for them to just go there and bring back a few eggs, rather than make it way more dangerous by creating hundreds of xenomorphs. Not sure what would be the point of that.

I still think they had no clue about it until Ripley arrived back at the space station. After hearing Ripley's story, Burke sent Newt's parents to the ship to check it out, perhaps thinking that he could get in on the reward for the find.

And I think Ash was just doing what the company ordered him to do in the event they ran across an extraterrestrial life form -- bring it back at all costs, even if having to make the crew expendable.

I like AvP but I wouldn't mind seeing an Alien 5 someday. If somebody can write a good script, they should do it.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:31 am

event_horizon wrote:I like AvP but I wouldn't mind seeing an Alien 5 someday. If somebody can write a good script, they should do it.

If and hopefully when they do an Alien 5 they should use one of the previously discarded ideas. A crew be exploring deep space and find a pyramid with eggs in it, adding Prometheus elements of Space Jockey looking structures, writing etc. Then either in the same film or a next one use the first Alien 3 script with modifications. Newt and Hicks would of course be dead but Ripley 8 could be brought in as a super weapon.

This could then lead to the aliens getting to many planets instead of being confined to one location then wiped out.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:31 pm

WarAngel wrote:This could then lead to the aliens getting to many planets instead of being confined to one location then wiped out.

If the Space Jockeys are responsible for creating the xenomorphs, then it's conceivable that many planets could already be infested with them. The Derelict on LV-426 could just be one failed mission out of many successful ones.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:28 pm

They've stated that the Xenomorphs will not be in this film. So then what decapitated the Space Jockey? Was it another of it's kind in a fight or an unseen Xenomorph that either remains hidden or has been killed?
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:16 pm

I guess we'll find out in 2 months. :wall:
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 am

event_horizon wrote:I guess we'll find out in 2 months. :wall:

Hopefully it's only that. With the rumor of the ending being "open ended." It could be longer. I'll second your wait smilie with one of my own. :wall:

But no doubt there will be speculation by the characters about what happened. Probably when they take the head up to the ship for study. If the cut is clean I'm going to guess it was a xenomorph that we just won't see.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Come to think of it...it couldn't have been done by a xenomorph because decapitating its prey would be counterproductive. It needs the heads so Facehuggers can lay their eggs inside hosts, and to keep the hosts alive during the incubation process.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts