The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

God Is Imaginary: Notice Your Church (Proof #20)

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:55 pm

humphreys wrote:I am sure if God wants me to come to him, he's quite capable of causing that anyway, and will not wait for a prayer from you. If he has his plan, it seems unlikely he would change that based on your request.

Seems you know more about God than some of us give you credit. Right on all counts. Yet still, I'm sure orapronobis is just trying to do the right thing.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby OraProNobis » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 am

Humphreys wrote:

A difference is made through hard work, not prayer.

I am sure if God wants me to come to him, he's quite capable of causing that anyway, and will not wait for a prayer from you. If he has his plan, it seems unlikely he would change that based on your request.

A difference is made both through prayer and works.
" More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of"

Perhaps it is in Gods plan that we pray for souls who have yet to acknowledge His existence and His salvation , through the cross. Perhaps it is in His plans that souls are saved through the prayers of the faithful ?

We will ALL find out at some point, how our prayers have effected the reality of events .

I believe strongly the prayers of others have effected my life. I think in time we will know, and the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth to those open to the truth.
OraProNobis

Postby greeney2 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:39 am

Right on orapronobis! Its a moving thing when you know that prayers from others have affected your life. Humphreys doesn't get it at all, he has proof prayers do not work. :oops:
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 am

greeney2 wrote:Right on orapronobis! Its a moving thing when you know that prayers from others have affected your life.

How do you know that, then?

Let me guess, you "just do".

If there was any affect, the affect would be from being told you were prayed for, rather than the prayer itself - a placebo, like a sugar pill. Whatever comforts you though, eh.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:41 am

Why don't you just tell us how you know just being told about prayer has the affect, and not the prayers?

greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:22 pm

greeney2 wrote:Boo hoo your church proof fissiled out and morphed into a prayer argument. Guess the proof was pretty stupid afterall, it lost attention from the first page. :boohoo: Oh well, you still have 52 more. I mean 49 more, plus 3 bonus proofs. :lol:

On the contrary, it was agreed on, then we all moved on.

Sorry, you lose...again. :lol: :oops:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 pm

greeney2 wrote:Why don't you just tell us how you know just being told about prayer has the affect, and not the prayers?

How do you know that when you fart, there's not a fairy up your ass doing the farting? :crazy:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby humphreys » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:04 pm

greeney2 wrote:Why don't you just tell us how you know just being told about prayer has the affect, and not the prayers?

Event put it pretty perfectly, I think.

Until someone finds the fairy and proves he's farting, it's probably just your arse :thumbup:

How about you prove those fairies don't exist? :lol:
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby khanster » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Define God as that which nothing greater can be conceived

That which exists in reality is greater than that which exists in the imagination

God exists in the imagination

But that which exists in reality is greater than that which exists in the imagination

Since God is that which nothing greater can be conceived and that which exists in reality is greater than that which exists in the imagination, God must also exist in reality as well as the imagination

There can be only one greatest possible "THAT" :D
khanster

Postby Halfabo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:47 pm

humphreys wrote:
Event put it pretty perfectly, I think.

Until someone finds the fairy and proves he's farting, it's probably just your arse :thumbup:

How about you prove those fairies don't exist? :lol:

Proof or no proof, I'm still going to blame someone else. Especially on a crowded elevator. :sick:
Halfabo

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts