The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Iran to Christian: Convert to Islam or Die

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Christian pastor sentenced to death in Iran for refusing to renounce his faith
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:56 AM on 23rd February 2012

A Christian pastor who converted from Islam is to be put to death for leaving Islam following the ruling of an Iranian court, it was reported today.

Youcef Nadarkhani, 34, was arrested more than two years ago on charges of apostasy, and has now been sentenced to death by an Iranian court for refusing to renounce his Christianity, according to the pastor's legal team.

The father-of-two had defied a request by the Gilan provincial court, in Rasht, Iran, to repent, and now faces death by hanging.

Mr Nadarkhani may be executed at any time without warning, as death sentences in Iran can be carried out immediately or dragged out for years.

If the execution goes ahead he would be the first Christian to be officially executed in Iran for religious reasons in 20 years.

The married father-of-two was detained in his home city of Rasht in October 2009, while attempting to register his church.

Supporters of the pastor say he was arrested after questioning the Muslim monopoly on the religious instruction of children in Iran.

Critics have said the execution could be seen as a form of defiance at Western sanctions against Iran in the row over its nuclear agenda.

Jordan Sekulow, executive director of The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), told Fox News: 'This is defiance. They want to say they will carry out what they say they will do.

'The world needs to stand up and say that a man cannot be put to death because of his faith.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... faith.html
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:40 am

It wasn't too long ago I had quite an argument here over the death penalty given for trying to give Christian literature, or spreading Christianity. We are supose to believe the Muslims are a peaceful religion, but one can only be reminded of the beauty pagant comment that infuriated them into riots. And now the riots and killing of 2 service men for the Koran burning. Our President has already given a appology for the burning, however the reasons why they were burned most people do not know. It puts a completly different perspective on why, since prisoners were caught passing messages in the Korans. It is also in their beliefs the proper way to dispose of a Koran, like disposing a tattered Flag is to burn it.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:37 am

On the Koran burnings... yep, and the riots are being fueled by people with political agendas. The hordes of Muslims doing their death chants and going nuts on the camera... they don't even know the facts. They are being used. And like the Conservative party rightly points out... it says a lot about our Commander in Chief Barack Hussein, that he bows to the Muslims and apologizes for something that doesn't even warrant an apology, yet doesn't even request an apology from the Muslims for murdering our servicemen.

I've heard a few people here dismiss worldwide Christian persecution as an exaggarated myth, but, it's quite obiously a real and escalating issue. It's one thing for a country's government to ban Christianity and imprison Christians like in China and N. Korea... but to demand that a Christian renounce their faith and convert to Islam or die? It's not a myth... and it's likely to escalate.

And let's not forget, a significant number of Americans (see Ron Paul supporters and most Progressive Liberals for example), believe there isn't any problem with Iran producing nuclear weapons. Taking this recent story into account, and understanding that these American-radical Muslim sympathizers still have no problem with Iran stockpiling nukes... then I guess they just don't have a major issue with Christians being executed for not converting to Islam.

How pathetic is that. :thumbdown:
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:20 am

Frostedman,

On the Koran burnings... yep, and the riots are being fueled by people with political agendas. The hordes of Muslims doing their death chants and going nuts on the camera... they don't even know the facts. They are being used. And like the Conservative party rightly points out... it says a lot about our Commander in Chief Barack Hussein, that he bows to the Muslims and apologizes for something that doesn't even warrant an apology, yet doesn't even request an apology from the Muslims for murdering our servicemen.

Yup..they are being used...definitely. So too are we by our own government with the "Tax Breaks for the rich." We are being used.

As a matter of fact..it is the same emotional jag that people are being put on by our government ..that is being done to the Muslims here in this cause.

This is also very similar to what happened in the RCC..with repent,convert or burn. (I keep John Foxe and his Book of Martyrs here by my computer)

I keep saying that our current crop of leadership is more in line with the dogma of Ishmael than of Issac. And they continually demonstrate this. That they prefer the child of the bondwoman (Ishmael) to the child of the freewoman (Issac). They are not even hiding it anymore but are very open about it.

They want a world in which... by man made traditions ....the Child of the Bondwoman "Shall" be hier with the Child of the Freewoman.

Even here ..stateside..if you listen carefully ...they are quietly but openly laying the groundwork for going after the Children of Issac...in the media and in public schools. They are also looking for license to go after Americans themselves...beginning with the "Rich." A very easy sell to unthinking easily emoted peoples. Easily emoted...just like most of the Muslims. It is the same fingerprint.

Like Muslims..and the Koran...our government here is becoming openly insecure and intolerant of criticism. Sound familiar?? Insecurity manifesting itself as aggression. And their sights are set on Americans..not on Islam.

Because They Are Ishmaelites..while outwardly appearing to be American.

What they are doing is pathetic..but it is indeed what "Natural Men" do with all their education and sophistication....and history records this trend.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby hxxx » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:26 am

greeney2 wrote:It wasn't too long ago I had quite an argument here over the death penalty given for trying to give Christian literature, or spreading Christianity. We are supose to believe the Muslims are a peaceful religion, but one can only be reminded of the beauty pagant comment that infuriated them into riots. And now the riots and killing of 2 service men for the Koran burning. Our President has already given a appology for the burning, however the reasons why they were burned most people do not know. It puts a completly different perspective on why, since prisoners were caught passing messages in the Korans. It is also in their beliefs the proper way to dispose of a Koran, like disposing a tattered Flag is to burn it.

Yeah. I remember winning that argument. Like usual. :lol:

I'll state clearly that it's my understanding that Islam does proscribe the death penalty for apostasy. I think that's totally wrong and one of the f'ed up things about Islam. Given that there are ~1,500,000,000+ muslims in the world and one would have to dig to find a dozen examples where the penalty was proscribed and carried out...

That said, get off your high horse Xians. Y'all set a pretty shitty example.

Stories like this seem to be broadcast to inflame and further misunderstanding. Lookit those crazy muslims! (you know, that very small minority of them!) They're ALL like that. ... based on the actions of the few.

I don't get it. Why people don't poeple foster understanding? Why don't they notice and point out that the similarities between Islam and Christianity are much much more bountiful than the differences. Alas, they are two different fairy tales...

Probably too much profit to be made off the conflict. Divide and conquer
hxxx

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 am

hxxx,
While this looks good on paper..it does not make good nonsense to those who know history and can think for themselves....and also know the difference in Ishmael and Issac.

I don't get it. Why people don't poeple foster understanding? Why don't they notice and point out that the similarities between Islam and Christianity are much much more bountiful than the differences. Alas, they are two different fairy tales...

The doctcrine of Christianity is to come out from amongst them and be ye separate. Not to kill off those who differ with them. Just to merely separate.

Government position of Ishmael is to force those who would separate into the fold..not much different from Islam.

Which is why both Islam and Government are of Ishmael.

By this ability to separate is also why there is historically a different fruit produced by Christian Nations and those not Christian.

Almost every bit of progress on the technology side..in Islamic nations came from outside these nations. Thus meaning the standard of living is not from Islam...but from Christian nations.

All that will happen if Sharia comes to this nation is that it will go backwards ...just like with Islamic nations without western Judeo Christian technology.

The likenesses are not what counts here. These likenesses are carried out to conclusions which are very different in the fruit they bear.This is seldom explained to people in any thread/threads..while trying to mix new wine with olde ..leven with unleven...light with darkness.

Being American also means not having to go along...but go your own way...not group think. To be able to separate from ..not have to join in with...or tolerate..but to separate.

People can indeed understand...and then separate from.

The historical fruit produced by the people of these two nations ..is not a fairy tale.

On the other hand...the fruit produced by todays very devout government religious practice of excessive Ishmaelite deficit spending is showing up to be a fairy tale as it becomes obvious that this tail is wagging the dog.

I do believe you have this correct...

To cover ..to hide what government is doing ..they practice this on their own people. So that no one sees what we do. A variation of the shell game. The pea is under none of the shells.

The other problem with Islam ..is that it is the State and Religion...Unseparated. The very thing the founders here wanted to prevent.

Yet here we have our own government obviously giving aid and sustinance to Islam in favor over other peoples including their own.

What you begin to realize is that the aims of government and Islam are identical...absolute power over everything. Once again ..the very thing our founders here were trying to prevent.

Only a public school education can keep people from recognizing this about both Islam and Politics...by not knowing any history and getting people to look at the similarities...and not the history.

In the hands of educated, gnostic, sophisticated men...Islam and Politics have the same goal..absolute power....Not limited power or Limited government as envisioned by the founders here.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:17 am

Am I the only one here who sees the glaring contradiction?

If you don't convert to Christianity, you are sentenced to hell by God, which is far more severe a punishment than issued by any Islamic regime.

So now what can you say?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:36 am

at1with0,

Am I the only one here who sees the glaring contradiction?

If you don't convert to Christianity, you are sentenced to hell by God, which is far more severe a punishment than issued by any Islamic regime.

So now what can you say?

I don't see any contradiction here.

Chosen people are chosen..they don't choose. The Christian doctrine is that "All " deserve hell and damnation. But the choosing is done by God..not by us.

You choose ..you decide is from paganism infiltrating into Christianity and is taught by the majority of what passes for Churches today.

Even as a Believer..I know that I deserve hell and damnation...nothing better.

Now that levels the playing field for everyone.

For the Word teaches that "All" have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

The popular doctrine of "I'm good people" today because I go to this church or this group...I buy this product or that product..I watch this program or that...I wear this type of clothes..drive this type of car...etc. etc. etc...et al..does not hold water when one understands this about the world around us.

The World declares..."All"

And a Believer schooled in the Word..knows that this in particular describes them.

Hope this clarifies.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:58 am

Well if everyone is going to hell anyway, there's no point in anything. Do you not believe John 3:16? It states that whoever shall believes in Christ as the one who delivered us from sin shall have eternal life. Was Jesus unsuccessful in his task that was supposed to get us forgiven?

The contradiction is in condemning one religion for sentencing a person to mortal death for not converting while not condemning another religion in which everyone is sentenced to eternal death.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 pm

hxxx, if this seems to imflame and broadcast misunderstanding, you sure never had that opinion with 90% of Zoltans post you were around to heckle me answering. YOu ratio of number can be said for pedifile priest stories too. This is not a few here and there, it is the law of the land in all muslim countries, plus a host of other human rights violations. Its no wonder in the war forum why you don't get it about afganistan.

Quote:
I'll state clearly that it's my understanding that Islam does proscribe the death penalty for apostasy. I think that's totally wrong and one of the f'ed up things about Islam. Given that there are ~1,500,000,000+ muslims in the world and one would have to dig to find a dozen examples where the penalty was proscribed and carried out...

That said, get off your high horse Xians. Y'all set a pretty shitty example.

Stories like this seem to be broadcast to inflame and further misunderstanding. Lookit those crazy muslims! (you know, that very small minority of them!) They're ALL like that. ... based on the actions of the few.
greeney2

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts