The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

No, This is why we need guns!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 20, 2009 8:31 am

Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:29 am

Probably a perfect case for murder, he was on the outside of the house. Like they say if you shoot um, better be sure they fall inside the door.

On a very serious note, my friends parents herd a prowler on their back patio, and the prowler was trying to open their sliding glass door. Their yard was fenced and gated and they lived on a culdesac street. It was about 2-3 am! He could have easily shot him, but he didn't, and it turned out to be their neighbor, very drunk and very disorientated, had gone to the wrong house and thought he was in his own back yard.

That is the reality of having loaded guns around, as Dark tried to point out on the similar thread. Fact is, more times than not, tragic accidents occur instead of a real bad guy getting what he deserves. I'm not saying don't be armed, I;m saying better keep a very clear head.

The sad truth about your senerio is that the woman probably would be doing a lot of explaining, because your film doesn;t actually show more than touching and turning the knob, but it does show the lights and wires being cut. All the cops know is they have a dead body, and a story, that better be irrefutable.
greeney2

Postby Lashmar » Wed May 20, 2009 9:34 am

agreed their G2.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Wed May 20, 2009 1:06 pm

LOL!

That was too funny.

But yeah. The guy wasn't inside the house, but if someone cut the power in my house and was on their way I would probably be pretty nervous and might make that same mistake. I'm unsure of whether or not you're allowed to kill someone who is breaking into your house or not.. I bet with an expensive lawyer you could.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:34 pm

You would need that expensive lawyer if this ended the way the video showed. If the guy broke the door and was on the way in, than you are within your rights.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Wed May 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Oh for sure, I knew that already. If he isn't inside and you assault him you can be liable..
But if they could prove he cut your power... Then you might be on to something, I don't know.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Actually, it depends on the state, city, county you live in.

There was a story I read, over 15 years ago, about a guy who lived in a suburb of Seattle. He had just gotten an alarm system put in his house, after being broke into. He came home one day and caught some kids in his house. They ran out the back door. One of them he shot in his back in the guys back yard. When it all came to trial, the owner was innocent of any wrong doing.

As far as the claim:

Fact is, more times than not, tragic accidents occur instead of a real bad guy getting what he deserves.

I'd like to see where you're getting this opinion from.

The fact is that doctors kill more people every year than guns. So do prescription pills when taken as prescribed.

There was a website I used to read that was libertarian. Daily, there would be an article about somebody who prevented a crime because the potential victim had a gun. Then there are all those times where a gun owner prevented a crime by having one, but that isn't news worthy.

The anti-gun propaganda is based on lies, assumptions and distorted data. If you want real data about guns vs. crime, read the book by Lott, "More Guns, Less Crime".
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 am

But we are talking about guns now not homocidal doctors... :roll: ;)
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Mr_Headshot » Thu May 21, 2009 8:24 am

Yeah, here in OK if they're on your property you can killem as long as they're a threat to you or your family.
Mr_Headshot

Postby greeney2 » Thu May 21, 2009 9:48 am

Its the "threat to your family", you have to proove when all the cops see is a dead body and your story.

Nasaie I have a nearly identical story that occured on Rinaldi St in Granada Hills. A home had been broken into 6 times, and the homeowner was tired of it. One day he was home and was armed and ready, and again he got broken into. This time he got into a fight, the burgler got away, ran out the front door and down the steet. He persued the guy running after him, until he shot the guy who died on the sidewalk.

Guess what happened? The home owner was prosocuted for murder and lost because he was no longer in danger when the guy ran. He was no longer a mortal threat, and they saw it as the homeowner becoming the aggressor. Thats the law unfortunatly in many states.

Remember the story about the lunitic who got off the freeway, found a Jewish school, went in a killed bunch of children? This insodent occured within walking distance of that school.
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts