The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Should the U.S. support Israel vs Iran nuclear program?

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby gudskepteacal » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:15 pm

So we come back to Iran's nuclear program and the threat it poses to Israel and, by extension, the U.S.
Here is an interesting article...

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/2196/iran-n ... ary-action

Public Takes Tough Line on Iran’s Nuclear Program
Support for Obama’s Afghan Troop Pullout

February 15, 2012
PrintEmailShare

Nearly six-in-ten (58%) of Americans say it is important to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons, even if it means taking military action. Just 30% say it is more important to avoid a military conflict with Iran.

When it comes to the possibility that Israel may soon attack Iran's nuclear facilities, as has been reported in news stories, 51% say the U.S. should remain neutral. But for those saying the U.S. should take a position, 39% believe it should support an Israeli attack compared to 5% who say it should oppose such action.

Read the full report for a partisan and demographic breakdown of U.S. public opinion on dealing with Iran. The survey also includes findings on overall public opinion about President Obama's plans for withdrawing troops from Afghanistan as well as an analysis of partisan divisions over his plan.

---------

What is illustrated by this article is the stark division among the American people about crucial decisions of international security; yes, I'm part of the 39% who believe we should stand with Israel against the inevitable Iranian aggression if they should acquire nuclear weapon capability. The fact that fully half of the people(51%) think we should just stay neutral says that many are wary of jumping into any more conflicts in the Middle East(Iraq and Afghanistan wars). Agreement those wars were unwarranted and ill-advised, however, this business with Iran sighting in Israel with a nuclear barrel is, imo, a whole different ballgame. It's no accident we are currently trying to choke off their economic system in attempt to 'bend them to our will'. They are not our friends but enemies and you just don't wait for an enemy to pick up a stick and whack you over the head with it.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:10 am

No.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby OraProNobis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 am

I second the "no" vote by wing_zero
OraProNobis

Postby greeney2 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:07 am

Iran, has to be accountable for their nuclear program to the UN, and not make a mockery of inspections, like they have already. Sanctions should continue, and 2 things should not be tolerated. First any sabor rattling about attacking US ships in the Persian Gulf, and secondly open threats to either Isreal and the USA that provokes military responses. Europe has many countries aligned with Iran not producing any weapons, it is not just the USA and Isreal. Iran is a dangerous threat to Isreal, with its current leaders.
greeney2

Postby ricardo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:14 am

our leverage w/ Israel . support Israel only if they withdrawal from the occupied territories , join NPT and accept the same conditions they/we are attempting to impose on Iran. end the hypocrisy .
ricardo

Postby greeney2 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 pm

In other word abandon them, and back the Muslim nations who hate them!
greeney2

Postby ricardo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10 pm

greeney2 wrote:In other word abandon them, and back the Muslim nations who hate them!

lot of assumptions there g2 . first of all let me state that most people
of the world abhor war. it's their governments whom use this outdated form
of socialization for political ends.

please note Iran has about half a million Jews living among them just as happy as
can be. some, like all people have disagreements on how things are done . but don't we all.

for illustrative purposes ... if israelians started naplming occupied villages
in the Palestinian territories , stealing land and offshore assets belonging
by international law to Palestinians how will Americans vote ? (feel about that)

further the thought g2 and help me understand if their should be limits to our
support of allies ? examples: Egypt turning American supplied weapons on its civilian population. 2) Bahrain turning its weapons on its civilian populations and arresting doctors whom administer care. 3) Syrian regular and special forces
battling it out w/ sectarian divisions (Balklands) counter opposed to major powers
support by proxy.

following an doctrine of convoluted harmony wouldn't it be advisable to target
Syrian guns, tanks, and declare an no fly zone ?
Last edited by ricardo on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:39 pm

through out time the predictability of assurance that come w / linking
governments and allies has an dubious past history.

we have been taken advantage of g2 and I'm not sure by who. ( I have an idea) like a personal relationship sometimes we share goals, but at times these goals my not mesh, ( distance) ( metrics) ( needs and wants) etc...

incursions have been prominate in media control. and oddly given America's history of independence .canadates must vet their admiration of foreign powers before running for office? (thats not the America I grew up with.(see: myth of American dream. )not necessary with so called true allies. the degree of separation is portrayed of recent. but we know better. we've locked and loaded
israelians and bunker busters are ready to go.

Iran has rights to own bombs just like anybody else. dr. ahmadinejad came here in good faith to speak at a college and was humiliated deliberately . he wanted to participate in the laying of the wreath (Jew holocaust )but was denied.
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:20 pm

abandon Israel never... teach them civility yes ! fundamentally we have to do

what is best for America . bottom line. so, we disagree on 'best interests'

how many troops did Israel send to the Iraq confict ?

Kuwait ? Afghanistan ? speaks for itself don't it.?

latest comments from net . help me here . but I thought he referenced Syria ,
intervention ...paraphrase ... no one wants to protect Israel ? of all the nerve!
ricardo

Postby greeney2 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Ricardo first off, I never said anything about a war, or attacking Iran, I said it was they who are provoking any military response with their sabor rattling.

You also need to get your facts straight. Along with many other countries not just Isreal, the use of Napalm was not correct, it was the use of cluster bombs. Isreal never used Napalm at all, they did use White Phosperous weapons, which are tracer rounds, and a few other things using phosperous, that were known to start fires. Hezbolah also used weapons in their missiles that also started fires in Northern Isreal forest areas.

The next thing you need to get your facts straight about is Iran's leader, he was not trying to lay a wreath on the Halicaust memorial, the idiot denies it happened and hosted a convention in Iran for it. He is as anti-semetic as it gets. He was refused to visit, tour, and lay a wreath at the world trade center. His visit proved to be an embarrassment to the University he spoke at, not only to the chancelor of the University, but to the State it is in.
greeney2

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts