The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

favorite firearms...

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby ricardo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:47 pm

cole thanks for your opinion I appreciate it . always welcome. I have a semi auto pistol for you to look at . tell me what you think. ill post it when I find it.
it's used by a few special forces and maybe the secret service .
muzzle velocities are that of an rifle. can punch through vests w/ the correct ammo. ( high mag capacity) the russian will know. ( dmitri)

The FN 5.7
ricardo

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 am

5.7 is a very nasty piece of work. Most gun control orgs love to target it ( mostly out of ignorance ) which is typical..

anyway I've zero experience with the weapon, and did refresh my memory on their wiki page, extensive I might add.

It's the weapon used in the Ft Hood incident, or should I say, reported to have been used.............I think that picture remains cloudy even to this day.

Yes, some very good pop at the muzzle which is a direct result of the ammo used. Something most people never consider is the fine line between energy at the muzzle as opposed to energy down range at a given point.............very important thing to not only know, but to understand.

Lots of the ammo manufactured for the 5.7 are/is restricted to Military and LE...Avg citizenry is not supposed to be able to purchase and or own certain types of ammo for use in the 5.7...but I'm sure that is of little concern to the avg criminal element within today's society.

Have to check the Laws in regard to pressing one's own 5.7 ammo. ;)

Big weapon...........too difficult to comfortably carry in my personal opinion.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby ricardo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:53 am

I research online too . (Wikipedia ) but theres nothing like hands on

experience. ( I can't discern size online) I'm attracted to the shell capacity and

speed . the read is that it's light too. I image from what your saying its like the

desert eagle 50 cal. (my intent is to be legally compliant) thanks.
ricardo

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Yeah well if you're considering an app for a CC license your best bet is to make sure you not only know your States Laws and Regs in that regard, but have a working understanding of them as well.

Carrying a firearm for personal protection is a big responsibility and not to be taken lightly....like Adam said and I concur 100%, some people have zero business even owing a weapon let alone carrying one.

At first my wife struggled with the idea, now she's comfortable with it. Lately she's experienced a few things that have helped her better understand just how widespread CC is in our local area.

Have a funny story about the last time we went out to dinner.... Hilarious is the only way to describe it.

Training, and lots of it, is a real good idea when it comes to firearm safety....My late Father was my only source of influence when it came to any and all associated with firearms--------------to this day still the very very best with a long gun I've ever seen in person..

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby ricardo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:43 pm

is this the one where he's down on soda because it's cheaper than water ?
I'm down on beer because it's cheaper than soda and water. tfu!
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:54 pm

not every one carries whom has an permit.

nor is a license or permit required for home protection. (most jurisdictions)

so many restricted areas you can carry . I've known several cops and non cops, who jus lock their weapons in their vehicle or leave them at home. it is not worth the hassle .

unlike television land . Not only does a cop rarely fire his handgun on duty.
his gun if unholstered w/ out justification is a violation of the law.

fear of crime far outstrips its presence. ( reality)

cole t. please be more specific . you mentioned certain people should
not have firearms. ? ( this could be a teaching moment )
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:56 pm

I'm in agreement concerning your saftey protocols.

one of the greatest preventions of suicide is not having an handgun available.

the chance of preventing a crime in progress by an armed civilian is slim to none.

the ability to protect oneself from being a victim of a crime is best delt w/

before the need of a firearm becomes imminent.

true or false ...
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 pm

kel tec ksg 15 round duel tube compact shotgun. stocking stuffer for Xmas !
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:29 am

cool stuff.
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:49 pm

excellent shooting dmitri...
ricardo

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts