The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

In case you did not know..

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lightwolf » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:24 am

The BEST and EASIEST way to avoid being bitten (or eaten) by a vicious, leaping, snarling, long necked Snapping Turtle is quite simple...

Don't f*ck with it

Live and learn :Doh:

Lightwolf
When I die...I want to go peacefully in my sleep...like my Grandfather did...not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Lightwolf

Postby Cole_Trickle » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Years ago 20 or so, I told a co-worker about what was then called NOODLIN. :lol:

A Hillbilly fishing technique where the fisherman/hunter would find a large snapper hole with his/her hand and then grab the tail of the beast and yank it from the hole.

The co-worker did the usual ( called me a nut and walked away shaking his head and muttering to himself under his breath ) :lol: :lol: Then about a week or so later, I received a call from someone looking for a new pick-up, guy from Kentucky near to Leitchfield Nolin Lake area....I know that area too well.... anyway this guy was a Noodler.. LOL..Hand two fingers missing and a large chunk of forearm flesh, along with a few less severe scars from battles with these snappers. :lol: :lol:

I introduce this gentleman to my co-worker and the rest is history.....No pun intended but doesn't the History channel run a show about a form of NOODLIN involving Hillbilly catfisherman...It's basically the very same thing only a bit safer. :lol: :lol:

Let me tell you about the Nolin Lake region of Central Kentucky....when you've the time...Dry counties rule when it comes to illegal fun of all sorts. :o :o I've seen things most here would never ever believe exists....trust me.....they do, even 20 years on....Lot's of Feds roam the area....looking for bootleggers,and recruiting God fearing folks for all sorts of unsavory activity. ;) ;) ;)

I once did some business with one such fellow, something I'll never ever forget.

The Noodlin....and the Snappers......much agree best steer clear if you've know knowledge of how easily they can, and will remove a few fingers in very short order. :shock:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Lightwolf » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:22 am

Love to hear about Nolin Lake Cole...anytime! :D

Knew about Noodlin, a cousin of mine in VA just loves to fish that way...despite only having three fingers on his left hand...knucklehead

By the way...were you aware that those damn Snappers (or at least the mutant I was dealing with) can leap five freaking feet in the air!!? S.O.B. damn near got my nose! Like I said :lol: the best way to avoid pain is stay the hell away from them :lol:

Lightwolf
When I die...I want to go peacefully in my sleep...like my Grandfather did...not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Lightwolf

Postby bionic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:04 am

Lightwolf wrote:The BEST and EASIEST way to avoid being bitten (or eaten) by a vicious, leaping, snarling, long necked Snapping Turtle is quite simple...

Don't f*ck with it

Live and learn :Doh:

Lightwolf

:lol:
Ouch
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts